The "Masterkey"

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
martianshark

Re: The "Masterkey"

Post by martianshark » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:50 am

soakernerd wrote:Hmm- The Vanquisher satisfies a lot of these requirements. It might be easier to just drill the fan blast, Kmod it, and call it a day.
Heh, that's what I did.

This is actually an idea that I had for water gun companies to actually make. Buzz Bee could have used their Ultimate connections for these attatchments.

By the way, Ultimate attatchments are awesome. They lock well, and are probably better than tactical rails. It's too bad BBT doesn't make accessories for them.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:10 pm

I don't care if there are actual accessories. Accessories like a scope or flashlight don't really matter. The only useful thing I can imagine is a refill bottle.
Then again, a drilled bandit might work for the riot, if it has the strength to power it.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

chaosfox97

Post by chaosfox97 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:49 pm

soakernerd (and cantab 10 minutes later) wrote:1x = 1 oz per second. It originally meant 1x the power of the XP 70.
Thanks, although I have to give the credit to soakernerd, he posted a small amount earlier and gave more information. Sorry cantab... :p
C-A_99 wrote:You could re-barrel an M-1911 to accommodate grenades and have the structural integrity to handle the recoil?
Uh... Yes. It's easy. Easy as pie...
Image <= PIE!!! :D
Last edited by chaosfox97 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:21 pm

martianshark wrote:By the way, Ultimate attatchments are awesome. They lock well, and are probably better than tactical rails. It's too bad BBT doesn't make accessories for them.
Hasbro has almost certainly got a patent on the idea of a water blaster with an attachment point for accessories.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Okay, back on topic. I got the design for the Masterkey done. It's CPS instead of PR so it can be fired at any angle. Would I need a hose, or would water just fall through the check valve? And how do you attach the balloons if I use an adapter for the water bottle?
Attachments
Water Gun attachment.png
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:13 am

soakernerd wrote:I don't care if there are actual accessories. Accessories like a scope or flashlight don't really matter. The only useful thing I can imagine is a refill bottle.
I wasn't talking about useless stuff like a scope, and a flashlight of course would be a bad idea. I meant useful attatchments like shields, handles, refill bottles/reservoir expansion bottle, and maybe some sort of grenade launcher.
cantab wrote:Hasbro has almost certainly got a patent on the idea of a water blaster with an attachment point for accessories.
I don't think they can do that. Besides, there are quite a few other toys that have attatchment accessories - even real guns.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:59 am

martianshark wrote:a flashlight of course would be a bad idea
Why? It'd be a bit niche, only useful at night, but it would beat having to hold one separately . And it really wouldn't be hard to make it waterproof enough.
I don't think they can do that. Besides, there are quite a few other toys that have attatchment accessories - even real guns.
The thing with patents is they're written to try and cast the net as wide as possible, in the hope that things actually far removed from the original invention can still be considered to infringe the patent. And whether invention Y does or doesn't infringe the patent on invention X is something that ends up being settled in expensive lawsuits by the patent holder - or, more usually, the patent holder simply bullies the alleged infringer into paying up and/or removing products. Buzz Bee don't want to be sued by Hasbro again, so if there's any patents regarding the Nerf and Super Soaker tactical rail - which there almost certainly are - BBT will steer clear of doing anything remotely similar.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:37 pm

To sum up you want to build up a Soaker, where the CPS bladder is in a closed bottle, filled with air. When you pump in water into the PC you get power from the bladder AND power from the compressed air when the bladder expands.

This is a good idea^^ But it will eliminate the "CPS" :D THe pressure will dorp off a little whe nthe air-pressure is lost and the CPS bladder just produces the power.

Nice idea^^ but you have to get the whole thing seal, totally! And this again makes it difficult to get to the bladder in case you have to make a repair inside...

:)
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

He is just using the bottle as a PC case.

Off topic: You can get a decent power boost by plugging the hole in the top of hydropower guns. The pressure is unconstant enough that it doesn't really matter.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Hasbro has had multiple blasters attached before; the Nerf utility power system that consisted of various blasters, though the blasters have to be attached in a specific way unlike with BBT's system. Still, it would be interesting to see BBT utilize small, attachable blasters or even WBL's attachable, not that it would ever happen.