THE random soaker related invention thread

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
used man

THE random soaker related invention thread

Post by used man » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:47 am

The title says the idea. Ill start with my shower nade the shower nade is relatively useless. To make it you take a broken xp gun saw off the pressure chamber/s right at the neck. Next you drill four holes in a square around the original hole. Then you fill it up and throw it spinning and water showers everywhere.
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

SSCBen

Re: THE random soaker related invention thread

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:23 am

I remember an older thread with something similar that used a small piece of latex tubing. If my memory's right it was meant as a paintball grenade. Once I find it I'll post it here.

Similarly, it wasn't very useful. I don't think there's anything that will replace water balloons as the "water grenade." Despite the cleanup and one time use, they work and work well.

used man

Post by used man » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:14 am

That sounds interesting but this thread is for anyone with a random invention so if youre going to post please give at least a pict or description of a invention.
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:29 pm

I'm pretty sure "something similar with latex tubing" is a description. :p

Anyway, I've found the link to what I was talking about: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/in ... opic=80216

It can be used as a reusable water grenade but it doesn't get as much spread as a water balloon.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:00 pm

I kind of understand what you mean by your Shower-nade, used man. You mean basically a part-water-filled plastic ball with holes in it, so that when you throw it, the centrifugal force flings the water out in any direction.

I swear you can buy those things for little kids can't you? except they come with spongey things in them as well, so that the water lasts longer?
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!