Can It Be Done?

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
ccates

Post by ccates » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:53 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I have a question that needs to be answered. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Is it possible to make a remote controled water gun without pumping it first, and if so... would it be very powerful?

Thank you,
Chris

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:57 pm

Now when you mean remote controled, do you mean a water gun that pumps itself? Or do you mean like a gun ontop of an RC racer? I'm a little confused on what you mean.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

ccates

Post by ccates » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:07 pm

Imagine...

Setting a water gun or some other contraption down somewhere and you hide behind some bushes. When someone walks by, you press a button and the water shoots out.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:15 pm

There's actually something like that. A water balloon launcher on a site called Aqua Labs. It uses a battery and some other things to release air in its PC. Your soaker can be as good as you can hope. Building something like a Doom Homemade and creating a button trigger is very do-able. But, it takes time and money.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:17 pm

I don't see why not, you would need to make a homemade though, and then release pressure remotely, however if I was going to do that, I would have a motion detector added and just have a remote control for on/off and to vary sensitivity.

EDIT: Wrote that exactly the same time as nibourdude so they say similar things.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:54 pm

[url='http://www.sscentral.net/gallery/weapons/?pic=15']http://www.sscentral.net/gallery/weapons/?pic=15[/url]

Not sure if this is what you meant, but a remotely-controled Splashzooka requires no pumping.

Anyway, Pepper and I have made remote-controled water guns before. I made a remotely controled CPS 1000 and the image above is Pepper's RC Splashzooka. My gun actually was activated by a tripped laser, so you wouldn't need to put someone on it. Though, I never got the trigger pulling mechanism to work correctly. :P

ben@sscentral.org / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.