RP III - Storm Breaker

Post your epic water war tale!
Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:23 pm

Leanry Lynn Jr, this is my second warning...in other words, stop spamming the forums.

EDIT: I'll submit a segment when I have time...

EDIT again: This post was in response to spam that has already been deleted.
Last edited by Silence on Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

powersurge919

tempest + hindenberg = trouble...

Post by powersurge919 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:38 am

thud you better get over here and see this".
" WHAT WHAT is it holy mother of god." a derigable flew slowly in the distance. " look there at the tail, Tempest's logo."
"[Oh god], those are huge cannons too!"
"we should inform jo..."

LATER...

"This is thud leader of T9, do you read?"
"Jo here, what do you need?"
"we're going to fax you pictures of the tempest's new weapon"
"Sweet merciful crap! Thank you thud, I'll forward this to the other teams"
"end transmision..."

HEEHEE geuss who was chosen to fly the blimp...
its been a while since i posted because a friggen family reunion, on the bright side me and hundreds of my cousins all had a HUGE water fight.WOOTWOOOOOT!!

Joannaardway: Edited for bad language. Do not try and get round the word filters like that, the mods will just catch it.
Last edited by joannaardway on Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bad Language.
{ARMOURY:}
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

powersurge919

Off-topic/mini chapter

Post by powersurge919 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:55 am

Oh my god today i found an old broken down cps 2000 in the middle of the desert. its pretty damaged but still fixable. and My (real life) soaker team is the best in vegas good guns good tactics and boot camp every other day for new members currently we have 23 active members and 4 in training.eh we change our name alot but its currently "Team ARIELL". our age level is from ages 12-17.

Maverick took off from the coast in his blackhawk. fuel might be a problem when i get to the way-point. he said over the radio as the helecopter thundered through the sky. "how you doing back there?"
Ahk, A little queezey." replied LEO."I geuss you've never riden in a helecopter before?" "nope..."
Theres the island. Man the agressors."

and also super soaker is coming out with 6 new alien like guns. bigger in size than the current line. the oozinator is the first of this line
Last edited by powersurge919 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:47 am

David parked up in the Militia base. Quickly he gathered a laptop and the appropriate cabling. He sat down to begin harvesting the drives.

Jo went to report on the mission.

After a long validation of why such troop losses were acceptable, she handed over images, and files taken from the camp.

The images of the blimp and other things weren't going down well.

"It appears that the blimp has flown over from West island. There were no places on this island to hide it, and aerial imagery showed possible hangars on West island.

Issue one is to shoot it down before it arrives at any of our sites on this island. The trouble here is that it's flying rather high, so it may well be out of water balloon range - at least from the ground.

Josh and his team may be able to fly their helicopter alongside and blitz it - however, this should be considered a last resort, and will probably be a suicide mission.

The best option is: Having come from West island, it will find it hard to re-fuel over here. If it lands to do so, it should be attacked immediately.

I suggest that the intelligence corps is searched for Tempest spies and agents. Too many reports were handed to our teams that are totally false:We were told that there were no air strips on this island -We have found several, to give one example

We should be able to identify main Tempest missions and locations soon. I've got my twin breaking past the encryptions on the hard drives from the tempest camp right now."

Jo's radio crackled into life:

"Jo, I've broken all the codes on the hard drives. We're in."

"I'm afraid I have to attend to a pressing matter now. The hard drives have been hacked into, so we can recover vital information."

"Ok, I'm using this tool to read the hard disc surface, rather than what the hard disc wants me to see. I'm sorting them in importance based on size, number of accesses and last access date."

The file lists on the screen re-arranged themselves.

David started typing again.

He paused to say: "I'll find the vital information and get back to you."

David handed over a flash drive.

"That's got the vitals on it. I suppose it's a matter of seeing command now?"

David began:

"This file here - This is the payroll of the Tempest forces. From here we can estimate Tempest numbers. My best estimates are several times what we originally believed they had here.

Now, this next file is their main map. Now, regrettably, this is a year or so old, so there will be many bases that aren't on here, and vice versa.

The file I believe to be their main list of agents and spies is encrypted with an aeon code. It's not uncrackable, but it's going to take more computing power than I have."

David handed over the flash drive, then left.

"Next step: The virus."
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

powersurge919

Reinforcements have arrived.

Post by powersurge919 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:28 pm

The blackhawk straffed around the docks as the two gunners fired randomly through the croud of tempests ariving to the island. suddenly a huge powerful stream came from through the clouds knocking the helecopter out of control. maverick thinking quikly reversed the tail rotors direction to save the chopper.a second stream came at the helecopter, but missed. maverick brought up the torque and flew quickly away from the docks. Maverick what is your position"thud asked over the radio.
"im 502 feet from the dock entrance road"
"get to the abandoned town and land on the church roof for pickup"
"Roger!"
______
Later.

"There is a rather large storm front coming in from the west of the .islands but lucky for us the storm will pass in 3 days"."Thud you hear the news we got a storm headed our way"
"uh hu..."
"hey what are you doing"
"hacking in an order for a sport blimp"
"a sport what?"
"you know a sport blimp"
"about the size of a bus, fast, good attack platform..."
"Sweet, um how many you ordering"
"3. one is for jo's team and two are for us."

i just want to say that the tempest derigible is very powerful. and was shooting from behind the clouds at 4040 feet.
And jo i hope you can find a use for this sport blimp in your team

Here is a site about the small sport blimp...
Sport blimp

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:49 am

Now it seems like I'm in general control of the reclaimation force.

Hmm, sport blimps. I was trying to keep flying craft to a minimum, but if that's what people insist on.

In reality I wouldn't go near one - I'm not good with heights, especially planes, helicopters, or for that matter, any unsupported height. Tall buildings - maybe.

"We need to gain access to their network to plant this virus."

"Not a problem. We just need to head off to this location here. (Points at map) This is is a Tempest officer's house, but it's not well defended.", Jo said

She'd spent some hours studying the maps, as she now had several teams reporting into her, and needed to know what was going on.

"Ok, we'll head off there then."

With their remaining Ex-Tempest, they blasted into the house. Quickly powering up the computer there, David started cracking the officer's personal access code.

"Well that was too easy. I'm in. Dumping virus in a minute."

"Ok, the virus is in. I've set it to auto-activate in 24 hours."

"Why? If we activate it now, then..."

"Because if we can plan an attack that will begin in 24 hours, their network is thrown into dissarray, and we have an advantage. It'll take them a few hours to find ways around this, so if we do it now, then we are wasting the panic."

They were out, and well away before anybody noticed the attack had taken place.

The Tempest searched the whole house, but other than damp carpets and damaged walls, they had little clue what had happened, and even less of why the attack had taken place.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:50 pm

If anything gets too fantasy-like, my character will build a fantasy-like cannon and shoot it down, regardless of what side is using it. A friendly reminder from someone who actually read page one of this RP. Please keep things at the very least semi-realistic. A blimp is starting to push the envelope.

Warning: Kinda long segment:

Duxburian's group had arrived at the Tempest airstrip a bit late. There were signs of battle, damaged buildings, and the strip itself had been bombed. In fact, he noticed that there was still sporadic fighting occuring a short distance away. Launchers out, they rode towards the sounds of battle. The scattered Tempests decided to flee rather than fight with 60 large water balloon launchers pointed in their direction.

One didn't quite manage to get away...

"You there! Freeze and put your hands up!"

The Tempest turned around and complied, surrounded and having no gun. He was rather tall, looked much older than most Tempests, and wore the distinctive armband of an officer. Fairly high rank, too. Duxburian was just as surprised to see an officer of this rank out at an isolated airstrip as the Tempest was to see the Militia commander, thought to not be on this island yet.

Duxburian aimed the anticipating word filter -> "air pressure water cannon" at the man's head. "If you don't want to know what 80x in the head feels like, you better start talking. When people don't talk, I don't take prisoners. What is your name, who sent you here, and what do you know about Tempest forces on this island that we don't?"

The officer wasted no time in spilling what he knew. "Please don't shoot, my name is Dave, I'm a colonel in the Tempest forces, I was sent by our General Alex to establish hidden air bases on this island, I'll tell you more, just please lower that cannon!"

Duxburian flipped the ball valve back and forth. "He he he it's not even filled!"

Recoiling for a second, the look of shock on the officer's face passed.

"Now what has Alex planned for this island?"

"We were going to use this island to conduct air raids on the other islands, and we have constructed hidden bunker complexes for high-ranking officials.." he cut off abruptly.

"You're not going anywhere anytime soon, so you might as well keep talking."

"Well, Alex himself is on this island, but you'll never get to him, the bunker is too well hidden and protected. Some other important figures are here, as well as Tempest designs for those new vehicles."

"Why are you still fighting for Alex, hasn't anyone realized that he is incapable of winning wars? And I thought he was killed in the last great battle?"

"Not quite. He survived, barely, but did, and was smuggled out to here. No one would dare challenge his authority as long as he is still around. We've appointed more officers to deal with his shortcomings. We've also been looking for Belisaurius, since he was a much more able commander, but so far there's been no trace of him."

This raised Duxburian's eyebrows. "Belisaurius fights for the Militia. He is actually a few hundred feet down the road!"

"What! How could he be...that's impossible."

"Not quite." Duxburian raised his sleeve up so the officer could see an armband. "See this? This is the insignia of the original Tempest Squadron under Belisaurius' leadership. I fought for him in the first war. You modern Tempests are fake fighting for a fake cause. The real reason for war was settled long ago. The Militia is what is left of the real Tempest Squadron, and if you don't believe me, I still have the Water Tank and you can talk with Belisaurius." Duxburian then turned to the men. "Lower your weapons, they won't be needed."

He turned back to Dave. "I normally don't take prisoners, but this is an exception. Come with me."

The officer slowly followed, still taking in what Duxburian had said.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:47 pm

Hmm...the various "summer activities" have started up, but I don't have as much time as I had hoped for. Anyway, I'm glad there's renewed interest in the RP, though I want to see better spelling and grammar from some people.

I haven't said much about keeping things realistic because I might have started the fantasy stuff with FireTruck and FireHose. However, those are entirely possible (and thus allowed by joannaardway's rules)--FireTruck is really just an EV pickup truck, and FireHose is basically a high-powered CAP soaker that is practical because it doesn't need to be carried around by foot. My sniping CPH is somewhat practical, because the 3/8" pump allows for 16/9 the pressure and thus somewhat greater range (in the 90-100 feet and effective range of 80 feet, which is also allowed by the rules)--but it is not invincible; if you charge me, there's no way I could fill the PC fast enough with such a small pump and fend off even a few attackers.

I think we've acknowledged that any water balloon travelling past the speed of sound will suffer from constructive interference and explode. You're not going to get any projectile from a WBL to go further than 1000 feet (and even that is a liberal approximation) with PVC pressure constaints and metal size limitations; even a motorized one couldn't get more than 1500 or 2000 feet (really rough approximation). I never claimed that FireHose can shoot farther than 50-60 feet; it just has 100X or so of output, which is no more than that of a large APWC. It can blast through drywall easily, but maybe even a regular homemade could; and it won't damage any vehicle too much, let alone hit an aircraft. I don't see why there's such a need for "better."

Somewhere in the forums (maybe in the thread, "Highest pressure you've seen"), I read about some engineer's project of using combustion to launch a water balloon--and the results only averaged 700 feet. Needless to say, combustion won't be used in this RP. I doubt a water gun shot could kill somebody, but a good blast to a pressure point will certainly temporarily disable or even knock out somebody--definitely long enough to "finish them off." I'm not too happy with the killing--why not use firearms instead of soakers for that, and even more so if you're shooting at buildings or vehicles? Whatever happened to fierce tactical scenarios in which infantry uses soakers to shoot each other? Maybe once the Tempest *finally* gets destroyed...

I can link to numerous sites devoted to RPs, fanfics, and the like...there, you can imitate real and even futuristic life all you want. At any rate, my contribution to this story will come soon, and looking at the map I provided, you can bet it'll involve infantry and tactics...

powersurge919

Post by powersurge919 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:35 pm

I have a WB slingshot here at my house, it can launch a balloon 200 feet. so if you get a more powerful elastic you could have 800-1020 range even.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:46 pm

You could get over 1000 ft of range with a pnuematic, but not with water balloons. We've shot a lacrosse ball over 1000, clean out of view. However, no matter how hard you try, water balloons don't like to travel past 500-600.

I'm not challenging anything so far on the ground. The different aircraft are pushing it, but I won't turn complaints into action unless the abilities of said planes starts becoming more like God-modding.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:21 am

Fair point about the realism. However, we need some elimination method.

I was trying to keep things realistic, but sort of forgot that:

It was incredibly fast - so fast and small that even the radar on the blimp couldn't pick it up.

Travelling at near the speed of sound, it ripped straight through the shell, shattered, and the shards headed out through the other side.

It wasn't a major hit, but it was enough to ensure that the blimp would have to land.

"That was something I hoped I wouldn't have to do." said Jo.

Cerberus smoked. The massive power that Hybrid operation could give was near the limits of the uPVC, so it would need a few minutes to cool.

The pre-fractured pycrete round had done it's job. It's armour penetrating capacity was off the scale against a normal water balloon.

She picked up a radio: "We have one confirmed hit on the Tempest blimp. This hit will force it to land. I need a Hydro-Ordinance aerial attack run on it in 3 hours. I will relay it's landing location to you 10 minutes before that time."

David smiled: "It's ironic - it has that much firepower, yet it's largely defeated by a small ground team."

"It won't be if that location is never relayed." said one of the ex-tempest.

"What do you mean..." It was clear what he meant when they turned round. All of the guns of the Ex-Tempest were pointing at Jo and David.

"Ok, I see. And this was part of some greater plan?"

"Of course. We were instructed to 'switch sides'"

"Yes. Right. Perhaps you'd like to switch sides with the ground?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"You under it instead."

"That my friend, is never, ever going to happen."

"Never say never." was Jo's final words to them.

*To be continued*

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:11 am

Duxburian, Belisaurius, and Dave had been talking for hours on end. They had come up with a bold, daring plan to end the war. The Militia force was to assault the bunker hiding the Tempest Commander Alex. They would have to break in and fight their way to the control room, of which Dave knew the way. Once inside there, they would kill Alex. Belisaurius would then reveal his identity as the long-lost Tempest Commander and assert control of all the Tempest forces! If they reverted to his leadership, the Tempest Squadron could be reformed and the war ended. Enough Tempests remembered Belisaurius that Duxburian was not worried about the switch of allegience.

However, Duxburian noted that some dangers existed. There was a high chance that they wouldn't make it to the control room, due to ample guards armed with the best weapons available. The biggest danger was that Alex would escape. If he escaped, all would be lost. Instead of inter-island peace created by his death, his escape would start an inter-island civil war between the Tempests. Belisaurius would only gain partial control of the Tempest armies and the war, in some form, would go on.

It would take guts to follow through with the plan. The Militia would have to take severe casualties in order to create a diversion long enough to get the three of them into the bunker through a hidden area. Even with 40 reinforcements newly arrived from the West Island, Duxburian estimated that less than half of the force would still be alive to retreat afterwards. They were to fall back upon the old base to make it seem like the attack was over and to cover Duxburian, Belisaurius, and Dave's moves.

After explaining the plan very carefully, Duxburian offered the option of sitting out this suicidal diversion. No one took it.

"Well then, alia iacta est. Move out, " said Duxburian, showing his attack handsignal. 90 very determined and fired up Militiamen got into their jeeps and pumped up their launchers, many for the last time.

The ride down the well-hidden entrance road was long and the men were dead silent. Most were reflecting on the monumental task ahead of them.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:40 pm

Josh got out of his helicopter... He had been on R & R for a day the strain of the last attack was too much on his equipment and what's left of his team. He ran his hand over the cracking paint of his helicopter ( Damage ) and sighed to himeself. He opened the door and inserted his key. Nothing happened. He hit the main power switch. Lights flikered. He Pounded on the control panel and suddently everything clicked on. He opened the panel and found a slightly loose connection. With a pair of insulated pliers he tightened the screw. He glanced over and saw the radar and the radio flicker on. He saw somthing moving on the radar.

It was moving very fast faster than he could travel. He took a scan of the object. It was heading for a weird location. Suddently he saw it. A blimp. Larger than his helicopter these devices could fire more than him and move faster. They weren't very manuverable though. The blimp was heading towards his position. Apparently at the last fight Tempest must have tracked them. He called out to Kayla who ran out wondering what was going on. He showed her the Blimp on the Radar and told her to start packing. She ran back and broght everything she could carry. As Josh saw the blimp on the horizion he saw the shell moving straight for it. It hit. The blimp started to desend. Most likely they had enough troops on board to kill them both. He finished the startup and started the main roters. They instantly started to spin up increasing their RPM every rotation. Kayla ran back to the helicopter with the last of the Supplies jumped in and slammed the door. Josh started to rise. He armed the Blitzkreig and flew straight towards the blimp. As soon as he was in range he fired 4 rounds. 3 bounced off the sheilding of the dirigable one laned in the cockpit and exploded.

Score.

Smoke started pouring out from the cockpit as the Blimp started to desend. Then he heard Joanna say on the radio.

'Ariel ordinece in 3 hours"

Josh chuckled at the thought it will be down in 1/2 hour at that rate. Suddently he heard on the radio a conversation from Joanna.

nd this was part of some greater plan?"

"Of course. We were instructed to 'switch sides'"

"Yes. Right. Perhaps you'd like to switch sides with the ground?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"You under it instead."

"That my friend, is never, ever going to happen."

"Never say never."

Josh and Kayla heard that and knew what had happened. Joanna's troops had turned against her. Thankfully she had turned her radio on when they weren't looking. Kayla took control of the helicopter and Josh began triangulating the signal. He took control of the radio and his computer and sent pings to computers and radios. And also have the other radios automaticly ping Joanna and report the time it takes. From there you could calculate the difference betweeen the stations.Triagulangulating in a sence. Josh put a fixed point on the map. He gave it to Kayla to fly to there while he armed and reloaded the cannon.
Last edited by DX on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Story segments should be in bold
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:31 pm

One of the Tempest smashed his CPS 2250 around the back of Jo's head.

She fell to the ground, unconscious. (See, I'm not unprepared to incapacitate myself for the story - thus, David takes over for a bit.)

"You, David, load her into your vehicle."

David picked Jo up and loaded her into the back of the Land Rover.

A tempest climbed into the driving seat.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Unless you weigh what I do, and match me in a few other ways, you'll get a 100,000 volt shock when you touch the steering wheel."

This was a complete lie, but none of the Tempest wanted to test it. - The Tempest got out and motioned for David to get in - Two more tempest got in the back:

"Sweet, we've got all this neat weaponry now..."

One tempest got in next to David.

"You, do what I say or we break her fingers."

"Why exactly am I still awake, whereas she isn't?" David queried.

"You can get that virus off of the network. You don't, we kill her. Simple."

"Simple." David replied through gritted teeth.

"Drive."

David started the engine, and as he drove off the two Jeeps that the rest of the Tempest were in followed.

After a minute or two, his plan was complete. He loaded one of Jo's CDs into the CD player. He swapped through a track or two, and muted it via the controls on the steering wheel. He wound up the volume. It was still muted, but when he flicked it off....

The screech of the electric guitar from "Canon Rock" filled the car.

The Tempest next to him reached for the pause control, - David brought his arm around, and smashed the Tempest's forehead smashed against the dashboard.

The two tempest in the back took aim with whatever weapons came to hand. One used an SS30, the other used Cerberus. However, Jo was woken up by the excessively loud music, and wrenched the SS30 from the Tempest's hands.

The other tempest pulled the trigger on Cerberus - nothing happened. With a quick move, Jo smashed their heads together, knocking them out as well. Jo picked up Cerberus and laughed.

"He didn't take the safety off..."

The situation was still dire. They were being pursued now, and they had three Tempest in the Land Rover that could wake up at any moment.

David lurched the Land Rover around a corner, rather faster than the Tempest could do it.

Jo grabbed some zip-ties. Binding the Tempest quickly, she picked up Cerberus, and took off the safety. She took aim at the left hand Jeep, and catapulted a pycrete round into it's engine.

In true movie style, it exploded in a large fireball.

Before she could recharge the hybrid chamber, the other Jeep was ripped apart by high calibre fire.

"Nice to see you down there."

"Josh? Are we glad to see you. We've got three tempest here who have a lot to answer for.

It appears that the Tempest organisation is fragmented. Some of them are loyal only to the new commander now."

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:04 am

Duxburian, Belisaurius, and Dave waded through the reeds which concealed the door. Dave disabled a huge trap with a shot via the MS Douchenator. He then whispered back, "The door is just to the right behind that tree. There shouldn't be any other traps."

A large roar suddenly echoed from far away to the left. Duxburian whispered, "That's the signal! Now all the Tempests in the bunker will be focusing on that point. I told several men to aim for the power supply so the security system won't pick us up. Let's go!"

With that, he banged in the door and the three of them rushed in and down the steps. Dave took the lead, navigating by the right wall. Everything was pitch dark and they could not risk a flashlight. Trying to make as little noise as possible was hard when they were going down halls blindly. After about 10 minutes, they came to an intersection of two halls, of which one had a door at its end. There was light coming from the cracks in the door.

"Behind that door is a short hall leading to the Control Room, " explained Dave. They have a backup generator, so we will have to fight. This is the most dangerous area. Once beyond the Control Room door, there is a stairwell. We will have to run up that and hope the guards inside the Control Room miss."

They slowly walked up to the door and Duxburian tried the handle. "Darn, it's locked." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a nail.
anticipating word filter -> "air pressure water cannon" in one hand, nail in the other, he slowly began to pick the lock. After what seemed like ages, the lock clicked and the door swung open.

A Tempest Guard was standing two feet away.

"HOLY
CRAP!" yelled Duxburian as he fired the anticipating word filter -> "air pressure water cannon"[totally ruins the suspense of the action, doesn't it?] as a reflex reaction. The three immediately hit the deck as the Control Room door burst open. Tempest guards poured into the short hall as Dave and Belisaurius fired to try and hold them off. Dave ran out of pressure in the Douchenator, and Belisaurius' XP 270 wasn't getting enough firepower through the hall. In serious danger of being overwhelmed, Duxburian finished pressurizing the anticipating word filter -> "air pressure water cannon" just in time, rose up, and wiped out the hall.

Now might be the only chance. They sprinted through the door, down the hall over Tempest bodies, and through the open Control Room door. As they burst out of the hall, they could see several guards firing. Dave took the full force of the blasts and collapsed in front of them. Belisaurius was surrounded near the stairwell. Duxburian during the distractions slipped through to the stairwell and up to the second floor wrap-around catwalk. He pointed the
anticipating word filter -> "air pressure water cannon" at Alex down in the center of the room, but Alex only smiled.

"Nice try! You came pretty close to your goal. However, you have failed. You have a choice: you can kill me, or you can save Belisaurius. Ha ha!"

It was true. Duxburian only had one shot's worth of water left in the
anticipating word filter -> "air pressure water cannon" and his still un-used CPS 2500 did not have enough range to hit Alex or the guards.

"You do realize that you can end the war right now? Killing me would give you total control of the Tempest forces. You could do whatever you like with them, " Alex said slyly.

Duxburian hesitated. "Full power, end the war, but lose a friend? NO WAY!"

With that, he fired the
anticipating word filter -> "air pressure water cannon" at the guards around Belisaurius. Those he missed fled with Alex out a back door. The door then slammed shut and locked before either could reach it. Belisaurius then addressed the remaining guards and new ones who had come through the first door. He persuaded them to abandon their allegience to Alex, as Duxburian went back to check on Dave. Although badly injured, he would survive.

Duxburian knew that because of this decision, the war would drag on. There would be a Tempest Civil War, and it was mostly his fault that Alex had escaped. "Oh well," he thought to himself. "The mission somewhat worked. At least we're all still alive..."