Homemade Spherical CPS Water Gun?

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
martianshark

Re: Homemade Spherical CPS Water Gun?

Post by martianshark » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:31 pm

When I make this water gun, I'll put enough space beetween the bladders.
Last edited by martianshark on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killi101

Post by Killi101 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 am

Are you going to put the balloons vertical or horizontal? just want to know because im not sure what to do for my design
Water:
dont like drinking much
like to throw it at people

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:44 am

Balloons generally do better horizontally and facing the nozzle/output area. However it really doesn't matter what direction if you have a check valve (which is usually necessary or common in water guns).

On a side note, this is a 3-month old thread so this post was a little - late.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:30 pm

I've replaced the PC on my APH with 25 balloons - I need to buy some more.
I'm a dude

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:21 pm

It's better to have only one PC horizontally facing towards the valve directly. You get better lamination and performance that way and there's a reason most people never have it otherwise.

Ergonomically, it may be easier to have the spherical PC hang vertically downwards to distribute the weight better, but it's still better to have it horizontal and with a PC case to keep the bladder in place.

I don't know if Martianshark even built this yet. It's probably a work in progress. Either way, you don't need muiltiple CPS PC's; one tends to work better since you don't have to worry if one bladder is more powerful than the other, nor if one bladder wears out sooner than the other and most importantly, facing the nozzle directly provides performance as mentioned again and again throughout the forums. Has anyone noticed that every single blaster of the CPS line has its bladder facing towards the nozzle?

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:19 pm

My APH does only have one PC - I didn't have enough tee junctions.
I've got plently of pipe (but compression joints ruin it, so you need to use new pip if you use a different joint), so I'll probably rearrange my APH to be a more CPHish shape.

EDIT: I have rearranged it, and I get about 3 feet more range just from that!
I had to replace the balloons with bike tubing, as the thing they were on wore through them.
Last edited by Fredcompany on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a dude