RP III - Storm Breaker

Post your epic water war tale!
Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:29 am

Josh collapsed his pilots chair. He had had a rough day being shot at and having to use a secret weapon. Having to fix his helicopter twice due to war. He instantly fell asleap in the pilots chair. He didn't want to move at all. He knew he should be getting ready to take out the the Air field but He couldn't do it anymore He had to Sleep for a couple hours.
Last edited by Lightbulb41 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:32 am

is this segment ur last post??? and i just wanted to get along with it. i finished my team. it is the biggest one here. like the Viper(originally called the CPS 9000)
"It's either you pass and live, or fail and die."
-Deric

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:15 pm

EDIT: I see you've really bulked up on your team's stats...but you might want to decrease the Viper's range and definitely increase its capacity. If it's a backpack soaker, then its reservoir should have 7.5L (ten times what you suggested), and its pressure chamber should easily hold two or three times your suggestion.[END EDIT]

Fine, fine, I'll post...but I am sorry. This is the second time you've asked...

I'm reserving this post for when I finish my segment, which should be done today. I'll redo the map and see how good it is.

EDIT starting at 9:16: I did a new map, so here goes...

SilentGuy pulled out the map as they approached the Tempest encampment along the highway. He started, "There appear to be only two direct routes from the highway to the Tempest camp--a two-lane, one-way off-ramp, and a two-way road. To speed things up, we'll take the off-ramp, drop off our hit squad, and then we'll exit from the main road. It's a powerful setup they've got over there, so we'll need to watch out and move quickly. There's an excellent chance that the Tempests have Douchenators and all sorts of other powerful weapons, since this camp even managed to dispatch a troop with sniper and standard homemade soakers to Jordan's house.

"I had marked several alternate attack routes, but it appears as if we'll only be using two or three of them--not counting Chris and the gunner, we'll only have six operatives, and I want groups of two or three. You can see the circle I marked that designates the approximate location of Luke, according to the GPS feature of his satellite phone. We must flank this location, so appropriately, there will be several attack squads. The first one will follow the route I marked that travels inside the forest and then go into the circle; forget about the extended forest route, as we probably won't have time for it. That group will have possesion of my CPS sniper rifle, because they'll probably be sitting in the forest for a while before the other teams are in place.

"The second squad will be dropped off somewhere near the intersection, and unlike the first group, they should start moving immediately. Chances are that they won't be in place for a while, as FireTruck will move slowly to the second dropoff, causing as much destruction as possible. Once the second team is off and the charges have begun, FireTruck, which will be past the densest part of the encampment, will hightail it to the third dropoff point and drive to the circle itself if necessary and preferable. The final group and (hopefully) Luke will provide backup while, if necessary, the other groups carry the unconscious to FireTruck. Once everybody's back in the pickup, we'll head out as quickly as possible." SilentGuy paused, and then finished, "Any questions?"

Colin responded, "Uh, yeah...who gets to man FireHose?"

SilentGuy answered, "Well, you can do that if you want to. Remember to constantly keep Chris updated, and obey him no matter what he says. More importantly, however, is who goes on each team: I will lead the first party, and it doesn't matter which member comes with me, as long as he can cover my back as I search for Luke. Group 2 will include any three fighters--I still don't know everybody--and Dell, you will be the third team yourself. Don't worry, since Colin will be on the road right behind you while manning FireHose, so you've got a ton of support. I will lead the attack, sniping until the second attack squad is in place--and we all charge when I do." SilentGuy paused for a moment. "Do we need to go over some tactics, are you guys all fine on that? Just remember to keep moving, keep the soakers' pressures up, and make every shot count. Only a few people will actually enter the circle, as the rest should stay on the edge and raze any Tempests you see. However, you must remember to watch your back, as we will all be slightly exposed."

SilentGuy stopped and crouched under the lip of the truck bed as Chris turned onto the off-ramp. He checked his pressure, and everybody else did the same; and then he slung his sniping CPH over his back, carrying the nonlinear PCgH. The first squad would be travelling light, so carrying HPCs, an SC sidearm, or even his compact APH would be pointless. Chris pulled over onto the shoulder of the road, letting SilentGuy and Derek off. The duo crossed the road and entered the forest, disappearing from sight.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:35 pm

Jo returned a statement:

"What if the aircraft are coming over the sea? We did a full aerial photo layout - None of intelligence reported it."

David countered: "We don't know that intelligence are loyal. One or two of them may be on the Tempest payroll - that's all it would take"

"Fine - I'll take the turned Tempest. However, I don't like the idea of being so heavily outnumbered by them"

(Where did 4 people come from? - I have recollection of only me and David in this group)

In 5 minutes, every one of the Ex-tempest had gathered.

Loading into off-road vehicles, they set off.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:53 pm

"okay, brendan, brian, and henry, get off and go to your position." Andrew got out at the end."Colin, you got my back?" "of course," he replied. I jumped out of the truck and prepared to shoot.
-Deric

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:01 pm

Josh jerked awake. He had had a terrible nightmare. He had shot down all of his former team and didn't know it. He shook his head clearing that thought out of his mind. He looked out of the cockpit. He saw off road vechiles moving out of the base. He figured they were going out for the air base that he had found out about. He figured that he should go and give support to the advaning troops. He started to power up the ship. He first turned the main pannel on and started to warm the Navigation computer and the Targeting computer. He went back to the guns and reloaded 2 magazines with shells. He loaded them in the Blitzkreigs and went to the cockpit to prepare for takeoff. As he was warming up the engines, He heard the *ding* that told him that he had a new email. He pulled the laptop out of it's bag by the Navigation computer. He opened up the email. The email was from *her* It read...

"Dear Josh,
Where are you? When we got shot down you dissipeared. Did you survive the attack? Well any way, When we crashed we were picked up by this group called "Tempest" They seemed very friendly and told us that they would take our helicopters and repair them if we joined them. We all accepted. Unfortuneatly Spark's was buried to deep in the ground so they couldn't get it out of the ground so we left it there. Recently we saw it that someone pulled it out of the ground. That's when we found out you were alive. An officer told us that they found a plaque with your name on it. We all knew that you were somewhere out there. Once our Helicopter's were fixed we were told that there was someone out there destroying the troops with a helicopter not like ours. It had 2 roters and was painted black. They sent us in along with some small aircraft. We all were decimated by this machine. All of the helicopters are destroyed. If only you came back and helped the Tempest build new ones. The ones they are working on are not as good as our old ones. If you want to show up here's a map. We are in the Research constantly. We Eat sleep and live in there. The Tempest want to know everything about You. They say that they will pay big $$ if you join us. They want to destroy our enemy. The invading force meant to displace the Tempest on this Island. Let us know if you are coming. We can have a big party when you show up.Image

From,
Kayla

PS. If you hear anything about the Dual roter helicopter let us know quickly"

Josh was shocked His own team had joined the enemy. He had to save them. He quickly relayed the map to Joanna and to the leaving off road vechiles. He told the troops not to enter the labs. He sent a reply to Kayla saying

"Dear Kayla,
Stay where you are. I'm coming as fast as I can. Even if you hear shooting outside just stay where you are. I can't say much except that I'm the one with the Dual roters. I will tell you more once I get there. REMEMBER STAY IN THE LAB MAKE SURE THE WHOLE TEAM DOES ALSO!

Josh"

He sent the message. He quickly lifted off and sped for the Base He hoped to land and warn them before the avance parties took them out. He accelerated to max speed and flew straight for the Base.

Yeah I finally revealed her name... I will go towards the base and raid the labs...

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:29 pm

just so you know, i will be gone from june 25 to August 13
-Deric

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:40 pm

Jo picked up the message on the PDA she'd lifted from the stores.

"Damn it. A group has joined the Tempest."

"How exactly? What happened?" was David's surprised reply.

"It seems that a group joined us on to the island, but after being shot down... the Tempest met with them and offered them a 'sweet deal' to use a phrase. However, the group had no idea that Josh..."

"Who exactly would Josh be?"

"Their team leader I believe. It's mostly radio transmissions at the moment, but I've been in contact... that Josh was working with us, so they've sent him a map and lots of information goodies - which we can now use, assuming he's trustworthy."

David turned the Land rover to avoid a deep pit. Bringing the steering round, he reached for the radio.

"Can't hurt to follow it up. We'll head off - we've got enough troops."

Pressing the talk button he said: "Ok, teams, we have a new destination... Follow me"
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:49 am

Josh called Joanna on the radio.
"Joanna please do not order your troops into the Labs. I have my old team there and unless I come in there first, they will be hostile. There is a way to bring them back but I need you to listen to me. Follow my lead, Joanna take the dirt road. I'll take out the guard towers and the main gate then I'll land as you pull in. You storm the rest of the base and I will go into the labs. Please Joanna it is my old team. I need you to help. Give me the go signal when you are in position."

Josh pulled up a tactical view of the base. He was going to take out the guard towers and the main gate. His best shot was to attack the towers from the west and work his way to the gate. He remembered, His shots couldn't hit the Labs where hopefully his team was hiding. He set the auto pilot for the course which would take about 20-30 minutes and he sat back. He looked down at his uniform, tattered, Dirty, and a mess. He looked at his rank. Senior Engineer that what he was, Not the commander not the special ops, Just a techie. Suddently he shuddered at not being able to get his team safe, Even if it meant losing his whole team, He would have to save Kayla. She was the only one that he really cared about on the team. He would save her. If not... He would be extremely upset. He circled around the base and waited for the "Go" signal from Joanna.

EDIT: I can't seem to get the bold to work...

Heres what I was going to say....

I'm leaving tomarrow and I won't be able to post for a week. You can kill my whole team off except Kayla... That's the one person I want alive... Good luck taking the base.
Last edited by DX on Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Select the text you want, then click the bold button

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:41 am

I've got loads of Ex-Tempest to kill off, your team can remain fairly intact.

Taking the radio from David, Jo gave a rough outline to her "team".

Continuing she said: "I need a group on the main lab door. Anyone enters, stop them. Anyone exits, detain them. There is one exception to this. If you are confronted by a person using the term 'I left my wallet in there' or 'Found my wallet', allow them access."

Switching channels: "Josh - We're approaching. We cannot take the dirt road, it's too clear and we can't defend effectively while in the vehicles. We're coming in through the woodland along side it.

When you need to enter, tell my group defending the door 'I left my wallet in there'. If coming out, 'Found my wallet'"

The reply came back: "Fair enough. I suppose they're there to keep the Tempest off my back?"

"Yeah. I estimate 5 to 10 minutes to arrive within assualt distance. I'll give the Go signal about 5 minutes after that, and we'll storm up the track. I need to brief the teams fully."

David made the next broadcast: "Josh - This is Jo's twin. We're in postion, and Jo is getting everything sorted. Hang on for the signal."

Finishing with a team that wasn't sure where they were due to attack, Jo headed back to David. She gave a thumbs up.

"Ok, we were quicker than expected. We need 60 seconds to charge the Pegasus, and then we're heading in. If you're near enough, you'll know when we've begun."

Plugging the compressor in, Jo waited for a few seconds for the chamber to hit 120 psi - they needed a lot of power. Dropping a sabot and balloon down the launcher, she opened the window and shouldered the launcher.

With a roar, the Land rover ground a cloud of earth up, and bounced into the road.

"Firing in 3... 2... 1..."

With a massive release of air, the Pegasus launcher sent the balloon hurtling towards the main gates at 200 mph. With a wrenching noise, the gates were ripped open.

Hearing the shot, Josh started to move.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:27 pm

For that matter - who is on your team?

*long segment alert*

Josh slipped around the officer's barracks. He had entered on the far side of the camp - the distraction at the main gate meant this was easier.

Jo did a rapid count as the Tempest in the base charged them. 103. Not good news. That was over three times her force - She had expected half that...

A Douchenator shot took out the hose nest in the gate tower, so that wasn't a problem any more. Her eyes returned to search the line charging them - this time picking out the officers.

Hand signals weren't necessary now - Jo issued a command to David in the only way the Tempest wouldn't know what she meant - she chose their language. (Incidentally, it has no irregular verbs)

(Translated): "David - Take a section of troops and approach behind their line. Your targets are the officers. Try and make it look like a retreat"

David picked up on this, and gestured to Section 1 (They had organised the troops into a platoon formation) to follow.

Josh reached the Labs. A quick glance at the troop standing there told him that he probably didn't need the password - his allies were too tied up to reach here. Getting out his water balloon slingshot, he knocked out the main door, getting the guard with "splash" damage.

He moved in

The flanking force had arrived in postion. In a flash of genius, David used his troops uniform as a disguise and they mingled with the back of the Tempest line. The 9 of them spread out - David drew his SS30 and levelled the Captain with a shot to the back of the neck - Another troop did it with his 2250.

Quickly the officers had been eliminated - however, the remaining troops realised that these were not friendly re-enforcements.

Not quick enough however. Jo dual wielded both her PCgH and CPS 27K - both set to riot blast - Drenching their entire line.

Jo looked around. There were wounded and dead amongst her own line.

These amounted for maybe half her force. There were 10 dead, and 6 wounded. The 6 wounded would need care - that was 6 troops she had to assign to that. She was down 22 troops from 32. It was her, David and the section he had taken around their line.

Quickly, Jo issued the wounded with carers.

Josh had tried three doors - and they were all not the right one. These brick walls were hiding his team.

He tried another:

"Kayla!"

However, his delight was quickly quashed - there were Tempest in there, and this was clearly a trap.

"Oh - right. You've caught me. How clever, using my team as bait."

The tempest smiled: "I'll be getting a promotion for this"

A muffled sound came from outside the building. It was a deep throaty roar - like a truck engine.

And that was precisely what it was.

With a loud crunch and bricks flying everywhere, a four ton military truck was reversed through the wall, tail gate down. Before the bricks had reached the ground, the stunned Tempest were dropped by shots coming out of the dust.

"Get in!"

Josh and his team were loaded on board in seconds. The engine was thrown into gear and the truck lurched off.

Josh turned around to see Jo for the first time. Sitting in the driver's seat, she slammed the horn, and her remaining forces loaded themselves back into their vehicles, reversing out of the main gate.

"David, did we get the Computer harddrives for analysis?"

"Yes, that is affirmative."

The convoy set off, with Josh in the back to explain this to his team.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:44 pm

Josh in the vechicle started explaining to his team. He noticed that most of his team was gone. He started out by sayig that they were treicked into beliving the Tempest was good. They had shot them down. They used them in order to get Josh to join the Tempest. Thankfully Josh haddn't been shot down. That was the monkey wrench in the Tempest's plan. As Joanna was driving Josh's team out of the base Josh yelled at Joanna.

"Stop here let me and my team out!"

Josh jumped out with his team and ran to his helicopter. He opened the door and let his team get in. He covered fire with his CPS 3000 Taking out any unlucky Tempest that thought they could take him on. He ran into the helicopter and started the engine. Kayla took the Co-pilot seat. She was the only one that wasn't hurt. As Josh was prepping for Take-off he asked Kayla.

"Where's the rest of the team?"

"Dead they used me as bait all that is left is Me and Spark. He's injured they were torturing him for information. We had none so they took us out one by one..."

Josh was taken aback. He was the Tempest prize and his team suffered cause of him. He finished pre-takeoff and called into the radio towards Joanna.

"Get the hell out of here! I have my team and more tempest are coming this way. You won't get out unless you go now."

Josh took off in a vertical climb. He passed over the Airfield and bombed the Control tower and the runway. It would be some time before the Tempest were able to use it again.

I'm back to day... I'll be back in a week again.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:01 pm

Jo revved up the engine.

"Josh, you're going to have to go a different way to me - I can't have you over me - they'll naturally assume you're above me."

"Ok, I'm moving off then"

Jo got back on the radio.

"David - I have to ditch this truck. Can you get the Landy next to me?"

She knew he could. It wasn't hard for him.

In finding a large weight at hand, she put her hand on an explosive charge. Smiling, she set it for 3 minutes. Putting the bomb to jam the throttle open, she climbed over the passenger seat, opened the Land Rover's door and climbed out into it's passenger seat.

Note: This is a left hand drive truck, but a right hand drive Land Rover.

David veered off into the forest, and the four-tonner carried on as it was. It quickly piled straight into a tree. Now, this isn't a movie - so it didn't explode - until the Tempest were investigating it.

The flames reached high into the setting sun.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:59 am

Josh saw the explosion from the air. As soon as he saw it he yelled into the radio.

"What the Hell is going on down there?"

Josh flew over the outer wall and flew across the forrested area. He set the helicopter in autopilot and walked back to the area which Spark was. He checked his pulse...

Spark was dead... He felt his forehead and it was cold. Josh slowly walked back to the cockpit He was too slow his team was almost completely eliminated. All Josh had was Kayla. She wasn't armed anymore Tempest before they turned on her had taken her weapons. Josh pulled out a small Homemade gun that he had been working on. It was more of a sniper like weapon with a small High Pressure PC It had a range of about 50 feet and a 32 ounce water tank. He gives her the gun and tells her not to let this one go. As he worked his way back through the forest Josh told Kayla that Spark was dead. None of the rest of the team was alive. Josh landed back at the base and comforted Kayla. She was upset that There wasn't anybody left on the team. All of her friends were mainly gone. Josh held Kayla in his arms leting her know that he was there for her. The only thing he asked of her is to help him avenge the teams deaths together. She agreed in between sobs. Josh helped her into a room in a local house. He originally used that house for his but. That night he slept on a couch. He didn't care now. He was mad that the rest of the team was dead but happy that Kayla was alive.

Name: Kayla
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 110
Appearance/Clothing: Tall thin, pale, Jeans, t-shirt
Physical characteristics: Athletic, dark hair, dark eyes
Personality/mental characteristics: assertive, sensitive, caring, good talker, intelligent
Skills/Strengths: long distance running, Friendly, outgoing
Weaknesses: Sensitive to her team mates death's
Main weapon: Home made sniper with a 3x barrel
Backup weapon:
Last resort weapon:
Other gear: basic clothes, cell phone
Has access to: large social network
History/Alliances: Originally part of Josh's team but then tricked by tempest now on Josh's team
General Information: extremely sensitive to talking about her other dead teamates
Team: On her own with josh
Vehicles: whatever josh has

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:37 am

After a disturbed night's sleep, David woke in the morning. Jo was sitting on the roof of the Land Rover as a lookout. She climbed down.

"David, step one is to get any data we can off those hard drives."

Taking a few seconds to wake himself David then replied:

"I can get that sorted easy. After that, I'll use the codes on those discs, and I'll attempt to plant that virus I wrote."

"Oh dear."

This virus was a nasty piece of work. It encrypted the data on the drives, added a handful of junk files, then bounced the files between computers on a network. It even did this with the operating system.

David could reverse the process if needed - but it was hard even for him.

David started the engine and drove off towards civilisation.