my first CPH YAY

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
The Soaker

my first CPH YAY

Post by The Soaker » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:48 pm

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g45 ... CN0196.jpg

It's made from spare parts i had lying around so I put them all together and heres what i got.
it gets 40 feet and the stream looks like a 5X. By the way what is the formula for calculating nozzle rates?
CPS 2000!!!!!! *FWOOSH!!!*

Andrew

Re: my first CPH YAY

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:44 pm

If you are referring to output (1x, 5x etc.) I believe it is the number of fluid ounces of water per second. The XP70 has 1x output as it fires nearly 1oz (0.93oz) of water per second.

It is basically: amount of water fired (in ounces) / shot time (seconds)

Anyway, not a bad idea, using an old CPS bladder to make a CPH. You may want to add a casing around it for protection if it bursts.

Can't see too much of the workings due to the tape, but (assuming the orange part is the nozzle) it would probably be better to have the nozzle inline with the PC for more laminar flow (improve range a bit aswell).

Is the trigger the little spring loaded button above the nozzle? A ball valve would offer better flow, but much less control than the trigger design you've got (unless that is a ball valve trigger at the back of the barrel, and the button does something else).

The pump looks a little short aswell (from a piston blaster?), and will consequently need more pumps to fill the PC, but should be smoother than a homemade pump. You may also want to find something a bit more permanent than black tape to hold on the reservoir hose connection (or is that just to stop it kinking?).

The orange fin thingy near the back of the barrel is for lamination I presume? I would have thought straws would have done better for lamination, but what you have is quite a simple solution and, if it works, should restrict flow much less than straws.

Overall that's quite a clever and compact little CPH you have there!
The Revolution Will NOT Be Dry!

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:05 pm

I wouldn't call it a homemade, but nice job none the less. This has several advantages over a homemade as well.

Good Job!
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

The Soaker

Post by The Soaker » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:58 pm

Andrew wrote:If you are referring to output (1x, 5x etc.) I believe it is the number of fluid ounces of water per second. The XP70 has 1x output as it fires nearly 1oz (0.93oz) of water per second.

It is basically: amount of water fired (in ounces) / shot time (seconds)

Anyway, not a bad idea, using an old CPS bladder to make a CPH. You may want to add a casing around it for protection if it bursts.

Can't see too much of the workings due to the tape, but (assuming the orange part is the nozzle) it would probably be better to have the nozzle inline with the PC for more laminar flow (improve range a bit aswell).

Is the trigger the little spring loaded button above the nozzle? A ball valve would offer better flow, but much less control than the trigger design you've got (unless that is a ball valve trigger at the back of the barrel, and the button does something else).

The pump looks a little short aswell (from a piston blaster?), and will consequently need more pumps to fill the PC, but should be smoother than a homemade pump. You may also want to find something a bit more permanent than black tape to hold on the reservoir hose connection (or is that just to stop it kinking?).

The orange fin thingy near the back of the barrel is for lamination I presume? I would have thought straws would have done better for lamination, but what you have is quite a simple solution and, if it works, should restrict flow much less than straws.

Overall that's quite a clever and compact little CPH you have there!
yes the little button above the nozzle is the trigger and it's getting great ranges already also the pump is from a storm monsoon force 4 and don't worry ill put some epoxy putty where the intake tube connects to the gun. And the nozzle is too but i drilled it to 5X.
CPS 2000!!!!!! *FWOOSH!!!*

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:23 pm

atvan wrote:I wouldn't call it a homemade, but nice job none the less.
I suppose it would be considered more of a minimisation mod combined with the addition of a separate CPS pressure chamber, instead of as a homemade in the full sense of the term.

Nevertheless, it's still quite clever what you've done with the parts you had.

40ft range is a little on the smaller side for a homemade (especially a CPH), so you may want to k-mod it aswell.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:20 pm

The bends in the design likely lead to a loss of energy, which could be inhibiting the range.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Unfortunately that clever valve won't help the flow either!

I suppose that 40ft range for a blaster that size, with a standard spherical CPS PC, is actually pretty good. It may not be the most efficient design, but The Soaker has made good use of the available parts. :)