Very easy WBL

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:04 am

Yup. WaterBridge is going to be met with an onslaught of Doüchenators. [Evil laugh] It will be like killing ants with a magnifying glass[/Evil laugh]. WB will out tactic us some way in the end though. -_-

Edit: Working on giving the Doüchenator a make over. I'm using burlap to create a camo kind of look.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

USSA

Post by USSA » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:02 pm

Not to be rude and invite myself but can I come to that too? (preferably on your team)

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:35 pm

I guess... I'll talk it over with Dux. Most likely you can come.

Edit: Its in april some time. We're still not sure on an exact date.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:22 am

Double post to bump.

Dux and I are making 3 more douchenators. We're going to finish them off tomorrow. That makes 4 WBL's in our arsenal. WOW. :Hey, that's funny.:

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:27 pm

Yo Doom, make one of those and mount it onto your APH.

That would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo powerful, when the game starts, go hide and pressurize, then hunt everyone else with extremely superior range and power. B)

EDIT: changed "these" to "those"

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:25 pm

I don't like WBLs enough to make one. From what I've heard, gun mounted WBLs don't turn out very good as well. I do however know most everything about how they work. The concept is extremely simple. Smaller, similar in design guns I have made (Nerf homemades for example).

Sorry, you probably won't ever be seeing a WBL from me.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:32 pm

I just made my own. The last test showed 164 feet. It hit a tree, and it hit the tree at about 60 feet in the air, so it still had a distance to go. We think that it probably lost about 20 to 30 feet of range, giving it insane reach of almost 200 feet.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:58 am

Amazing stats! I'm very interested in your results. I'm hoping I can fix mine so I can shoot snow balls out of it when it snows. The tire valve I had doesn't stay in the hole anymore, so I now have to get a schrader valve. Plus now I need to get 3 others, for the other 3 Doüchenators Dux and I made a while back.

Edit: grammar

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:13 pm

I have a tire valve, but we drilled a 1/2 inch hole for it and the actual thing was maybe 3/4 of an inch large. It was coated with rubber, so when it deformed (it took a lot of pulling), it just popped it in there, and is more air tight than if I used one with threads. The seal around our schrader valve is stronger than the seal around the other parts of our PVC. Plus our PSI gauge works great. I'm using it tomorrow during the snow storm.

Our gun is 5' 1" long, is painted dark green with black stripes and has four muzzle brakes at the end that reduce the noise by 1/3 to 1/2.

Edit: There was 5 spelling errors which the spell check caught. :P

EDIT: Here is a picture of my WBL.

Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

champ021

how do you charge the tire valve??

Post by champ021 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:22 pm

i am confused on how to pump up the tire valve... :confused: ... can you just use a portable bike pump that you can carry around or do you have to use an air compressor that you have to plug into a wall?..im confused. plz reply......

if someone gives me the answer i can actually start buiding this beast. :D

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:43 pm

"Ooh, magic power tree" - *plugs compressor into it*

No, a compressor is not practical, due to the lack of power sockets in the middle of most battle grounds, and the weight.

It's typical to use a foot pump, or track pump. A standard hand pump isn't recommended, as most people struggle to beat 15 psi with a hand pump.

Hand pumps are fine for fixing a bike puncture, but not charging a wbl.

A foot pump/track pump can go well over 100 psi because the user can get their weight behind it.

EDIT: Your posting is a good start, but please use don't post on one line, capitalise "I" and sentence starts, and avoid "plz"

And I am perfecting automatic fire of both types on launchers. As and when an idea appropriate for a wbl comes up, it will be on these forums.

In general - Has anyone had a spring activated ball valve on a Douche? - I'm guessing that the Mussle velocity would be boosted by a huge amount.
Last edited by joannaardway on Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:39 pm

Yup, pedal bike-pumps are generally the way to go...but one of the reasons I partially dislike WBLs is that such pumps take forever to pressurize the PC. I have designed a semi-auto or full-auto method, and it will also use a built-in sabot--but it won't be very cheap.

I thought it has already been decided that, given enough money to get one, a modified solenoid is the way to go for greatest performance and to conserve air. Also, my semi-/full-auto design will cut off the air immediately after firing...

@ champ021: I like new members who are interested in soaker and WBL technology, but could you please clean up your grammar? Thanks...SSC has very high standards spelling- and grammar-wise. Also, it's generally not good to resurrect old topics, but it's better than a new topic, I guess...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:03 am

That sounds like an idea I had a while back - then I thought of mixing some soaker tech into the system instead of coming up with a complex valve design.

Have a PCg type piston in the chamber, and you have the advantage of what is equivalent to a large chamber, but it only uses the air that actually needs to be fired - thus saving on re-pumping.

Now if that's not a good idea - I don't know what is.

How is your auto design going to work? I'm basing my ideas on military technology. *shifty eyes*
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

champ021

Post by champ021 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:07 pm

How do you attach the tire valve onto the 3" PVC end-cap? Do you just drill a hole in the end of the cap and cram it in there? What do you do? (can you tell im new at this?) :rolleyes:

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:00 pm

Maybe you should check out Soaker Media's actual Douchenator article...it's very well done and has a detailed walkthrough. They say that you drill a hole and literally screw in the Schrader valve.