Possible Sale: CPS2K, CPS2.5K, Monster XL

Advertisements on soakers for sale. Sellers post here!
Exis

Post by Exis » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:14 am

Now I've seen that all three of these (particularly the 2000) have been going for a great deal lately. I've had these guns since they were released, from my wee years (comparatively). In any event, I'd love to know what these could fetch FAIRLY. Please give me some honest estimates--without assuming that they'll be available for purchase here anytime soon. Okay, thanks!

Oh-Condition of Each:

2K: little bit faded, stickers mostly gone. WORKS SPECTACULARLY FOR AGE
2.5K: same as above
Monster XL: better condition, works like new... barrels reassembled after botched mod attempt, still fires excellently

Alright thanks! Also, what would I get on Ebay?

-Coop

DX

Post by DX » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:24 am

Hey! Welcome to the SSC forums! B) The value of those soakers depends on when you sell them. You'll get much more if you sell in late spring-summer vs now or in the winter. There are far less people bidding on water guns around this time of year. You will also get more/less money depending on how well you present them. Your item description and pictures will negatively influence your auction if your auction page is not well organized and if there are grammar/spelling errors. Ir you do have a good auction, I could see the 2000 going for up to $150, 2500 going up to $100, and the XL going up to $70. The XL would be worth more if there wasn't a failed mod. If there aren't many visible marks from that mod it might be worth more. These prices are just my estimate and if you sell in the summer. If you sell in the winter, none of those guns have a good chance of breaking $60.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Exis

Post by Exis » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:27 am

Haha wow I had no idea there was this much strategy involved. Thanks--and no, there aren't any visible marks.

Anyone Else?

-Coop

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:40 am

Check the "Super Soaker Prices" thread which is pinned at the top of this forum.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:11 pm

I'd sell the guns during the summer. There is far more demand for them then, especially on eBay. You may see your CPS 2000 go for as much as $200.

It would be interesting to track high-priced guns at different dates to see what time would be the best to sell. Possibly a study for next year?

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:39 am

Although, you might get some bids on the forum here. then you can easily work out a deal with the highest bidder. It would probably be easier to use ebay though.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:04 am

Originally posted by nibordude@Nov 10 2004, 09:39 PM
Although, you might get some bids on the forum here. then you can easily work out a deal with the highest bidder. It would probably be easier to use ebay though.
[snapback]18878[/snapback]

Right, and, you'll get those people who think that it is the best gun in the whole world, so they'll pay quite a lot of money for it.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Plank

Post by Plank » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:37 pm

Why sell these guns for so much?. You could perhaps lower the price so jobless dudes like me can afford them instead of always selling them to rich kid ebay users.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:19 pm

That makes no sense. I understand that you might want these guns yourself, but the seller is perfectly entitled to want to get as much as he can for them, and if it means "selling to rich kid ebay users", that's what he should do.

If you're that desperate for the power, make a homemade. <_<
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Johnyshotgun

Are the guns for sale?

Post by Johnyshotgun » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:11 am

I they are I'll pay 80$ for the XL and just rewrite a message from the forum. Thank you. Wait about the gun, does it work?
Raid,strike, and kill.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:37 pm

Exis' public profile says he was last active on June 4, 2005. It's usually difficult to contact people in dead threads. If you're interested in the soaker, you could see if Exis has a public email address, or you could take a look at eBay or a recent (perhaps one month old) thread in the Buy/Sell forums.