Homemades For sale

Advertisements on soakers for sale. Sellers post here!
adronl

Post by adronl » Fri May 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Not one like this! I challenge you to build a home made that holds 8 gallons for less. Yes there is some profit but not much not nearly as much as larami or harbro. I am building one right now, should be posting pictures tonight. FYI call your commercial plumbing suppliers and find out how much pieces cost for 8inch pipe.

I'll say this for the money you would pay for a high powered manufactured gun is greater than the price I am asking the capacity and power it has is 7-8 times that of your best super soaker. The best comparison is off site and it was called the Ubersoaker there is a link on the page this guy payed a lot of money to produce that animal this is Extremely similar but far cheaper.

I changed up the sizes a little to make them a bit smaller because they are huge!! Here are the correct specs for the pictured items. The smaller of the 2 has a tank about 22" by 8" diameter that is 1105.28 cubic inches that is 4.78 gallons :D The larger is 1507.2 cubic inches that is 6.52 gallons :eek: And I decided I will make it a bit more cost efficient by making the rest in 6" and 4" want a custom job just ask me!! Oh yeah if you didn't notice the 2" filling port just to brig to your attention I would fit easily and speedily in you just think about that :cool:
Last edited by adronl on Mon May 11, 2009 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

adronl

Post by adronl » Sat May 09, 2009 12:47 am

Last edited by adronl on Mon May 11, 2009 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Re: Homemades For sale

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 09, 2009 1:25 am

A warning about the fittings you're using: they are not pressure rated. I'd suggest reading this page about how to identify pressure rated fittings: http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/inde ... _Rated_PVC

I wouldn't be too worried as water is incompressible and thus failure on a part near water won't be catastrophic, but it's something to keep in mind. And yes, I've made this same mistake before and I'm somewhat sad that most of my guides featured on the website use non-pressure rated fittings.

Other than that it looks like a fine design that I'm sure people will enjoy. I might try something similar. ;)

adronl

Post by adronl » Sat May 09, 2009 2:09 am

I assure you that they are pressure rated they were purchased as such from a commercial supply. Except for one piece that is probably the one you are talking about the 2" test T. Sadly the plumbing supply didnt have that part at the time they were out of stock. I bet it will still hold more than 150psi I will do the research. Funny thing is the pressure rated were actually cheaper than drainage/not pressure pipes. I figured it would be the other way around but it had to do with the fact that the company orders more pressure rated pipe. The weak link is the valve hose and the 8" pipe the rating is for 160psi the valve is rated at 150psi.
Last edited by adronl on Sat May 09, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 09, 2009 2:21 am

There are a few signs that these fittings are not pressure rated.

First is the socket length. Look at the tee you are sticking your hand in. Note that the fittings don't go in all of the way. There is a reason for this; it's because the tee isn't pressure rated. Pressure rated tees have full length sockets.

Second, generally bell reducers are not pressure rated. I haven't seen a pressure rated one. The 4 inch bell reducer in the already mentioned photo clearly says DWV on it, which doesn't necessarily mean that the fitting is not pressure rated, but if it says DWV in absense of NSF-pw or NSF-61, then it's not pressure rated. DWV and NSF-pw/NSF-61 are different ratings; DWV is for lighter use and pw/61 is for potable water (which is pressurized so it will flow). A pipe or fitting can meet both ratings, which is why the pipe/fitting saying DWV doesn't necessarily imply that it's not pressure rated.

I've found that most commercial supply places don't know anything about pressure rating. I've asked the same thing before and I've been assured everything is pressure rated when it clearly wasn't.

Where you bought the fittings might have thought SCH40 automatically means pressure rated (it doesn't). The pipe schedule refers to dimensions, not pressure rating.

Go through all of the fittings. The ones that say DWV with no mention of NSF-pw or NSF-61 are not pressure rated.

Note that this generally is not a problem, but safety is important and I feel I must reiterate these issues.

adronl

Post by adronl » Sat May 09, 2009 3:04 am

Cool thanks I will make sure that I get what I want and I know what to look for now just in case my supplier doesn't. FYI be assured that I will be testing anything and everything before it sells ( Of course I want to play with them before you do ) they will be tested at a comfortable psi rating no more than 120psi. Unless otherwise stated I will be soon exploring and ulrta high powered gun and ergonomic handhelds that intimidate and deliver.

Testing Is about to begin on these behemoths if not to excited I will try and get measurements. :D I make sure I will be selling you something that is not going to explode. If you exceed rating and abuse the gun just like a car tire you can over fill it and things may get dangerous. The design here the hose is more likely to burst or fail before catastrophic failure occurs. Buyer beware these are hardcore and literally are the baddest waterguns on the block and are dangerous if used improperly.
Last edited by adronl on Sat May 09, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adronl

Post by adronl » Sat May 09, 2009 9:04 pm

I did testing last night and everything went well both guns tested at 125psi. I will be mounting them on packs and getting numbers for duration and distance. Also I will be producing some less expensive models including some handhelds.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 09, 2009 9:17 pm

What pressures would you recommend for regular use? What's the performance like at those pressures?

We tend to pump our guns up to only 50 PSI or thereabouts, but then again, that's limited by pumping strength, not just safety.

adronl

Post by adronl » Sat May 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Honestly the more the better depending how much room you leave for air. The pressure will rapidly decrease if you leave little to no room for it. If you leave a gallon of room in the large and about half a gallon in the small 80psi will keep you going. Do not try shooting your friend at point blank though. I am using either a car plug in pump or an AC air compressor with a tank.

adronl

Post by adronl » Mon May 11, 2009 9:11 pm

NEW REVISION I have built 2 of 8 or more guns that will be up for sale. As of now there will be 4 frame pack mounted High Capacity Behemoths, 2 of which have already been built the next 2 will be dual or single 6" tanks. The frames will be U.S. military Alice pack frames with shoulder and waist straps to ensure you will still be very mobile. Also all of my designs are not bulky and very mobile they may be heavy when you load up but they are well balanced, strapped, and supported in comfort, and they drop in weight rapidly due to the high volume fire. For the next 4 I have already purchased some parts for some piston guns and currently working on a pre-charged model. Maybe there will also be a couple of ultra low cost high volume coke bottle models. Customization can be done I am good at visualization to a point. At this point in time I have the budget to produce immediately and if things go well business will continue I would like to have 7 standard designs to choose from. Imagine hitting your opponent and soaking them to their socks in one short blast. Contact me if you are interested.

P.S. I would like to open up a dialog with the administrators of this site respectfully for some endorsement input or review in design for everyone's safety and fun and maybe some of their vision in the design.

adronl

Post by adronl » Wed May 13, 2009 1:08 am

After tomorrow I will have 3 days of free time to build a few more guns. I will be putting up pics of the new ones soon.

adronl

Post by adronl » Sun May 17, 2009 5:57 pm

I built 5 more guns over my days off. :) Well here is the list including the new ones up for grabs.

I have 2 piston guns a 3" by 4' and a 2" by 5' both have 3/4" output valves and nozzle is 3/8" (Added note) I am working on shoulder strapping for them to be included.

Next there are 4 backpacks they come with military ALICE pack frames, a 3" foam mat between tanks and frame, and all strapping. The sizes are 8" by 22", 8" by 30.5", Dual 6" by 30", and last a 6" by 3'.

Pictures are coming soon I will post pictures of the tanks before final dress out and later finished product. The finished products will resemble the black pack pictured on first page but obviously the configurations will differ.

As for pricing Only the largest of the guns would cost 150.00 due to the high price on parts. I will be posting a more accurate pricing list for each generally the smaller the gun the smaller the price.
Last edited by adronl on Wed May 20, 2009 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

adronl

Prices!

Post by adronl » Mon May 18, 2009 9:34 am

So here you go the price for the 2 inch x 5 foot piston gun is 49.99
The price for the 3 inch x 4 foot piston gun is 78.99

adronl

Post by adronl » Thu May 21, 2009 6:53 pm

NEW REVISION So there are 7 built water guns up for sale but the auctions have not been listed on E-bay yet due to a couple of hold ups.

First the pads for the backpacks have not come in yet. I can't really mount them without the backpacks so that is pretty obvious.

Second today we were going to shoot some video to post on youtube.com. First problem the girl in the white tee shirt fell through. Then video guy had to meet with an animator for a show he is pitching to adult swim. This may sound not so good but we hadn't really made a lot of plans and set them in stone and you can't really complain about free work.

Next Thursday though will be the wet tee shirt day and I believe we already have one extremely hot young lady to do the shoot maybe we can round up a couple more. Also another director I work with is totally interested in doing it and is set for Thursday as well HD camera's ready :D

Through out the week we will be getting footage while at work. Keep your fingers crossed for the girls in white tee shirts!!!!!

adronl

Post by adronl » Sun May 24, 2009 9:46 pm