RP III - Storm Breaker

Post your epic water war tale!
Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:50 pm

It's pretty much over. Some people have valiantly posted on-and-off, but I guess time constraints just started up again with school. I guess there's a reason it's historically culminated, for the most part, in summer.

I'm willing to listen to the idea, though. Nice to see you back.

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:10 pm

by the way, does this have any connection to Alex Rider stormbreaker?

Ill work on my seg.
"It's either you pass and live, or fail and die."
-Deric

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:19 pm

I've never heard of that, but I doubt it. Just the fact that this RP was *supposed* to be the one in which Tempest finally got defeated...thus, Storm Breaker.

CAPTAIN Nate

[no pointless title] [irrelevant smilie removed]

Post by CAPTAIN Nate » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:41 pm

Adhockeykid wrote: a new idea for silentguy and I's part.
[no smilie]

It's "his" and not "I's." [sentence fixed; plus, he was looking for "my"] [smilie removed]

Weird Al Yankovic rocks! [capitalization fixed] [three consecutive smilies removed]

[Plus, the entire post was completely irrelevant, unnecessary, and poorly written.]
Last edited by Silence on Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:52 am

He was referring to a segment that applied to both of us--Adhockeykid and SilentGuy. Sure, the grammar wasn't perfect, but it definitely good enough.

In other words, the "correction" was unnecessary. And the reference to Weird Al isn't really relevant.

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:14 pm

Although he is cool. I just read something about him somewhere...

Still working on the seg.
"It's either you pass and live, or fail and die."
-Deric

CAPTAIN Nate

{no pointless title} {irrelevant smilie removed}

Post by CAPTAIN Nate » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:08 pm

:mad:
SilentGuy wrote:He was referring to a segment that applied to both of us--Adhockeykid and SilentGuy. Sure, the grammar wasn't perfect, but it definitely good enough.
In other words, the "correction" was unnecessary. And the reference to Weird Al isn't really relevant.
{two consecutive smilies removed}

{smilie removed} Okay{,} I get {the fact that} the cor{r}ection is not {a} necessary part. But, what is with you people and the no putting anything that is unrelevant {irrelevant} to this thread thing? :confused:

"I's" isn't even a{n} actual word.
Last edited by CAPTAIN Nate on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:25 pm

We have a whole section called Off Topic for that. Posts which do not stay on topic detract from the quality of the discussion. Throwing random references out there for no reason shows a low level of maturity and lack of respect for internet communities which value intelligent discussion. They are also plain annoying, especially when made in all caps with smileys. Forums which allow that trash are trash, and this isn't one of them.

In addition, SSCentral is a forum with a global membership and is politically neutral. That means your current signature should be changed. Notice my use of the passive subjunctive "should be changed". Image

Edit: Thanks.
Last edited by DX on Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:52 pm

Yes, I've already told you innumerable times to stop using poor grammar and so many smilies. It gets really annoying. Just stop and look at the other posts here and see why we're singling you out. IMO, if anybody is old enough--hopefully 13--and mentally and physically able to join a forum, then he should be possible to post properly.

Furthermore, yes, I do know that "I's" is not a word. But neither are "corection," "unrelevant," and other words that you've used. Plus, grammar is also an issue.

At any rate, perhaps it's time to put this RP to rest. Activity has been low on it and school now ensures that very little further activity is possible.
Last edited by Silence on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CAPTAIN Nate

Post by CAPTAIN Nate » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:11 pm

Fine. I give up you guys win for now. But, I will be back!! :cool:

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:28 pm

It wasn't a contest at all, so I guess that was just joking. We're just trying to point out what we like to see here at the forums. You're always welcome to post!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:43 pm

Yeah, the name was all to do with defeating the Tempest.

I later realised the correlation, but it's conciedental.

If people want to get this going again for a short while with an aim to getting a conclusion so that it's "done and dusted", then I think that's good.

I have a seg that was waiting until someone else got involved. I'll post that.

I still need to finish the stuff for WWc's RP. I'll search the files out on my computer.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:14 pm

I'm sorry I didn't follow through with my parts in this RP. I liked the first RP quite a bit. If there is another one coming this year, I promise I will be a stable part throughout it.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:05 pm

Practically all of us tapered off with our contributions. There are plans for one at waterwarfare.com, and maybe a summer one here.

I'm not going to bother with massively long segments again...

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:18 pm

No, me either. In fact, there should be a set limit on how long it should be before its started so it doesnt drag on too long, but not so short that people can't get in their creative thoughts.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups