Homemade Soaker vests

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
-G-JiV-

Homemade Soaker vests

Post by -G-JiV- » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi there. Anyone remembering the Soaker vests from the UK ?

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/water-wars/index.html

I am going to build up own vets. I already got a substance, that change its colour from white to BLUE when it get in touch with water. Then, when drying the colour changes back into white again :D

THe only thing I need now are some white T-shirts---then I can build up xxx Soaker vests :D Since I got more than enough of this chemical substance... :)

I will show you more, when I got t-shirts...
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

C-A_99

Re: Homemade Soaker vests

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:20 pm

Interesting. Do you have the name of or info on the substance used? It sounds like a stain that's simply applied to the T-shirt. A t-shirt that can be stained anywhere by water would be far better than those measly targets as well.

Now, if we could, on top of this, have gridded T-shirts that stain, that would be very useful for official/league based wars.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:42 am

Just buy a gridded T-shirt somewhere and stain it with this stuff. :D

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Yea, that is what I am going to do. Just get a WHITE T-SHIRT and then stain it with the substance :D
Sadly speaking I have no time to buy some till saturday...so you will have to wait, like me too. :D

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Blue's a better color for the water warfare theme though. Or perhaps you could have 2 sets of T-shirts, which stain different colors based on the team wearing them.

Gridded T-shirts will probably have to be custom ordered to find something that's entirely or mostly gridded. Particularly, the front/back and shoulders need to be covered comprehensively.

Also,
C-A_99 wrote:Do you have the name of or info on the substance used?
=p

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:21 pm

The colour is blue. I do not think that I can easily change the colour to red so we have two different colours for two different teams. The substance does work now, may It will not when it turns red... :D

As for the name of the substance I can only laugh...It is a remix of some chemical substances out of my chemicstry building set... :D

But anyway I can try to find out what these substances are^^

It was not tested on any T-Shirts yet, so I cannot tell much details on it yet, but from testing on a small piece of towel it should work as we want^^ :D Saturday, come faster ;)

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Found these bikinis. This is what some of us have talked about before (dual-layer with an outer thin white layer and a colored underlayer), but actually made. No chemicals required; just the right layering of fabrics. Seeing it in action tells me this would be one of the best ways to go for a hit indicator for water wars. Battling with girls in bikinis wouldn't hurt, either! :p

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Wear a black tee shirt.
Put a white tee over that.
done.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:41 pm

iSoaker, how did you find that? =p

What I would do is stick to the traditional gridded T-shirt idea using this method. An inner-layer has the grid pattern (I'd give about 2 cm^2 per grid), and the gridlines are colored black, with the backgrounding being colored light blue or red, depending on team. The outer layer is a very water-permeable white later. This lets you see where the hits are, along with how much the, and how many grids are filled.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Haha, our lovely isoaker...always dreaming from soaking girls in bikinis.... :D

But I do not think that we can get such girls playing water warfare in their bikinis...and there is also nobody who will wear a bikini over the t-shirt as a hit-indicator either... :D