Water bottle launcher

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:20 pm

what if someone made a water bottle launcher? Like, if you pressurized the water bottle, and somehow put a rubber cap over the opening, and loaded it into a 4 inch wide PVC tube with a plate of pvc on the end with a nail or some other poky object at the end to pop the rubber, thus launching the bottle. The psi would have to be pretty high to launch it farther than a human could.

Please discuss. :)

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

revengeofline

Post by revengeofline » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:40 pm

Why would you want one? A huge 3-pound, rock hard, bottle of water would not be fun to get clobbered with in the head. This would be extremely dangerous. Would you like getting hit with a 3-pound rock?

If you had a rubber bladder like your design said, I don't think that would work anyway. It would have to be more like a huge WBL/cannon thing. Sure, it's possible, but I think it would be pointless to make.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:16 pm

I think if you fire it above a group of enemys (with a little water in it) you could soak the majority of them. But yes, of you aim low and shoot the enemy with the bottle that would leave a mark.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:37 pm

Dude, you are basically talking about a monster rocket. It would have the same effect. Only the monster rocket would probably be cheaper. The only difference is that you could use you launcher at any angle. I Don't see why you would want this. A WBL is much more effective and easier to make and use.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

DX

Post by DX » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:42 pm

I don't think that a water bottle launcher would work, and if it did, you could seriously injure someone.
Would you like getting hit with a 3-pound rock?
I've been hit in the back of the head with a 5-pound rock. :P If I were the enemy, I wouldn't want heavy bottles flying at me, so I wouldn't make one of these.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!