The future is close

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:14 pm

when I think about it, I don't see why we haven't been using homemades all along. they're more powerful, they don't break as easily, they have better colors, and you get a sense of pride out of using them since you made it yourself.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:31 pm

I don't see why we haven't been using homemades all along
Because they require more effort than walking into your local toy store, taking a soaker off the shelf and buying it! :D

Don't get me wrong, I think homemades are great and are ultimately more rewarding.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:54 pm

It actually isn't that much more work at all, unless you're building a gun like this one. That one like a PowerPak is 90% done, and I've worked maybe 30 minutes on it, and if I got down to business in that time, I could have made it in 10 or so. I think it seriously is going to be my main field blaster because it will have a huge shot time and great range.

Remember this: no one can say anything about how hard a homemade is to make unless they have made one themselves or have good evidence that making homemades is hard. Making a homemade is much easier, cheaper, and better at today's prices than buying a CPS soaker and modding it. Believe me, this stuff is what we need.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:34 pm

I suppose making a homemade is going to take longer if you have never made one before, and then it will be quicker just to buy a CPS off the shelf (assuming they have them in stock). However, if you have experience in scratchbuilding, it's definitely the way to go. Which reminds me, will the PowerPak-like homemade be finished soon? Have you chosen a generic name for this type of homemade? (e.g. the DoomPack Series :D )

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:06 pm

I just finished it(This is not the XP powerpak like one, this one I started making a few days ago, I have given up on the old XP one, I'm going to turn it into a 2L homemade). The pic I took doesn't look right, it makes it look like a drinking thing, that's because I added an extra valve out of the back since I only have a leftover tee, and I didn't want to ruin it by plugging it up. That's a good thing though, I can fill it while I'm using it, I can turn it into a portable QFD and still use it if needed. I can also use 2 nozzle's at a time, the power will probably be pretty bad for each one though.

I'm going to test it right now, I'll post if it works and how good it works.

Edit: The power of this is terrible. Absolutely terrible. And I do mean it. Range from my guesses is 25-30 feet. However, there also was a extremely bad amount of wind out, and I guess that could have made the results bad, but I didn't even feel the power, so it's weak. It needs extreme collosusing, and then it will be good. :)

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:26 pm

I wouldnt make a home made because it takes to much time, money, and I have no expertise in that. And the end product just isnt the same.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:51 pm

I'm a tad confused. Are you now talking about Threshold? What happened to Conan, or whatever its name was?

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:49 pm

He lost me too.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:58 pm

Conan was the XP one that failed. Conan II, or Leftovers as I am calling it now is the one that disappointed me. Threshold, which I intend to rename, is not complete.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:39 pm

Double post newbie here!

Well, yesterday I *finally* got the CPS chamber closed. Like the collosusing, I made a way that is super easy to do, a. I'll edit in a picture soon.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:47 pm

Here she is!

It's about 80% done now, I need to finish the trigger systems, pump and a bit of work on the PC. Tell me what you think of it now. :D

THIRST

Post by THIRST » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:18 am

I see some brass, a 2k pump, and a homemade. Im confused.

THIRST

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:28 am

The brass is going to be part of the pump, leftovers may be used with my Triple Shot, I won't say how it will be used just yet. The AT 2K pump is for testing purposes, I wanted to make sure the valves were working right. As you probably know, my AT 2K was sXPBackfire-esqueped because I overpumped it.

I'll explain some of the other parts... the rubber bands are to keep the trigger valve closed since it's a homemade valve, based very loosely on the Zero Valve. The endcaps are to keep the rod attached to the gun, I need to drill holes in them. That piece of PVC with the endcaps is going to be the pump handle, it'll be guided on the alluminum rod. Overall I'm impressed with my design, it should prove to be incredibly solid.

THIRST

Post by THIRST » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:26 pm

If your basing it off of the zero valve...are you sure to can hold all that water? It was designed to hold around 50-80 psi...Sounds great! But are you using the semi-auto zero for burst shots, or the standard?

THIRST

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:19 am

It's based on the zero valve very roughly, it actually is designed to hold more pressure and have an higher output. The pressure will probably be 40 PSI at most, it's well within the limits. It's based on the standard zero valve, I don't want to make anything too complicated.