Simlar to the 2inch nozzle cannon!!!!!

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
CRAZY Homemade

Simlar to the 2inch nozzle cannon!!!!!

Post by CRAZY Homemade » Wed May 10, 2006 2:01 am

OK, a whole lot more practical idea if one has a tripod...
Its pc is more than 8500 ml. Its id is 1 inch.
However, it needs a large 3 stage water pump attached to the check valve. The pump is a vertical for greater efficient and for less pump time. The air compressor quick connect is optional for a quicker pressurization.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed May 10, 2006 6:52 am

If you want a homemade with a 10 litre PC, then there are much more effective ways of doing it, and given that it appears you have no wish for a reservior, you could mount it as a backpack.

This would be perfectly managable weight wise, and there would be zero need for a tripod.

Ideally the back pack would be using CPS tech, but PCg tech would be perfectly sufficent, and in your case, probably the best option - given that you have a compressor.

When you say "3 stage pump", what exactly do you mean? The design which running around the forums a week or two back?
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 13, 2006 7:15 pm

I think CRAZY Homemade is referring to the multi-stage pump system that I brought up and that you intend to use in a PCgH. However, he should know that an air compressor will not be significantly (if at all) faster than the pump. However, it could be effective if a Schrader valve is used as opposed to automatic types.

This is starting to sound a lot like an ITWL. However, a PCgR system would be more relevant than a CPR system, as the air compressor can only pump air--impossible in a CPH. Even APR systems don't have pressurization of the air.

For the three-stage pump, CRAZY Homemade refers to a detonator-style pump, which I have thought of before; basically, you push down on the pump, and you use your entire body's weight on a wide pump tube, then you can pressurize very quickly. Then, using the narrow stage with the entire body weight, high pressures can be obtained.