WBLs

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:39 pm

Those arnt ment to be used againt people. They are too powerful. Its just for fun. Maybe if you were a really good aim with a mortar, you could use it. But the price isnt appealing.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:58 pm

They aren't meant to be shot directly at people I think. I do remember at the WWN boards Budgie saying a WBL that powerful would be like an artillery piece, you load it up with lots of balloons and fire it at an angle to take out bases and groups of people. Would take practice to get accurate, but probably would work great in very large wars.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:04 pm

Thats what I meant. Muahahaha, firing 12 waterballoons at a base and watching the enemy flee. :P

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:11 pm

I've seen some cool designs on the net that use a sort of bolt action apparatus to load the wbl. maybe I'll build one... it pretty much involves cutting an opening and a small groove on the top of the barrel, then inserting in an ID version of the same size pipe (e.g. 2" OD for the barrel, 2" ID for the bolt action apparatus). you'd attach a small stick (1/8" pvc anyone?) to a certain part of the ID piping, and anyone who knows how a bolt-action rifle works can figure it out from there.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

blueviper

Post by blueviper » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:44 pm

can't you tell that you will get better airflow if you put the valve at the top so the air goes directly threw the barrel and doesn't have to make that curve? Jesus.