An idea for a homemade

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
aEx155

Re: An idea for a homemade

Post by aEx155 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:31 am

Could you post a diagram? This sounds interesting. I made my homemade with a lot of threaded connections and that helped me customize it. Heck, I was even able to use it as an air launcher/gun thing!

CROC

Post by CROC » Fri May 16, 2008 12:45 pm

I haven't built it yet, I still have to get some parts, but if you go to either the first or second page, there is a diagram of what I think it will look like. I might be getting the materials today, so I will take photos when I can (And when I have all the things made)

Just wondering, but has anyone done a suction reservoir (No tube, just the water is drawn into the pump by suction)?
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Fri May 16, 2008 1:14 pm

Just wondering, but has anyone done a suction reservoir (No tube, just the water is drawn into the pump by suction)?
Yes, I believe several people have done that. And just to note, all reservoirs work by suction; just because they don't have a feed tube doesn't mean they don't.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

CROC

Post by CROC » Fri May 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Ok, because I was thinking of putting some type of bag inside the left PVC part. I would rather have a soaking bag that can fill the whole thing, making it easier to replace (My design wont allow a ventilation hole, since water would just flow freely from it). Would the bag possibly cause me problems, like going into the PVC?
-Croc

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 16, 2008 3:48 pm

I think a bag would be really annoying. There's no reason to not use a solid reservoir. If you want an air vent you can drill a hole and epoxy on a small check valve somewhere. McMaster-Carr sells small and very cheap check valves perfect for this. ;)

CROC

Post by CROC » Fri May 16, 2008 4:18 pm

I could do that, but I don't think the check valve would be worth the cost of shipping it. I will try a bag, but if that fails, I will use vinyl tubing, simply to make it suck it up. I wouldnt need a vent hole with a bag, because every time that I open the filler ball valve, the bag would fill with air, and then could be emptied.
-Croc

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 16, 2008 4:24 pm

I've had things sent from McMaster-Carr with something as cheap as a padded envelope, and you could always stick them in another order and they won't increase the shipping at all. The bag idea will be more trouble than it's worth in my mind, but if you want to use it, go ahead. ;)

aEx155

Post by aEx155 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:05 pm

So, using the plastic bag would work on the same principle as those baby bottles, right?

CROC

Post by CROC » Sat May 17, 2008 1:22 pm

What do you mean by baby bottles? aEx?

Anyhow, I have a plan to connect the rest of the gun to the bag, which involves two more pieces of PVC (Coupler and a screw on piece). This will be an interesting gun, in my opinion
-Croc

aEx155

Post by aEx155 » Sat May 17, 2008 2:57 pm

Well, I'm not sure of the type or name, but I remember seeing a baby bottle that had some kind of plastic bag on the inside where you would put the milk so the baby would only drink milk and not get any air.

Do you know what I'm talking about?

CROC

Post by CROC » Sat May 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Yes then, it is what you are talking about. I will get pictures up ASAP, but I don't have the parts (Saw speed racer yesterday)
-Croc