Water gun tests this summer

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
SSCBen

Water gun tests this summer

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:13 pm

This thread serves primarily as a reminder to me. If I don't post that I've done this by July, feel free to remind me.

I'm planning to do some detailed tests to empirically determine the relationship between important design parameters in water guns. This will enable us to accurately predict the range of water guns as well as the output for given design parameters.

The end result will be some empirically determined equations that almost everyone here could use to design water guns.

This likely will be a very time consuming task if a reasonable number of trials for each configuration are tested. I could imagine taking a week or more to do these tests. Most here should understand the value such tests would provide.

martianshark

Re: Water gun tests this summer

Post by martianshark » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:20 pm

This thread seems to have been posted twice.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Yes, there was a legitimate server problem going on at the time and I had thought it did not get through the first time. Thanks for letting me know.

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:33 pm

did you do it yet?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 am

Sorry, I did not have the time. And as my semester starts tomorrow, it does not seem likely that I'll have the time soon. I'll keep it in the back of my mind, though. Thanks for reminding me.