Paintball ?

Topics about sports and recreation.
Anthony

Paintball ?

Post by Anthony » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:09 am

Does anybody here play. I was at a camp for a week and I played a little and it seemed really fun. The only thing I dont like is having to buy paintballs and co2 because I"m used to playing with soakers and having free ammo. :D

Specter

Post by Specter » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:38 am

yea i play paintball. its a sport to play occasionally, but if you really want to get into it its REALLY expensive. And another thing is, every year, prices seem to go up a little. I know this because at my school theres a club that goes on like 2-4 paintball trips a year or so (school year). and last year i couldn't go on them because the prices were much higher than the year before.

another sport to look into is Airsoft. You can get really good airsoft guns and stuff for really cheap if you know where to look. (i found this site with really nice airsoft equipment for really cheap, the only downside, their shipping costs alot) Except i can't get too much into that sport yet considering airsoft/bb guns are illegal in new jersey. But i am gathering info and prices on the sport since im going to be moving to delaware in the near future, and as i have found, they have a couple airsoft leagues or something along those lines.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:51 am

So what about the BBs? Are they made to decompose like paint-balls are? Or do you end up with a forest carpeted in them?
Captain-Canis: Founder of the Maple-Mountain-Marines.
Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

cobralex297

not really

Post by cobralex297 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:07 pm

They don't decompose, as they're synthetic/plastic usually, however you don't shoot enough of them to really 'carpet' anything, as you're playing over an open area and they are quite small.
Armory:CPS1200,1500,2000,2100,2500,
2700,3000,SplashZooka,XP105,150,20,
215,220,240,270,75,90,ss30,60,XTC,
SC600,BigTrouble,PowerPak,TripleCharge

Specter

Post by Specter » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:01 pm

cobralex297 wrote:They don't decompose, as they're synthetic/plastic usually, however you don't shoot enough of them to really 'carpet' anything, as you're playing over an open area and they are quite small.
another thing is, is that they are on them special fields, so im guessing, at the end of the day, they have a machine (maybe like how they pick up golf balls at a driving range) that sucks up all the plastic pellets and they recycle them. Great way to get new pellets out of old ones, and save the environment at the same time.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:17 pm

I've looked around at paintball, and the more realistic range on the markers/guns is quite appealing, plus the fact that its so easy to tell if you've been hit. But the price is rather high for me.

The thing I would miss most about water-warfare though, is the innovation. Here, we are always building new ideas, new guns, coming up with theories, etc. I don't see nearly as much of that happening with the paintball community. And to me, this is one of the best things about our people.

Even after I've stopped fighting in the water-wars, I hope to continue to keep my team going with homemade desighing and recruting people, possibly even continue to host the meetings at my place, even if I don't participate as much.
I am already preparing for this long-term process by having a few slightly younger people on our team, so that if any of the older ones give-out in the next few years, the team won't fall apart.
Captain-Canis: Founder of the Maple-Mountain-Marines.
Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.