RP III - Storm Breaker

Post your epic water war tale!
joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:44 pm

Barely sleeping would have been an option - if you'd wanted it. But I'm being picky again...
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:17 am

Nice long section here. I've been writing it for a while.

David had a better plan than the PCgH. He produced Pegasus from the back of the Rover. As he got out, the Tempest Sergeant instructed him to place his weapon on the ground.

"No. I like this weapon."

"Do not be a fool. That is a single shot wbl, and there are 4 of us."

"I can see that", said David, pulling the trigger.

The wbl fired, spewing lots of miniature water balloons out like a shotgun, knocking all the Tempest back - David decided he needed to reposition. Setting the IR camera up as a headset, he revved up the four wheel drive.

Jo had a slight problem. She was in a wooden first floor extension, with twelve heavily modded guns pointed at her, and no weapon to fight back. Josh was fortunately through the last door when the Tempest had appeared, and he had retreated to safer ground.

"Joanna, I believe. How good to finally have the pleasure of seeing you - of course without risk to myself. Your reputation precedes you."

The voice was coming from a large television screen with a camera perched on it. It was showing an image of General Alex, and he was obviously receiving a video feed. It was obviously on a separate fuse box to most of the complex.

"How come these Tempest are fighting for you?"

What Alex hadn't realised was that Jo was scanning the screen in great detail, taking in every detail in the background, for a clue to his location.

"These Tempest are employed by me personally, for a far greater amount than your alliance offers. Dispose of her in some fit manner."

If you have ever seen the film Equilibrium (one of my favourites, so I have to get it in somewhere), then you might have some idea how the next sequence looked.

Two of the Tempest closed carrying Flash Floods.

"Get on your knees!"

Jo reached out with incredible speed, seizing each Flash flood, and dragging it out of the grasp of the Tempest involved, spinning them into the air. As they span, Jo turned, and grabbed each one, bringing them down to point into the faces of each of the disarmed Tempest.

"Oh …!!!"

Jo pulled the triggers. The two Tempest dropped to the floor.

Coming to a kneel, Jo swung the left Flash flood over her shoulder, and the right one out sideways, hitting both targets at the same instant. In rapid and precise succession, she brought the Flash floods against every Tempest in the room, whirling them so that every Tempest was hit several times. She span out of her kneel, bringing both weapons to bear in the same direction. The Tempest arrayed around the room collapsed.

Both Flash floods were pointing at the TV with Alex's face on it. He looked stunned for a second - this unarmed female had just dropped 12 of his crack troops in around 5 seconds, without a single drop being fired back. Then everything came back as he wanted it to appear - a snarl settled on his face.

"Very impressive. I see that your reputation needs amending."

"Very kind of you."

"Indeed. However, perhaps not in the way you hoped."

He pressed a button. Jo span around, to see the door behind her slammed shut by pneumatic rams.

"I wouldn't bother trying to break through any of the walls. You might manage it in about an hour, but…"

He pressed another button, and a small red light under the table that the TV stand was in came on.

Jo ran over to the light, and saw it as a timer, counting back from 60 seconds. A bomb. She quickly moved over to her bag of assorted stuff, and pulled out Cerberus. She could get through a wall in about 10 seconds with any luck. However, luck was running a little short. She looked at the pressure gauge. She was all out of air to get through the wall, and she swore.

"Running a little short on air are we? Oh dear.", was the TV's sarcastic response.

Jo could suddenly hear an engine, approaching very fast. It was obviously getting much nearer.

David and Josh were in the Land Rover, and David slammed the car up a gear. Wearing the Infrared headset, he could see Jo's heat through the wooden walls. He brought the car around to plough through several wooden supporting columns.

Jo was stepping across the room, and….

With a horrific splintering, the floor lurched to Jo's right, and collapsed under it's own weight. She had little choice but to fall with it. A huge cloud of splinters were flying through the air, and she shielded her eyes. With a nasty crunch, she stopped falling rather earlier than she expected to.

David twisted his head, and the red IR silhouette of Jo was visible through the metal roof. She was clearly still alive.

David had already made some conclusions. Jo had not left the room, so there was something preventing her leaving. And that meant that someone wanted her there - Which meant that David didn't want to be there.

He kept his foot down. About 20 seconds later, a massive blast showed his logic wise.
Jo was climbing in through a side window:

"Wonderful driving. Just wonderful. You turn up and look what happens.", she paused:

"We need to get back to base. This mission is unsafe."
Last edited by joannaardway on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Lightbulb41

whoo hoo I'm back!!

Post by Lightbulb41 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:51 am

Josh spoke up he had been following Jo and David for a while while he was alone. He looked up at both of them and said. I'm staying here. I wan't to find out who the hell this Alex is so I can punch him in the face for killing my whole team. He continued

I am not going to sit here and run away cause you think it is to dangerous to do so. Remember who flew into the armory who found the air base... I'm ready to fight we can take a quick break but we need to finish what we started or all the soilders that fought here today will die in vain.
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:49 am

DX, for once, was wrong. There had been no landing craft behind the air cover. However, the air raid had done severe damage. Surveying the damage had taken all morning, organizing repairs took the afternoon. Despite the distractions, the evening was certainly NOT wasted. For DX was planning something. "General Alex seemed unusually strong compared to the Tempests of past wars. He must have some weakness."

So DX visited the ex-Tempest officer Dave, who was still recovering from the injury during the taking of the command post. And Dave had some rather interesting information, rather interesting...

"Alex typically spreads himself thin in order to bring overwhelming force where it is needed at the moment. His island's coast is probably sparsely guarded. We could very easily infiltrate the island and get close to his compound. This compound is heavily guarded, however, Alex could be sniped as he leaves or enters."

"And what if the sniper were to miss?"

"The whole party would probably be toast."

"I think it's worth a shot, however, we'll need to plan everything carefully, down to the last detail."

"I know the safest routes in, and an ideal place to set up for the attack. This has to be done with a water balloon launcher, as the spot is 300 ft away from the main entrance."

"Fair enough, now who's going to actually take the shot?"

Dave considered for a moment. "I'll do it, since I know that spot very well. It is technically my fault that Alex gained power in the first place, but that story is for another time, I need more rest."

"Done, I'll pick a small squad to accompany us, and order a boat. Let's shoot for a landing next week. You'll be fully recovered by then."

With that, DX left the hospital and returned to Central Command. Upon entering the room, DX realized that it was packed with officers, all shouting about something urgent.

"DX! The Tempests have made a surprise landing on the west side of the island! We can't stop their advance!"

"No way, that can't be possible!"

"See for yourself!"
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:58 am

Jo sent Josh off, saying that any more discs would be useful, but not to risk anything for it.

As Josh had left a new radio signal came in.

There was an issue on the west of the Island - Tempest had landed.

Jo swore - she had been counting on a few more days.

"Jo, should we head off there?"

Jo shook her head:

"We would be drops in an ocean. We need to get to base"

After some of the fastest and most manic driving that the island had seen, Team 7 returned to the base, the Land rover churning up mud as it slid to a halt.

Recovering her basic weapons, Jo ran off to find Duxburian.

Aside from her information she had questions, and no answers to go with them.

Charging into Central command, Jo found Duxburian:

"How did this happen?...."

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:12 pm

Josh walked away from his team. The cowards didn't think they could do it. He walked away about 20 yards to the entrance. He whipped around to watch his team suddently drive away. Josh thought in head "They were doing that all along... waiting for me to be alone and they would run away... I'll show them." He picked up his CPS 3000 and pounded through the door. 2 Tempests were pointing to barrels at him. He screamed and pointed at the door behind him. The idiots turned. He shot them both in the backs. He entered the south hall and knocked out security cameras along the way. As he made his way to the computer room He found a new rack hidden behind the door. He popped open the access terminal and downloaded everything to one unit. It contained data on the West Island Invaision. He looked at the date and time. Exactly when Jo and David left.

Josh quickly moved the data. He pulled 1 unit of the Server the acess terminal and put a couple of tap shots into the rest of the server. He then ran back to the entrance. He activated the homing beacon on his only mode of transportation left... The helicopter that was taken when he first joined with Jo. As he waited he reloaded his Backpack with a full tank just incase somthing happend.

When the helicopter landed he set straight for the base. Flying as the crow flies was much faster than David's crazy driving...

Josh approached the main camp. He saw smoke... That isn't a good sign. He lowered his altitude as he approached command central. He landed 15 feet from the Building. He grabbed the Server along with all the cables and burst into the room He saw Jo talking to DX.

Josh Looked around and saw that no-one knew what was going on. Josh came to the front of the room. And said "Everybody sit down and shut up. I found somthing that might explain what has happend." Josh hooked up the server to a projector and loaded the file on the assult of the island.

Aproximatly 2 hours ago the Tempest landed in I5 (look at the origianl map of the island). Their inital battle plans were to head straight for us in leighton (abandoned town now base) Apparently their data on how to travel this island with so many troops along the paths is slowing them down. Based on my calculations we have about 6 hours to prepare this place for attack. I do not have any information on how our border troops did but this is what I know. Is there anything anybody can add for the group here? Josh waited for an answer...

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:31 pm

Duxburian had largely outlined the points that Jo needed to know. Jo came to a decision:

"If you don't want me on the sniping team, then they can take Cerberus. It's probably the best sniping wbl available to our forces, and should just allow a second shot.

Your shooter will need to practise, the extra power throws most people."

David burst in through the door:

"I've been watching Josh's briefing. He says that we only have a few hours until the Tempest hit this location.

However, I think that the commander of the attack could be found and eliminated. If we are permitted, I was considering the possibility that Jo and I could insert back there."

The request was granted, but reluctantly.

"Jo, we can't take anything that whacked out weapon-wise, because it will be noticed - I intend to use Tempest uniforms for this."

Jo smiled: "I might just have an idea for what to take."

David was talking: "Josh seems to have been seriously affected by Kayla's death - he's getting reckless, and suspicious... You've got to be kidding! That falls into the whacked out category."

Jo was hefting a pair of Monster XLs from a rack in the armoury. She passed one over to her twin, and started to inspect hers.

"Colossus, Nozzle modifications, 3200 Backpack mod, and for kicks, auto pumps stolen from a WW Scorpion, but with a Ni-MH battery pack instead - not that I intend to need the electrical trickery, but it's a good reserve tool.

These are some of the best soakers in the armoury, and they were only created 3 days ago on my request, just in case of a total emergency like this. Their primary purpose was to defend the compound from assault, but I reckon that they can be used now. The rest can stay to help fortify the base."

"Were we planning on being subtle?"

"If I'm going in, I intend to get out again. And if I only get one soaker, this is it.", Jo said.

Within an hour, the twins were on the front line, hiding inside a damaged shop. A few minutes later, a pair of Tempest entered the shop, searching for militia. Jo wasn't quite fast enough to dodge them, receiving a riot blast square in the chest. She was picked up and slammed against the far wall.

Then both Tempest were unconscious, David smashing the Monster XL into the back of both of the Tempest. He quickly ran over to Jo, who surprisingly was groaning.

"Ow. That wasn't comfortable."

"How the hell did you survive that?"

"I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of eliminating me. I elected for body armour for this one, given the risk factor."

"Good for you - I made the same decision. Now, can we relieve these gentlemen of their uniforms?"

In true movie style, the uniforms fitted fairly well. Binding both of the Tempest, they stepped out into the flowing horde.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:43 pm

Josh finished up the breifing. There wasn't much good news from the other commanders. Josh proposed an extreme defense with the most powerfull guns availiable. He sugested going back to older devices when mobility was not needed. Firepower was essential. Josh looked out at the rest of the base. He saw people scrambling to set up defense. Josh thought this may be the last time I fight...

He walked back to his old apartment where he used to stay when he had Kayla... He picked up a picture of the whole team. The Alpha in the center his old team leader. Kayla was right by his side. Josh was in the corner of the picture. He picked up the picture and put it in he backpack. He went down to his garage, started rummaging through his projects. Then suddenly he stopped. He looked at his work bench all the memories of the railgun project coming back to him. He picked up the Monster and with a big black sharpie wrote REVENGE on the rails. He picked up his arc welder and took the rail to his helicopter. He thought

"If I'm going down in this fight I'm going out with a bang..." He welded the Railgun onto the Helicopter. He loaded an old Blitzkreig shell into the gun and test fired it. He wiped out the abandoned building across the street. Loading the Shells into helicopter he paused for a second to post his team picture on his dashboard. He Pulled some sheet metal from the garage and mounted it on the helicopter to serve as a light armor... What he now had was a Fast Attack helicopter. It was able to move and to massive damage. Josh also mounted 2 small auto loading compressed air water balloon launchers. This copter was not to be messed with when Josh was done with it.

Josh looked around seeing that no one was needing him. He took off in his modded helicopter and flew straight for the front lines... He knew it was probably a suicide mission but maybe he could stop the attack before it got to the base...

DX

Post by DX » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:39 pm

DX disagreed with using massive firepower to defend the command center, or even sacrificing lives to save it. Making a last stand here was a bad way to go. However, he made no attempt to stop Josh from flying what appeared to be a suicide mission. There was no point, as there was someone like that in every war. Besides, DX had other plans. There was an enemy far more dangerous than the Tempests, but the Tempests would have to go first...

DX left with some officers to get Dave from the hospital, as without their guide, infiltrating the Tempest stronghold would be foolish. Dave could walk, but not very fast. It didn't matter, as DX had a plan of escape from the island. Before the group slipped into the forest, DX radioed back to the base about a hidden passageway that could be used to slip away if the command center were to become surrounded and overwhelmed.

Leading the small party down a barely noticable trail, Douchenator in hand, thoughts about those at the command center faded before the giant undertakings of the future. The assassination of Alex, the fall of the Tempest, the rise of the smart enemy, the great battle on the fields of Essex, and other things he'd seen only in his dreams...
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

CAPTAIN Nate

@lightbulb41

Post by CAPTAIN Nate » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:52 pm

:p @lightbulb41 that helicopter idea was/is awesome!!!!!!!!!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:58 pm

The twins stepped into the flow of Tempest and suddenly saw how large their task was.

"This isn't going to work."

"That - is rather more than evident."

"Well, we've got to try"

Jo nodded in reponse to this, and they set off towards the where the command post was believed to be.

They found the vehicles that made up the command post, but regretably it appeared that the commander was in the radio vehicle, and they hadn't got the firepower to break through.

Setting off for the vehicle pool in the hope that there was something with enough firepower, Jo checked the fill gauge on the Monster XL - it was high enough, and then reached into the pocket of the borrowed uniform, searching for documents.

Finding them, she swore - She'd never pass for the guy listed. So she slugged the guards at the pool, and made a quick decision of vehicle.

She favoured the 2 person hovercraft that was there, simply because she figured it would be most useful for an escape. As she struggled with the controls, David came running around the corner.

"Get going!"

Jo wasn't going to hesistate to ask questions, and set off as quickly as possible after David was in.

To be continued...

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:28 am

Some people thought Josh crazy others thought suicidal... Josh thought if He goes down like his team it won't be too bad... Josh thought to himself... If I'm going to do any damage I better follow Jo and raze the place after they get out. He called into the radio

"Jo Do you read me? Do you require any help? Once you are done where you are would you like me to raze the place from above? And finally where the heck are you?

Little did Josh know that Jo was on a stealth mission. He flew another 100 feet and suddently came under fire. He dodged the shots aiming for him. He spun around and fired a couple shots from the compressed air cannons. It would be a bad idea to waste precious ammo from the railgun on grunts. He paused for a second...

"Oh, Snap!" is all he said. He saw 100's of tanks with guns like the Firetruck all moving towards the base. It would be suicide to take them out alone. So Josh accellerated as fast as he could to get away... Better to chose his battles than die.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:59 am

Just about keeping control, Jo shouted above the engine:

"What did you do?"

"Nothing. But the commander's on the move in a Jeep."

Jo swore - she could catch them in a car, but she'd only ever used a couple of small hovercrafts a long time ago.

However, she was damned if she wasn't going to try.

David replied with more swearing. Jo turned to look behind her, and saw several 4x4s starting up to follow her.

She opened the throttle a little more. She'd open it more later - if she got the hang of the driving, or got an open stretch.

Swerving to follow the Jeep, Jo aimed for the gap in the woods the commander had taken.

The trees rushed to meet the hovercraft, and the trailing 4x4s did the same.

Importantly, the rough ground of the woods was an unseen advantage. The hovercraft just swum over them, but their target and pursers had to take the full brunt of every dip and rise.

David reached down to pick up the wbl that was in the hovercraft - obviously for the crew's use. When Jo next cornered, he fired it towards the closest following Jeep.

It wasn't a direct hit, but it took off most of the back left corner, and mostly took out the corresponding suspension. It wasn't out of the race yet, but it would be a lot slower.

Another Jeep moved up to take point as Jo found the straight route she'd been hoping for. Bringing the throttle full open, the Hovercraft started to catch up with the Commander.

"Right, we need to get him down now."

"Got you. Now - good job I brought this."

Jo turned to see David lighting a fuse on some sort of cylinder.

"What the hell is that?"

"Water tube charge. It's also in a magnetised casing, so it'll stick to their bodywork."

He loaded it into the wbl, and fired it straight at their quarry. The cylinder lodged in the lower regions of the chassis.

"w00t! It's on a 60 second fuse, so it should go off in about 45. Keep on their tail though."

The Jeep swerved, beliving that the next shot was any second.

There was a sudden crash as someone in the following Jeeps had brought a Douchenator to bear, but fortunately had missed. David was lighting another fuse on another charge.

"Just a second."

He hurled this one over the rear fan housing, and the casing stuck to the radiator grill on the offending 4x4, then looked at his watch - and spun to see their quarry explode in what looked like a mini-tsunami.

"Good. Here's hoping it wasn't a decoy."

Jo decided that it was time to get out of here, and mentally called up the map of the Island. She made a quick turn, and headed off down a side route.

powersurge919

Aftermath

Post by powersurge919 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:42 am

3 MONTHS AGO...

Team 9 discovered a cave that they thought was crawling with tempest. little did they know it was a trap. The Entrance suddenly collapsed!

PRESENT DAY...

"I am hungry" Whined Peewee.
"Shut up and keep digging!" yelled Thud.

2 DAYS AFTER Team 9 got free

Just finding out that this Battle had ended Thud *Squeel'd* with delite and yelled "LETS FLY TO THE BAHAMAS Team! the fight has ended."
Team 9's helecopter flew off into the sunset...

The teams all knew that the Tempest's Main Headquarters was still hidden somewere on Earth. This battle had ended like the others before it. But the war has just begun...

Well i was on vacation and thought it best to post what happend to team 9.
Last edited by powersurge919 on Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
{ARMOURY:}
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:28 pm

hey i'm back. if you guys are up for it, im thinking of a new idea for silentguy and I's part. let me know if its over or not.
"It's either you pass and live, or fail and die."
-Deric