RP III - Storm Breaker

Post your epic water war tale!
Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:10 am

Josh chuckled as Joanna's voice blared out of the radio. He was having to much fun concentrating on shooting the Tempest. He hadn't had this much fun in years. He ripped through the 2 jeeps like paper and conctrated on shooting the ground troops. He called in through the radio.

"Joanna get on a straight away. I can pick you up and hold your rover in the cargo bay."

Josh took control of the pilot's seat. Kayla ran back to the cargo bay. She opened the bay doors and lowered the main hook. Josh flew the Helicopter low to the ground. He dropped the hook and latched it on the roof of the Rover and started to lift it up. The engine groaned and creaked from the new strain put on it. Josh cut the throttle and slowed down increasing the power to the lift. As the Rover rose. Shots were aimed at the helicopter each taking at bit of integrety out of the hull. As the Cargo bay doors closed and the Rover was secured. Kayla was supprised at the massive vechile in the cargo bay. She was even more suprised when Joanna and David who She had only seen about 1 minute come out and reconize her. She was still new to all of this fighting against Tempest. When she saw the 3 unconsious Tempest in the Rover she nearly screamed. Joanna and David greeted her and walked up to the cockpit.

Joannaardway: I've put the story into bold.
Last edited by joannaardway on Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:54 pm

Jo began: "Josh. Good to see you. How are you getting on with life?"

"Not bad. Surviving."

Jo smiled:

"We need to relay the location of that blimp - stay well away from it though."

She picked up a radio:

"I need a schedule change on the Hydro-Ordinance run. I need it set for ASAP. I'm sending you the current location of the blimp."

"Confirmed."

Back in the hold, David was interrogating the prisoners.

"Kayla, you might want to leave - This isn't going to be pleasant"

Kayla nodded, and headed into the Cockpit.

The sounds of the interrogation were still audible:

"You're not very nice. It's not pleasant to be double agents."

Muffled screams came from the hold -Jo shut the cockpit door:

"So, we now have a ATV, a helicopter, a huge pile of weapons, more ammo than we can use, three prisoners and 4 troops. So what do we do now? Given that the Militia chain of command is fractured, we are more or less under our own control."

Jo opened the door quickly:

"David, when does that virus start?"

"8 hours."

She shut the door again, and the crashes and screams died.

"It's best if we can attack somewhere at that time. They'll be thrown into disarray, so we'll have an advantage."

Josh nodded. Jo sat down to think - They had few warriors, but a lot of equipment, and a tactical advantage. David bust in:

"We've got a problem. One of the Tempest says that there's several surface to air missile stations on this island. We're fairly safe here, but those incoming bombers need an entrance and exit cleared."

Jo checked the map.

"Ok, we can handle the exit. I'll contact Team 1 to have them take out the stations near there. We have 1 hour to do it, so we need to move".
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

powersurge919

Post by powersurge919 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:41 pm

"insert rod A into slot B."
"thats what she said!" ;)
"I swear if you say that again i'll sell you as a mail order "Bride"." "okay okay ill stop."
"Insert engine mount to left stabilizer."
"okay now what."
"inflate air bag with class 2 concentrated helium."
"okay, but this is quite a small can for this thing."

"I call shotgun on first flight"
"aw darn"
"im the leader so i get to ride first"
"..."

as thud took off he didn't relize he pushed the throttle the wrong way and reversed at 40 mph into the church steeple.
"uhoh, gods gonna be pissed. hehee"
he pulled the throttle back and shot through the sky at tree top level.
"whoa too fast."
he pulled back on the stick and by accident did a loop
"see? I should have piloted it." Dr.Mental said over the radio.

RED=Dr.Mental
Blue=THuD
{ARMOURY:}
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:46 pm

SilentGuy and Derek jogged slowly through the forest, sticking to the edge. Even with a Treo 700w that included GPS through an EV-DO connection, it was better to be able to see everything inside the camp. The place was huge, and fortifications had evidently been made since the Keyhole satellite had passed by. There were a few more tents, but more evidently was the presence of fortifications. The fortifications were fairly simple--basically, they were piles of logs and tiny trenches scattered here and there. It was a decent imitation of forest foliage and cover, but you just couldn't beat a camp actually inside a forest. Unfortunately, though, the Tempests still had something going for them--numbers. There were about 40 small blue tents, and if there were 4 men in each one--that added up to about 160 enemies. Sure, it wasn't like a full-fledged army camp with thousands of crew, but this must have been the bulk of the Tempest forces. A large, fortified camp in the island's largest town, an armory (probably one of the huge purple tents) that could equip a 20-man hit squad that attacked Jordan's house--yup, it all made sense.

As the two water warriors approached a tent set uncomfortably close to the forest, they paused to pump up all the weapons and for SilentGuy to deliver a final briefing. "As you know, my main weapon right now is this sniping CPH. It's got a ton of power and range, but it's weak for regular fighting due to its narrow pump--even the Temper IV sniper soakers don't have such a small pump. For backup, I'm lugging the monstrous nonlinear PCgH--which happens to be the opposite of my primary weapon, in case the fighting gets really intense. Cover my back, but don't try going after targets when you don't need to. In order to take out as many Tempests as possible, we must move and fight aggressively to keep the initiative--so be prepared to strafe, tap-shoot, and use all the tricks you know. Once group 2 comes in with three strong fighters, they do the extraction while we provide covering fire and keep the Tempest heads down. It'll be impossible to take every enemy out, and while we move, we should strive to stay together. Well, here goes!"
SilentGuy used hand signals to direct Derek to the point from which they were supposed to break out of the woods. SilentGuy then backtracked a bit, coming out to a medium-sized, square tent. After tip-toeing along the far side of the tent, he came across a curve in a wide, well-used dirt path; and SilentGuy was amazed at the activity in the camp. Instinctively, he crept back a bit before analyzing where to move and attack from. It wasn't deserted, in which one could have moved freely and sniped at others; and neither was it filled with civilians who could allow an "assassin" to blend in. No, everybody here was armed to the teeth, and some of the homemades indeed looked menacing.

SilentGuy still felt exposed, and that was due to a few tents far to his right--he seemed surrounded. He dived for cover in some shrubbery between the tents, and set up his position. He didn't like having his movement being restricted so much, but there wasn't any choice. He started taking random shots at the crowds of Tempests milling around in the dirt and gravel road. *Aim, WOOSH, Ugh...* *Aim, WOOSH, BAM!* *Aim, WOOSH, Oof!* *Aim, WOOSH...* And suddenly, the pressure was out. Some of the shots had hit, some had missed--and while SilentGuy and taken great care in using tap shots and following up on misses with more powerful shots, people had clearly noticed the water splashing around and the people falling down. They started running around frantically, a couple budding but nevertheless insignificant "leaders" trying to issue instructions. Slowly, as one, the unorganized masses found their weapons and started moving.

SilentGuy grinned; this was where the real action began! Currently, individuals were still walking around and checking the tents, looking around on the alert--that relatively laid-back sort of thing. Soon, he knew they might scout around, especially into the forest. While he could easily hold off anybody and basically stay alive among trees, the mission was to move into the camp and set up, waiting for the rest of the attack party.

While analyzing the situation, the keen warrior had been calmly pumping up the soaker's large CPS bladder. His original plan was for Derek to move in a bit and set up a powerful and disorienting crossfire/flanking maneuver, but the best plans are flexible--and the situation certainly called for a change of strategy. SilentGuy would use the Tempest search as a distraction, and possibly divert forces while Luke was saved. He called for Derek to return, and started taking multiple shots, of which only a few landed this time. When the Tempests noted water in the duo's general area, they started pounding off there--but only after their targets disappeared into the forest.

I started this segment a few days ago, and I've been working on it on and off, but I didn't get much more done. I'll just post now and do more later if I get the chance (I do have a few more paragraphs in M8Clips).

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:13 am

Belisaurius and Duxburian had gained control of the whole bunker. Word soon spread of the change in command and veteran officers gladly switched allegiences, remembering Belisaurius. Their men followed; they didn't care as long as they still got paid.

Duxburian gave the men new armbands: one bearing the Militia insignia, the other of the Tempest Squadron. This way, he hoped that these troops would not be confused as enemies. However, there was a whole island out there which did not know of the change in command. He would have to act fast before friendly forces attacked the Tempests on the island. Otherwise, all this would have been for nothing.

Earlier in the day, they had recieved a greeting from Alex, safe on the West Island. He then shut down the special Tempest radio frequency. They had no way of communicating to other Tempest Bases on the island.

"Well, we are going to have to visit each base ourselves." sighed Duxburian. He turned to Belisaurius, "You should stay here to coordinate our strategy against Alex's Tempests. I will go to bring the news to the bases. First up is that big one with 160 or so men in it. I do hope no one has started an attack on them."

As Duxburian left, he swore at not having any normal radios anywhere.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:05 am

Jo began: "Right, the blimp is probably going to land west of lake Newfield. Thus the flyby is going to occur over 1 and 8. We are currently, more or less at 6. Team 1 can handle target 1, so we have to hit the target at 8.

We cannot approach in the helicopter. So, I need me and David on the ground on the outskirts of 6. We will acquire a vehicle, as the Land Rover is flagged on their network. We can use it again when the network goes down."

Jo and David landed with an array of weapons. More than was practical to fight with, but they would load most of it into a vehicle.

They moved into to town, and stopped at the first array of garages.

They could either pick locks or...

Jo hefted the sledgehammer they brought from the land rover, and started smashing locks off the doors.

"Pitiful. Not worth it."

She smashed off a few more locks - and found herself staring at a street racer's garage.

"Sweet Merciful crap... Nissan Skyline, Vspec II, R34. And, judging by the parts boxes on the walls, there's a lot bolted to the engine. We're not going to beat that."

She pulled out a small radio box. This was originally intended to be a pyrotechnics arming box, but was accidentally tuned to the frequency most cars used for their locking systems.
Police sirens could suddenly be heard. Jo turned the key on the box, and the locks on the Skyline disengaged - as did several other locks on cars down the street.
Loading the rear seats with their weapons, Jo levered the ignition out of its socket. With a few quick cuts and twists of wire, the engine roared into life.

She gunned the engine, dropped the clutch, and sped out of the garage as the police cars turned into the road.

"We've got a chase to deal with."

Now, David was the better driver, but Jo was the one who could disable the security, so she was driving here.

*cue long chase in next segment*
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

leprekan

Post by leprekan » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:58 pm

Holy crap. this is still around? I'm so proud :D I remember back in the day, when the super soaker RP was something new and unusual... haha. You people rock.

In the meantime (this is me joining)--

Having caught wind of a massive water war going on nearby, Sean tries to locate the event. No sign of water warfare, but he does see a tuner-style car zoom by; pursued by the police. Despite every pang of logic, he can't shake the idea that he caught a glimpse of a few water guns in the car. "weird," he thinks to himself.

EDIT by SilentGuy: I added the bold tags for you.
Last edited by Silence on Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added the bold tags
Need a wallpaper? custom web graphics? a new logo? I'm your man.

http://Seanml.skinbase.org

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:37 am

Jo slammed the gears up to fourth, carefully manipulating the shift.

The police couldn't keep up with the Skyline, but there were more of them - so this wasn't going to be easy nonetheless.

A car cut in from the right. Jo quickly took note of this, and chose a turn up ahead.

David searched across the back seat. Picking up Cerberus, he checked the pressure gauge, and pulled a magazine from the ammo box.

Sliding the magazine home, he took careful aim. With a quick shot, he knocked out the front right tyre on the nearest police car, which veered off course and collided with a road sign.

David checked - both officers seemed to be fine.

Jo reached her turn, and dropping down two gears, she slid round it.

"Damn it!" - Another car was following now, but the driver and all the passengers were obviously in Tempest uniform. This car was obviously faster, and judging by the facts, was probably kept specially for events such as this.

The Tempest started firing at the Skyline. David had no issue about stopping this car and it's passengers. Drawing Pegasus out, he took aim.

A slight bump in the road disturbed his aim, but the projectile ripped down the upper right side of the car, shattering the front window, and mangling the doors, and part of the frame. Two tempest were eliminated by this hit.

The radio that David had tuned to the police frequency gave a quick report.

"All ground units, break off from the pursuit of the Blue Nissan Skyline. An armed aerial unit is being brought in"

Jo swore. That was the last thing they needed.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:52 pm

Name: kyle
Height: 5'
Weight: 87.5lbs
Appearance/Clothing: urban camo grey
Physical characteristics: skinny long hair back is past neck front is almost to chin sides are in the middle
Personality/mental characteristics: humerus does not get along to well with strickly serious people lazy but in good shape from tae kwon do
Skills/Strengths: acurate from airsoft after ajusting to a stream from a bb quiet runs reasonably fast wouldn't do as well with track people can pick locks if crummy ie stick a pocket knife in there and push on the door
Weaknesses: too short to shoot over tall things
Main weapon: blazer
Backup weapon: water cannon
Last resort weapon: cricket and balloons
Other gear: back pack pocket knife
Has access to:
History/Alliances: none need one though
General Information: likes to shoot high volumes of water at people
Team: none as siad above would like one
Vehicles: go-kart possibly armed bike
Last edited by kylemw9 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:54 am

heres my storywakes up and says ow my head and remembers what happened sitting on the pow transport and hearing thuds sees his half of the plane ripping of from the rest and wakes up on the ground and decides to get up and look around the wreckage and finds his entire armory from when he was captured intac what luck soon decides to get moving and figers if I walk in one direction ill get somewere and starts walkingI know my grammar is horrible I am thirteen so give me some credit.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:39 am

I can accept bad grammar for a while, but eventually you'll have to improve it.

I've corrected it below - if you want to re-write your post then the below is what I think you meant. "POW" is best capitalised. "pow" seems to incidate sound.

Please - talk about yourself in the third person so "he" rather than "I" - "I" changes between users, and will get confusing.
Grammar correction wrote: Heres my story:

Kyle woke up and the first thing he said was:

"Ow - my head"

He remembers what happened sitting on the POW transport and hearing thuds. He sees his half of the plane ripping off from the rest.

Waking up on the ground, he decides to get up and look around the wreckage - And finds his entire armory from when he was captured - intact. What luck.

He soon decides to get moving and figures if that if he walks in one direction he'll get somewere and starts walking.

Finally - I do not accept "pocket knife" as a last resort weapon - please change it to a soaker related item.

Jo brought the car round a corner. The police sirens were fading.

"You'll need to go cross-country. Head for the dirt road leading out of here."

Jo nodded. David was looking around wildly, and suddenly pointed.

"There. We need to move fast."

Jo guessed that that was the helicopter. Bringing the car up a gear, she prepared to evade the helicopter.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:49 am

Sorry about the pocket knife that was supposed to go in gear oops.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:12 pm

Heres my story:

Kyle woke up and the first thing he said was:

"Ow - my head"

He remembers what happened sitting on the POW transport and hearing thuds. He sees his half of the plane ripping off from the rest.

Waking up on the ground, he decides to get up and look around the wreckage - And finds his entire armory from when he was captured - intact. What luck.

He soon decides to get moving and figures if that if he walks in one direction he'll get somewere and starts walking.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:23 pm

Three days later. Suddenly Kyle hears a large crash about ten yards away and goes to see what it is. He then walks eight yards and sees two tempests facing the opposite direction. Kyle then aims the Blazer and fires two quick tap shots to each head before they even knew what hit them. I think this one had better grammer. I used microsoft word grammer/ spelling check

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:55 pm

Far better, but your tenses still seem to be a little muddled. You seem to be writing in the present tense, rather than the past. Simply, we are writing in third person past.

However, I applaud your use of a grammar check - many users wouldn't bother.

I'll post some more story some other time. I'm trying to think of a good bit.