PISTION WITH A BACKPACK

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
DominicNop

PISTION WITH A BACKPACK

Post by DominicNop » Sun May 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Hey guys i know its kinda annoying to start my first thread asking a question but:
I am about to have a water war with my ROTC unit vs a bunch of army RANGERS so i want as much firepower as possible but still easy to build. I was thinking of making a bunch of simpe syrenge guns but i want at least 2 squad members with backpack resivors atached to their guns...So how would I go about doing this?

JuchTurtles

Re: PISTION WITH A BACKPACK

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun May 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Well it would be better to build an APH than piston guns - especially in wars and things like that. Unless you're building them large.

Read the APH guide and browse the homemades section - if you are new to PVC and building Water Guns, read the APH guide just for help even if you're not building it.

And, please note that even though it looks appealing because of range and output, the SuperCannon II is actually unweildy and hard to reload making it unpracticle for your purpose.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun May 30, 2010 11:49 pm

The APH or CPH would be the best choices to start off, though I personally prefer CPS-line blasters over basic homemades. Making good homemades effective for wars is also difficult but you can get a ton of waterpower with a backpack.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun May 30, 2010 11:52 pm

Also, building a piston can be difficult and - same as SC2 - hard to reload.

As C-A_99 said, the best thing to build is an APH or CPH.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon May 31, 2010 2:33 am

Also, building a homemade piston gun would be nearly as expensive as building an APH.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon May 31, 2010 3:40 am

Personally, I would build a couple of APH's, a backpack resivoir for each, and then just outfit the rest of your team with FF's and the like, or larger CPS soakers.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon May 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Piston blasters are never as good as similar-sized pressurised ones. A good piston blaster can obtain good range and output, but in battle they're harder to aim accurately.

I'd suggest getting Vindicators or Vanquishers as your 'standard' weapons, and maybe build an APH or two connected to a big backpack as heavy weapons.

Of course, it helps to know what the opposition is going to bring. If they've got a bunch of the big old CPS blasters, you're gonna need similar blasters or homemades. If they're just gonna have current stuff, you can fight them with current stuff. If you expect them to build, you might want to go all-out yourself.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: