Plans

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
SSCBen

Re: Plans

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:12 am

I understand that. That's what I meant when I said this a few posts up:
Think of the tubing reducing the diameter as extra layering that will apply a normal force to bring the pressure inside the one tube to the same level the other thicker tube requires (if that makes any sense).

aEx155

Post by aEx155 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:21 am

Ben wrote:Think of the tubing reducing the diameter as extra layering that will apply a normal force to bring the pressure inside the one tube to the same level the other thicker tube requires (if that makes any sense).
I still don't understand that...kinda...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:24 am

When you push against something, it applies an equal and opposite reaction force in the normal direction (the perpendicular direction). That is called the normal force. So when the tube's expansion is limited in a pipe, at all points of contact between the latex tube and the pipe there is a normal force. This normal force increases the pressure and consequently the other tube can expand.

If you're still confused let me know. That's how I think this would work. It makes sense to me.

Commander Soakage

Post by Commander Soakage » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:36 pm

I just put the finishing touches on my super cps and it works brilliantly. i made a minor edit on the LRT and used 3/16 thickness instead of 1/4. almost as good, but a lot cheaper ($12 instead of 20). I layered it of course :)
HASBRO stands for:
Horrible, Atrocious, Stupid, Bratty, Rotten and Obnoxious

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:19 pm

Sounds great! Is it possible to measure ranges? If you don't have a meter stick you could find how far it shoots down a running track, football or soccer field, etc. Thanks in advance!