Rapid Fire WBL?

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:58 pm

The problem is. The compressors start small, then jump up to like 50 pund, shoebox type things, and so on and so forth.
The larger ones are too big, and not really good enough anyways. ANd the smaller ones would take you at least a minute to get up to the minimum of 60 PSI. And thats only for one shot! Worthless, and pricey idea. Those things chew through batteries.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:11 pm

If im going to make one of these, I'm going to make the potatoe cannon type. It's really simple to shoot. You open up the back, give about 5 sprays of hairspray, close the back, twist the sparker and boom! I find it a lot easier cause you Don't have to compress air.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:15 am

That very likely will burn/melt the wadding and destroy the balloon. Plus it's louder than an air WBL and much more dangerous (especially to the operator). I would not recommend that.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:50 am

Plus they are illegal in some states, such as mine <_<. There's no federal law against them though, fortunately. I also know that they ARE legal in California. E-Mail your senator like I did ;)
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:49 am

I think what Nibor was thinking, like a medieval organ gun, might work. Basically, the organ gun was ten or fifteen cannon barrels all welded together in a row, and could be fired one by one or all at once. It was a good idea but it had the downside of being ridiculously time-consuming to reload. The idea of converting it to a WBL may work, but air pressure is the problem.

What Soaker Leader is after is something like MetalStorm, which is a mordern-day multi-cannon which holds it's projectiles piled on top of each other, in seperate stacks within the whole thing so it holds around 500 grenades and 100 heavy mortars in total. However, it is fired electrically, sending electronic signals to every projectile in turn and inciting it to ignite it's fuel and fire, somewhat like a missile launcher. However, this needs every projectile to have it's own propulsion, so unless you're going to strap bottle rockets to water balloons it wouldn't work.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

USSA

Post by USSA » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:25 pm

The organ gun concept would work just fine but in essence all you are doing is gluing/mounting/bolting together a number of PACs. If your goal is to have a good base defence gun (you can't lug around a half dozen pacs under your arm... its just not logical) you may as well just make 6 seperate pacs. In addition to being cheaper you also can give one to each of your different troops and if neccessary pump them at different locations throughout your base. Scratch the idea make one and then if you have more capital make another. If you are still really anxious to make a multi shot gun then all you have to do is mount them together with those little metal o things that you tighten with a screw driver (sorry I don't know what they are called... I'm someone here does though)

Oh yea... I'm back