Rapid Fire WBL?

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
Super Sonic

Rapid Fire WBL?

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:16 pm

I was wondering if it is possible to make a rapid fire WBL. If You Have Any Ideas Post 'em Here.
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:51 pm

I assume anythign can be done in terms of Homemades almost, however we would have to solve the problem of not having the QWater Balloons explode at such a fast rate going in and out of the barrel. Thats what Engineers are for B)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:49 am

Of Course It Is Possible To Make a Rapid-Fire WBL. It is easier when capitalization is used correctly however.

Rapid-fire is a broad term. If it is semi-auto or full-auto is the question. Semi-auto, for those unaware of gun terms, means one trigger pull shoots one projectile, nothing else needed (at least until it runs out of air or ammo). Full-auto means, of course, that as long as the trigger is held down the gun will shoot.

I suppose if you had enough money, time and put enough effort into it, it is possible. But then again, nearly anything is possible with enough money, time and effort.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:55 am

I was thinking something like this:

5 barrels or so, And they are connected somehow and you can fire each and reload each in a continuous motion. I think this might be an easy way to do it.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:06 am

Or you could buy plans for P.A.C. 6 and modify it to use 2" chambers and barrel. Although it's not exactly rapid-fire, you also may want to try concocting a bolt-action style apparatus so you can breach load your WBL, that may make things a little bit easier without too much work.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:11 am

Maybe this will work. :huh: Sorry for the bad drawing. :(
Attachments
custom_wbl.JPG
custom_wbl.JPG (13.61 KiB) Viewed 1819 times

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:47 pm

Wouldn't the weight of the other balloons crush the one below it? Also, the low pressure (?) following the shooting balloon could suck another out.

I was thinking of having it like the turnable nozzles on water guns. You load the 6/8/10+ tubes with balloons, fire one, twist the "nozzle", fire another, etc.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:05 pm

I think what Nibordude is trying to go for something like a gaitling gun, right?
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:17 pm

Originally posted by Soaker Leader@Oct 23 2004, 04:11 AM
Maybe this will work. :huh: Sorry for the bad drawing. :(
That difinately won't work. The reload mechanism would work for semi-auto with some ajustments, but you need a constant aur supply. Thats the main problem, and the reason I have not attempted a semi-auto WBL.
I know Doom says he has somewhat solved this, but he won't tell me. :angry:
O well, until he does, or makes one of his own, the best option is compressed CO2 tanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:22 pm

Right, and, with that, there's no way to keep the balloons from falling down, also, it won't shoot without some packing.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:50 pm

It might be expensive but I think you could use some sort of motor to have constant air pressure. Couldn't you?

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:57 pm

Are you sujesting some sort of on-board mini air compressor. That won't work. Nothithing small enough to be practical is powerful enough to keep a steady output, let alone reach the PSi you need quckly enough.
If you were using a WBL for base deffense, you could buy an expensive air compressor with a 10 gallon storage, and it should be large enough to be able to last for a good number of shots if it is producing compressed air at the same time.
You have to remember, we are trying to get a lot of range with these things, and they require much more air, than even the most powerful Nerf Guns.
BlueSoak.net

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:38 am

Exactly right, my WBL has a 3-foot long PC, it takes forever to pressurize.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:20 am

I was thinking more of putting it in a backpack. I think an air compressor of that size should have more than enough power.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:28 am

It would, but not while firing rapidly. Also, wouldn't that be quite heavy and weigh you down?