THE random soaker related invention thread

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
used man

THE random soaker related invention thread

Post by used man » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:47 am

The title says the idea. Ill start with my shower nade the shower nade is relatively useless. To make it you take a broken xp gun saw off the pressure chamber/s right at the neck. Next you drill four holes in a square around the original hole. Then you fill it up and throw it spinning and water showers everywhere.
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

SSCBen

Re: THE random soaker related invention thread

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:23 am

I remember an older thread with something similar that used a small piece of latex tubing. If my memory's right it was meant as a paintball grenade. Once I find it I'll post it here.

Similarly, it wasn't very useful. I don't think there's anything that will replace water balloons as the "water grenade." Despite the cleanup and one time use, they work and work well.

ben@sscentral.org / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.

used man

Post by used man » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:14 am

That sounds interesting but this thread is for anyone with a random invention so if youre going to post please give at least a pict or description of a invention.
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:29 pm

I'm pretty sure "something similar with latex tubing" is a description. :p

Anyway, I've found the link to what I was talking about: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/in ... opic=80216

It can be used as a reusable water grenade but it doesn't get as much spread as a water balloon.

ben@sscentral.org / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:00 pm

I kind of understand what you mean by your Shower-nade, used man. You mean basically a part-water-filled plastic ball with holes in it, so that when you throw it, the centrifugal force flings the water out in any direction.

I swear you can buy those things for little kids can't you? except they come with spongey things in them as well, so that the water lasts longer?
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!