Bad Pressurisation concepts.

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
joannaardway

Bad Pressurisation concepts.

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:25 pm

Over the months, we have had many concepts on pressurizing soakers. I am listing BAD ideas - the builds you must never attempt due to either danger to yourself, or your target.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO ANY OF THESE IDEAS.

Use of Dry ice to create pressure is incredibly dangerous for three reasons:
1) It can create massive pressure - a tiny amount of dry ice represents a vast quantity of gas.
2) It is incredibly cold - the temperatures weaken the PVC of a soaker, meaning that it is less capable of taking the pressures that will be created.
3)It will chill the water you fire (it doesn't freeze it for odd reasons) to the level that injury could occur.

Use of acids/bases to create gas is acceptable - when used to power a wbl.

Putting acids in a soaker - come on people:

You are going to be firing acid/alkali at your target as you envitably will get the mix wrong.

Electrolysis

This is not dangerous to any notable extent.

However, I went and made a plastic bottle with two nails in the base. I ran current through these for many hours. I came back, and there was a little pressure present. However this was from a powerful electric source, and several hours.

A few minutes, plus whatever you get from 9v batteries won't be enough to do anything

Explosives

You have got to be kidding me - this is soaking, not WWIII. If this is ever suggested the topic will be removed.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston