Pressure

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
m15399

Post by m15399 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:52 pm

I pump my FF 20-25 times. If I've shot for 2 seconds, I pump until the pump starts squeaking (which is about 20 pumps). It the squeaking just the pump or is it the check valve?

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:07 pm

Almost certainly the check valve - pumps squeak anyway, but if it squeaks more than normal - the check valve is operating.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:09 am

Yes, that's almost definitely the check valve. I have one of those old yellow XP270s--I don't use it because it seems a bit , well, "inferior," and because it always needs repairs--and it squeaks if you pump it too much and doesn't gain any more pressure. Larami must have made the check valve squeaky to tell you when the PC is full and when to stop pumping, but I stop pumping just to cut off the horrible noise :D . But I admit, it does seem like it is just [a loose O-ring in] the pump, but nothing appears to leak :rolleyes: .