RP III - Storm Breaker

Post your epic water war tale!
Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:10 am

Note: I finished this post a long time ago, and I have more done along with a map, but I haven't finished what I was going to or posted the map due to image hosting limitations. I've been wasting time looking for new hosts...

@ Adhockeykid: Super Soaker Central is all about homemades, so you're at the right place if you want to know more about them. Check out the standard APH article for a list of parts and a picture detailing how to put everything together; basically, you get PVC of several widths, the appropriate fittings, and glue everything together. You might not know exactly how air pressure soakers work, in which case you should check out the second picture in this page of the water gun article at HowStuffWorks. It basically goes, reservoir -> 1st check valve (one-way valve) -> pump -> 2nd check valve -> pressure chamber (PC) -> trigger -> nozzle. Ben is in the process of writing a homemade building walkthrough, but since such a thing must be incredibly long, it will likely be a while before it comes up (hopefully along with a host of other brand-new articles). For now, the best thing to do is just browse the SSCentral articles and threads...

@ Lightbulb41: Adhockeykid is now at 2, because he's with me at Alsted. He wasn't doing anything I didn't want him to, because I basically gave him (and everybody else) an offer to join a team. In fact, if I may profess my opinion, I like it when peoples' segments fit in with the rest--it makes everything more like a story. I had to adjust and change a couple things, most importantly making sure SilentGuy could welcome Battlegroup Canadia, but I don't mind making such minor changes. In fact, it makes the story much less predictable--and because we all have our own plans for the way the story will go, we must allow for compromises. I didn't plan for Jordan to possibly be a traitor, but if that's the way you wanted it, I'm fine with it too.

I did the math again, and you're right--90 FPS is actually 10 times my original estimate, so it's a little over 60 MPH. However, that is still a bit under what you'd need, so if you still want something that travels half a mile (possibly a bit too much, but I'm not complaining), you would probably need to break the speed of sound--and constructive overlapping (overlapping's not the word, but I'm talking about a sonic boom) would break the balloon.

@ Adhockeykid: Don't think you're the best team out there. If you lived in another state, you might actually be able to get away with saying that you're the best in the state (actually, I doubt you've played outside your city); but if you're in the same state as the RM and Waterbridge, then you have no hope. Just be happy that this is an RP and that we're all on the same side for now.

FireTruck zipped between cars on the crowded highway, silent except for the sound of the tires. SilentGuy mumbled, "We'd better sit down...if Chris keeps on changing directions, accelerating, and braking (yes, changing direction is part of acceleration) like this, we could be thrown off the truck bed."

All three water warriors collapsed, and SilentGuy took a look at a second map that he had brought with him. This was a detailed map of Alsted, and it even included the directions of traffic on one-way roads and places where a divider stopped one from turning left. At Jordan's house, he had pulled up a images of parts of the city using Google Earth, and luckily, one of the images detailed Luke's location. SilentGuy stared at the maps for a while before he realized that the reason Luke was there was because it was a Tempest base! The whole place was a deathtrap, but SilentGuy knew Luke wouldn't be creating an ambush, because he was fanatically loyal.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:28 am

Josh slowly crawled out of his helicopter... In his mind he thought he had charged out and wiped out the enemy... No he had just woken up from the crash... Smoke was all around him He was injured... He opend the cockpit door and crawled out of the smoking pit... His pride and Joy his weapon near destroyed. The control panel was fried (5 posts to fix) and his tail was near ruined. He collpsed on the ground after breathing the noxious electrical smoke from the cockpit. Whatever hit the tail. It caused a power surge that took out his control pannel. He collapsed to the ground and Cried "Help!" Then He passed out due to his injuries.

I'm reworking the formulas manualy to make sure my calculations are correct. It might take a little while on this... Especially since I have finals this week :) Just bear with my calculations for now... Once I build the real thing in a couple of weeks I'll sent you the videoes :) and the test stats and solve a few variables such as Air resistence and force in the barrel
Last edited by Lightbulb41 on Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

powersurge919

Uh Oh

Post by powersurge919 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:11 am

Tiger9 still lumbering through the forest notices hes been walking around in circles he says to him self "this is hopeless".Then a man dressed in black aprouched him "are you tiger9?" the mysterious figure asked "yeah whats it to you"tiger snaped back "well im part of team ten :| "the man replied with a slight smirk on his face "there is no team ten" tiger said bearing his fists "we're a newley formed team, come on lets go to the base to treat those wounds and give you a weapon".

The guy in black is a master of persuasion. he's a tempest don't butt in to this one please i have a good ending to this in my next post
{ARMOURY:}
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:08 pm

for the 10th time, we beat everyone we FOUGHT!!!!!
and i didn't know jersey had all the good water gun teams. :D
if anyone from those two teams happens to be on here, i need some help making my team in I am New under new users.
@ silentguy-what happened to us? i have to wait for you to post again.
"It's either you pass and live, or fail and die."
-Deric

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:59 pm

Josh floated in and out of conciousness he had been severly injured in the crash his mind broght his memories back to the girl he liked. She was on his team before everybody had got shot down. He had never told her that he liked her. Now look where he was. Half dead nobody to talk to. He hoped and prayed that "She" was still alive. If she was alive Josh would find her. As he slipped in and out of conciousness he remembered that He had to shut down the Reactor on the helicopter or it would overheat and cause a meltdown (BAD) he slowly got up. He grabbed the nearest rock and bashed the lock open. The pannel fell down with a crash. He looked inside sparks were flying everywhere. Reached in and grabbed the main shutoff and pulled it. It didn't budge. The Crash had bent switch so it wouldn't move. He tried again. It didn't move. Then With all his might letting out a loud groan he threw all his weight into the switch. A loud screeching sound was emmeted as the handle moved from On to Off. The Reactor was shut down. Out of pain he passed out. Again He started thinking. If "She" was on the Tempest side and they met up. Would she shoot him? Would he? He hoped not but as continued to think he was inturupted by being woken up by a medic.
"Are you okey do You need help?"
Josh Groaned and let his head fall back
"WE NEED MEDICAL HELP HERE!" The medic cried.
A team of medics pulled Josh away. As he was wheeled into the hospital all Josh said was "Her name" He wanted to find her as soon as he got out.

I have a plot ready for this. He eventaully will meet up with the girl (not revealing the name just now) and somthing will happen.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:03 am

Josh slowly opened his eyes. His vision was fuzzy. Judging by the stubble on his face he had been out for about 3 days. As his vision cleared he blinked. He looked around. He was in a hospital bed. An EKG machine was beeping behind him. He looked to his right and saw IVs stuck in his arm. On the Left he saw a single card with his name on it. He struggled to reach over to get the card but He was able to snatch it from the table. He looked at the name on the card "Albert" He wasn't happy that no one had left him anything considering what he had done to take out the gunners in the forest. He looked closer at the table and saw the doctors notes for him. He tried to read the notes but since it was doctor's writing no one could understand it. He sat back looking at the ceiling thinking how lonely he was without his batallion of troops. He was only the Engineer. Why should he survive over the commander or "Her". The only reason he survived is because he had a prototype gun on his that was able to distract the gunners long enough for him to escape. He was inturrupted in his thought process by a sudden pain in his shouder. He lifted up the hospital jacket thing on his arm and saw that it was bandaged. He breathed deeply to try to numb the pain but he coughed. Suddently he rememberd the fire in the cockpit in his helicopter the thick black smoke. He wondered where he was. A doctor walked in and said

"Oh you're up!" he said with a smile
"You have been out for a few days. We found you just inside the wall. You were half dead when they found you. You are lucky to be alive after that crash. I'll leave you be. You can leave tomarrow morning considering your lungs are in good shape now that we cleared all the electrical smoke gunk out of your lungs. Your shoulder should be fine in a few days after the burns heal. Here let me take the IVs out of you the right way." Josh yelled with pain as the needles came out of his arm. He asked the doctor, "Where is my helicopter?"

"Oh that... Hmmm I wonder where... Oh yes It's still right where you crashed. The thing was so heavy that the troops couldn't move the thing. It doesn't matter the whole back is ruined and the cockpit needs to be completely redesigned and replaced. It isn't worth it."

Josh frowned at these words. The doctor was making fun of his machine. He had to get out and fix the thing. He would as soon as he got out. Then He would go look for "Her". He fell asleep. Halfway through the night he had a nightmare. It was back when he had the whole squadron and It was a High definition replay of what happend that day when he was the last to survive. He heard his squad Scream and yell as they went down and "her" voice cry for his help. He woke up sweating. He needed to satisfy himself of this make it finished.

In the morning he looked over and saw a few cards. One was a card from Silent Guy and the Firetruck Crew. He smiled. Somebody actually cared that he was injured for now. He walked out of the hospital and went directly to the wreck. What he saw made him cry. Vandels had spray painted his helicopter pink. A discrace to the Black paint underneath. He started first things first. Rip all the broken Parts out. After he had done that There wasn't much left except the Cockpit shell. The seat in the cockpit and the engine and main Roter. He found the damaged tail roter and found it was in decent shape and was able to be Welded back on to the helicopter. Getting at the cockpit was a different story. The helicopter was at an Ecentric angle not landing parrell with the ground. Josh grabbed a shovel and dug the wall out around the helicopter and was able to bring the vehicle level. He entered the cockpit for the first time since he had narrowly escaped the last time. He took a screwdriver and started to dissisemble the control pannel piece by piece saving the good parts tossing the bad. He had purchased a bottle of windex and paper towels and started to clean the windshield. It was a lenghy process. Now to inspect the weaponry on the device. He was sad to see the compresser for his Blitzkreig was totally destroyed. So for now at least the helicopter was unarmed. He spent 2 days trying to repair the Pannel and rewiring the circuts. Each day he couldn't help about thinking his dream and why it had to be him. Not "Her"

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:53 pm

I'm not going to be around much So I'm posting as much of the RP as I can I will leave my charecter at a cliff hanger...

Josh collapsed in the chair. He had been working for 3 straight days on rebuilding the control panel so that his helicopter could fly again. Every hour he had to take a break and rest his shoulder. He had restored basic flight movement but the avanced flight computer would take a little more time to reprogram. He then turned his attentioon to the weapon systems on the helicopter. He had removed the gun from the bottem and built another so they could be mounted on the stabilizers on the sides. He had made a bolt action reloader so that he could have a magazine of about 50 balloons on each gun per magazine. He had fitted the Old slingshot on the bottem of the helicopter so that He could accuratly use it as a Sniper weapon. He mounted the last guns and Hooked up the air hoses to the tanks. He went back to the Reactor and worked on the compresser. The seals were shot so wasn't able to use the compressor. He went poking around the junk parts of the destroyed pieces and found that the Insulation on the wires from the board would make good seals. He set the seals in and tried the Compressor. It worked well. He was anxious to Go back to the crash site with his new guns and see If either "Her" body was there or the enemy had cleared the place and captured them. With his setup He could even take out the Full Firetruck crew. He picked a target to test upon. An old douchinator from the war that he previously destroyed was still there. He fired each of the guns making sure that they all worked well. The only problem was since he added a second and third gun and added armor. The helicopter wasn't as Fast on accelerating to top speed. It took a little bit longer to turn also. But thankfully the armor would stand a couple of shots from the Douchenators before desinergrating. He took off for the former base (5 on the original map).

He looked at his Navigation map. He had been able to recover part of the data from the computer so he had 2 of the 5 markers on the map of where the helicopters went down. He flew over the first one. There was an indent on where that team member went down. But all the wreckage had been cleared. Funny It was only about 2 weeks ago. This was out in the middle of nowhere why were they cleared away so fast? He flew over the second one. That was the same thing. This time he was able to hover only a few feet from where the person crashed. From the markings on the ground they were waiting for our regiment in order to take us down. I suprised them with the gun on the helicopter so they got everyone except me.... Josh rose vertically 100 feet right above the trees. Suddently he saw smoke in the distance. He flew towards the smoke and found it was a fire. There was wreckage from one of the regiments helicopters but whoever the teammate was down. Was gone now. He went over to the wreckage. He found a notebook inside. The notebook was one of his team members Journals. (Journals were required of all soilders in the regiment Engineers did not need to do them) Josh read the Journal. It was Spark's Josh's wingman. The writings were all normal until the entry of the day of the crash.

"Crashed today. Heard screams of other members being captured. 1 dead. 4 missing. Then there was one name for the dead-- Josh-Engineer- the entry continued the account of Tempest activity all around him. They had trucks and heavy machinery."

Josh looked up. It all made sense. The were waiting for the regiment so they could shoot him down get the parts and build their own helicopters. The reason they didn't take his. Unfortuneatly the Journal entries stopped after that.
Tempest Just captured the pilot because the Engineer is the only one able to open the Main pannel and service the reactor. Josh had the code memorized in his head. They needed him to open the Reactor pannel. Once they saw he escaped. They rounded up his team. And probably took them to a Holding cell to torture them to see if they knew where Josh was. They didn't of course. Josh had gotten away. He was going to rescue His friends along with "her". He had an Idea. Combine the two Helicopters into One Dual roter. The thing would have more power. More Cargo. and didn't have the problem with busted tail roters. Before he could do that He had to get the dead one out of there. He left a note on the ground saying.
"Ha ha look at what some silly Tempest left for the battalion engineer to pick up-- Josh-the Undead engineer."

Josh taking som heavy rope made 2 loops around the front and back of the helicopter and then he secured it with some hevay bolts on the front and back. He slowly looped the towing hook onto the loop. He slowly broght the rope taut on the dead flying machine. Now the challange begun The helicopter weiged a large amount. It was partially buiried from the crash just like his when He crashed. He started to rise slowly. As the rope tightened he felt the helicopter stop moving vertically. He broght the power up slowly to 100% and he felt the Helicopter struggle to move the eaqul weight object. The Rope suddently went lose as the Wreck Jerked out of the ground. He was moving. He checked the map. He could go to the seaside town or go back to the base at the Abandoned town. He know there was less suplies there but they were friendly towards him. He coud find some sheet metal from some demolished buildings and build a Larger more complicated machine.
45 minutes later-
He finally got towards the base. He saw that his area by the wall was still open He set the wreck down gently behind the wall. He came down and slowly released the wreck to stand on it's old legs. He broght down his Helicopter inline with the wreck. He got out and Pulled out the repair kit from the Cargo bay. In it had a welding torch that adapted to the main Powercoupling of the Reactor. He first started cutting apart the Wreck. First the Tail mechinism and then he dissesembled the cockpit. A guard showed up to ask what he was doing and he showed his Id and his Engineer badge and the guard left. He completely rebuilt the reactor in the wreck in order to make a twin rotor.

He worked for days on end. His machine everyday becoming more complete. Oneday he found Sheet metal and wood in a collapsed building. He used that to pannel over the center section. When He finally finished the Body and frame. He painted the Helicopter Black with a big White stripe down the center. The Blitzkreigs were mounted on the sides as before but they both were more accurate due to a new pump salvaged from the Wreck. As Josh climbed into the cockpit He turned the second Reactor on and diverted the controls to the main panel. Then tested all the features, Lights Air conditioning, Heat, Tow hook. Cargo doors. And most important of all The new sound system. He took the Old Nav computer from the wreck and put the thing as a targeting computer.

Josh then turned his attention to getting the behemoth off the ground. He started the first rotor and then the second. As they began to wind up he felt the Helicopter start to begin to lift off. Josh increased the Speed and felt himself being lifted off the ground. He tried out the controls. The Helicopter turned on a dime and accelerated rapily. He was NOT going to mess with it again if nessicary. He armed the two Blitzkreigs loaded the magizines and sped off in search for his crew.

Here's a picture of somthing simiar to my veichile but... painted black.

From now on I'm probably going to run around helping people until we assult the base. Working On my helicoptor is done unless it is damaged. I probably will make my charecter get injured a few more times so whatever...

PLEASE POST I LEAVE IN LESS THAN 4 DAYS!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:22 pm

Jo approached Duxburian, still carrying Cerberus (Cerberus is going thorugh some design changes - expect even more power)

"We need to track them down. I'm volunteering to follow them" said Jo.

David chose some more of his language to speak. I'm not translating this either.

Duxburian stopped to consider the practical issues and likelihood of success...

@ Duxburian - if you post soon, you can decide what my team does. It doesn't have to be following them or staying - it could be a completely different mission.

@Lightbulb41: Are you going for a while, or permenantly? If it's just for a while, I'm sure your character could meet with mine, and I could write you in until you get back...
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:32 pm

I'll be around once in a while... I won't be able to post much though so If you want to meet with my charecter... go ahead.. I have a sweet helicopter and a CPS 3000 (unfortuneatly unmodded but the helicopter makes up for that....) YOu can control my charecter. Eventually I'll finish my plot (finding my team dead except 2)

I'll be gone for a while... I'll be back eventually. It's all your choice that you want to meet up with me right now I'm heading towards the old millitary base somewhere out in the woods.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:51 pm

Crap... I clicked post when I didn't want to...

Josh flew around in his helicopter. He searched the area for any more remains of the helicopters. He didn't find any. He went back to where he found Spark's Helicopter. The enemy had obviously had been there. He had left some wreckage there. It wasn't there anymore. His Message he left was gone. Somebody had been there looking for somthing. Josh checked his radar. It was clear for the time being. He rose above the tree tops. Suddently alarms started going off. He was surrounded by troops with a 1/4 mile diameter circle around him. He radioed Joanna
"There are more Tempest here than we originally thought. Requesting backup at point #5 on the orignal map. I am completely surrounded by Tempest forces."

He looked out the window and saw helicopters coming toward him.
"Warning they have Air support."

Josh grabbed the controls and looked at the helicopters. They looked exactly like the original helicopters except they had small waterguns on on them trying to take him out. He quickly armed the Twin Blitzkreig and charged forward into the battle. He fired 1 shot into one of the helicopters. It quickly started to crash. He turned the helicopter around and fired both barrels at 2 oncoming helicopters. They both fell straight down. One of them behind him managed to get a shot off and hit the windshield. It cracked the glass. Josh quickly fired 2 rounds of Balloons at the helicopter causing the main rotor to break apart. He checked the health status of the ship. All shield levels Green. He quickly took a roll of duct tape out (setting the helicopter on auto pilot) and he reinforced the cracked windshield. He rolled out 2 grape shot magazines for the Blitzkreig. He loaded them in and ran back to the cockpit. He armed each cannon and tried to force his way through. Water balloon slingshots similar to what he had carried in the cargo bay were firing all around him. He launched 2 rounds into the main troop embankments. The grape shot took most of them out or was able to make them run out of their position. One of the waterballons hit his cargo bay door. The shields asorbed most of the blow but it defantly put a fist sized hole in the bay door.
Josh checked the shields again. They were green at the 2 ends and yellow in the cargo bay. The system held up well against water guns but the Balloons put a real strain on the system. All aroud Josh there were balloons and Streams firing everywhere. He doged left and right trying to stay out of the slingshot's scope. Everywhere around him there seemed to be Tempest. Suddently there was a loud KABOOM as a water balloon hit his radar tower. His radar was knocked clean off. He had no way to determine where the enemy was. He looked at his compass heading and headed east because he knew they wouldn't shoot him down over a city. He plowed forward.
He asked himself,

"Where did all the tempest come from? Is there no end to them?"

He saw a highway in the distance. He poured the throttle out full in order to get there where they would be out in the open if they would still follow me. He approached the highway. He Started following it. Up ahead there was a large field the enemy would have to come out if he wanted to shoot him down. Suddently all the shooting stopped. Josh looked ahead of him and saw a second squadron of helicopters and small aircraft coming straight for him. He set the guidance computer for evasive manuver. He ran back and enabled the auxilary radar mounted on the rear of the helicopter where the old cockpit was. He quickly swictched out the empty grape-shot magizines and loaded the shells (6 inchers) He locked the magazines in and ran back to the cockpit (I need another charecter to do the loading job) He pulled the helicopter into a vertical climb and flew forward. He armed the new weapon he had last worked on a magnetic accellerator that hurls a water balloon over 120 mph. Regardless of size this thing can fire any balloon as long as it's smaller than the track.

Josh Fired the new accelerator Deadly accuracy the balloon hit the helicopter and penetrated the cockpit and then exploded. With all 3 guns going He was able to bring down the hellicopters and the small aircraft. Tempest must have a small landing strip somewhere. He landed in the abandoned town now secure base. He by the repair shop so he could patch the holes in the windshield and the bay and also fix other damage. He then proceded to got to Base command and report the masses of Tempest forces in the Area.

By the way I was wondering if it is Theroetically possible to create a magnetily accelerated water balloon. The balloon would ride on a cart and when the cart hits the end of the track there is a piece of wood/metel to stop the cart but not the balloon. So inertia takes effect and keeps the balloon moving. Think of the power of the thing. Since it runs on electromagnets you don't have to worry about barrel size and since the only force on the balloon is G force I think it might actually work.

I leave in 3 days...

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:46 pm

Lightbulb41 wrote:Crap... I clicked post when I didn't want to...
If you wanted to edit your old post, then I can merge the two posts--but if you just submitted your new post too early, editing it will work well enough. If you hit new reply accidentally, just click the back button on your browser, as there's no problem with that. But please, we don't want profanity (light as it may be) here at SSC, and you can get anything changed just by asking...

Not too realistic anymore, with air-to-air combat, but oh well...and your electromagnetic weapon is really just a rail gun that pushes a water balloon.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:07 pm

I'll tone it down on the unrealistic stuff... and I had written somthing hit post closed out of Mozila firefox and then remembered that I wanted to add somthing else.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:49 pm

"If you want to track them down, fell free to try," responded Duxburian hastily. "You can take some or all of our turned Tempest troops. There are 30 of them, and their loyalty is assured after seeing our weaponry and skill. Of course, if you don't want them, that is fine, but you might need more than 4 people for chasing an enemy of significant strength."

"I heard sounds of an air fight going on somewhere toward the abandoned military base, which means the Tempests have an airstrip. I'm taking the militia to try and storm their facilities there. We can't let them enjoy an airstrip."
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:14 am

we sped down to the enemy, and found a great concealing trench. it had perfect view of the Tempest. We readied our guns and crouched down...

silentguy i could use some help here
"It's either you pass and live, or fail and die."
-Deric

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:18 am

Fine, fine, I'll post...but I am sorry. This is the second time you've asked...

I'm reserving this post for when I finish my segment, which should be done today. I'll redo the map and see how good it is.