Nerf

Topics about sports and recreation.
Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon May 30, 2005 1:04 am

You may not want to put too many rubber bands on if you do that modification. One time I did that to one of my Nerf guns and it snapped the action in half. You might also want to consider replacing the spring inside the gun with a more powerful one. However, the action would become harder to pull back in either one of these modifications.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Mon May 30, 2005 9:52 pm

Yeah, I stoped putting rubber bands because the thing was starting to bend. I want to do the mod that ishere, but I don't know if I should use brass, PETG, PVC, or a crayola barrel. If anyone knows whats best please say, because for some reason I registered, but I can't post. :( Does anyone use these, or these?
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 31, 2005 10:10 am

While which barrel works best depends on what your darts are made of, I've found that brass works very well on my FBR.

Read some of the other articles at that site for more information on barrel selection.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Tue May 31, 2005 5:21 pm

What's FBR? I use the stock darts that come with the nightfinder. I will read some articles. Thanks. :)
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue May 31, 2005 9:41 pm

FDR is foam backer rod. It is used to make homemade darts (several Nerf sites call homemade darts stefans). If you use stock darts, then a piece of schedule 80 PVC or a piece of brass should work fine if you want to do a barrel replacement mod.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.