Homemades For sale

Advertisements on soakers for sale. Sellers post here!
adronl

Re: Homemades For sale

Post by adronl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 pm

So here you go a short video we put together in half and hour. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqkgY25dt2U Be advised that the pressure in the guns was low only like 70 psi I was using a portable pump that sucked. Also yeah that is actually me for once

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:02 pm

For your next video, I'd suggest you shoot them side-by-side with a current stock soaker. Just to show better what the difference is.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

adronl

Post by adronl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:17 pm

Well I don't actually own any standard Super Soaker and don't plan on buying any because I already have something better, also any water gun money I would have is probably going back into the design process or my investors pocket.

So yeah I figured out my design for the new generation of guns to be made last night. I am excited I think the design is going to work great.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 pm

Looks great. I can see a slight kick on your backpack gun which is always good!

You should put a link to your eBay profile in the description... I could nearly guarantee that you'll get some traffic that way.

This reminds me to make some water gun construction videos for Youtube. Supercannon II mk. 2 would be a good start...

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:08 pm

Yep, somebody's already posted a comment on the video asking how to find your store. :cool:

Also, as Ben hinted, putting the web address in the description section of the video – not in the video itself – would help people simply copy and paste it into their browsers.

adronl

Post by adronl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:01 am

Well Just a quick update there is a LPD 2" piston gun for sale on e-bay right now starting price 49.99 it has a .80 gallon shot and is very powerful here is a linkhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0357443935

Last edited by adronl on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:49 pm

A very interesting design. Next thing you might wanna do is instead of a pc, use an LRT chamber for "CPS". You'll gain the added benefit of not having to buy pressure rated PVC for the PC wall.

GL!

Vickers303

Post by Vickers303 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:48 pm

Nice designs, and excellent paint jobs (Applause).

I've been trying to create a marketable APH, since I've already tried to sell water cannons and backpack-based water guns (which didn't go too well). People were scared crapless of the power and didn't want to pay top price, which was sixty dollars for a Supercannon II and forty for a backpack-based soaker. My prototype (see Modular APH) cost about twenty to make, but I already have ideas on making it cheaper. I'm new to actually selling these guns, so if anyone could give advice for selling to a more cautious, less trigger-happy audience, it would be greatly appreciated.

@Teh Moron- Piston based soakers don't really work well with LRT, since extremely high pressures (abut 120 psi up) are preferred to get the most distance per shot, making pressure-rated PVC necessary. Besides, CPS is already reached with using a piston at high pressures. Just saying.
Why isn't there a water gun armored vehicle yet?

Arsenal: Modded Supercannon, Backpack-modified Piston Gun, WBL, Storm 300 Pistol, and a whole slew of defunct soakers in the garage.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:13 am

Vickers, I think you'd skip the piston if you were building a water gun with a rubber bladder.

I've never sold a homemade, but probably some type of toned-down water gun with a nice paintjob would go over well. (You don't want your contraption to look like a pipe bomb. :) ) Also, eBay might be a better choice if you're still looking for buyers.

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:23 am

Heh. I'd sell homemades if I werent worried about potential liability. (Think PC's exploding, parts coming off)

I thought that was a quick fill air pressure cannon, my bad

adronl

Post by adronl » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Yeah it is basically a liability you have to invest your own money or an investor's. So far I am making my money back but have not even broken even. If you want to try and sell homemade guns you have to make something bigger and better than a similar sized gun for cheaper.

If you create a demand your business may pick up but so far this has not happened for me. The first gun I sold the person took 60 hours to pay and didn't leave any feedback. So the sale in no way helped my reputation as doing good business or having a good product.

From what you said you may be onto something but it has to be better, bigger, more powerful, and cheaper. So from what I read about your guns they may not out compete super soaker and the price would be similar and you and myself do not have an established, trusted, brand or product yet.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:19 pm

The big difference is that homemades are not toys. They will not have gone through the same safety checking. Even without malfunction, many homemades would probably fail toy safety rules due to their raw power.

This isn't a show-stopper, but it ought to be made clear when selling. Not being a toy doesn't of itself mean it can't be sold to minors.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

adronl

Post by adronl » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:27 pm

Luckily to have an e-bay account you must be 18 yrs or older

adronl

Post by adronl » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:31 pm

I am offering 2 WaterBaloonLaunchers one is 2" and the other is 3" they are overunder for space saving and for using in warfare :D . I am also selling a 3" piston LPD (as is) the piston leaks but it still functions just fine but you have to drain the water that leaks into the pressure chamber when you are done with the fun. Pictures and dimensions to follow in my edit. Oh yeah I didn't mention Price because they are going for the best offer

adronl

Post by adronl » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:48 pm

3" WBL over-under
2"WBL over-under
3" piston LPD