RP III - Storm Breaker

Post your epic water war tale!
powersurge919

Post by powersurge919 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:54 am

that will be in my seventh story post. tenth maybe when
tiger9 comes back so Ive got a plan here.

by the way the abanndond town is secure as a base for now.
{ARMOURY:}
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:46 pm

thank you because the first part was confusing to me(i guess it's like watching episode VI of star wars without watching anything else)

They didn't know what they were doing there. Someone had told them that a large water war had been going on around these islands, so they flew over from the mainland. Now, a group of 6 11 year old kids were stuck on an island with materials sufficient to have a water gun fight, and $150 for each kid. No homemades, just some stock guns and a modded SS Vaporizer for each kid. Suddenly, they saw a group of people up ahead. "Who are you? We are lost!" Dell cried out.
"We are Tempest. if you want to join us, you must pass some tests."
"What kind of tests?"
"Water gun tests.
"Okay, we'll go."
"Follow us."
So they went to the tempest base. Suddenly, Dell realized, "the person told me not to join the tempest!" But if I learn more about their base..." So they took the test, and being able to beat anyone in New Jersey, they all passed. The team studied the base very carefully. They also saw where they were positioned on a map by looking at the terrain. Then, they had to go out. On their way, they sneaked out of the Tempest group, and of to the nearest town.
Last edited by Adhockeykid on Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's either you pass and live, or fail and die."
-Deric

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:17 pm

what are the water gun fighting rules? and here's a flashback:

FlashBack
Battlegroup Canadia had beaten everyone in Jersey, or at least, everyone that fought them. A man walks up to them and says, "Wow. you guys are good. There's a huge water war going on in the Islands. You should go out there. Just don't join Tempest. By the way, my name's SilentGuy." And with that, he left.
-Deric

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:31 pm

"Did anyone see a man with water guns go into a house?" Dell called.
"Number 128," someone replied.
"Thank you!"
Canadia went to 128 and knocked. The door opened slowly, and Dell saw SilentGuy."You came!" SilentGuy said.
"Yeah, can we come in?"
"Sure."
"Okay, we have some modded guns, but we need to learn how to do some more mods, repairs, and learn how to make homemades."
"Sure. Follow me."
SilentGuy taught them how to make a basic homemade, some good mods, and lots of repairs.
"SilentGuy."
"Yeah?"
"We joined the Tempest. I remembered what you said, but I wanted to learn about their base."
"Right?"
"Then we snuck away, but we have a map with the base on it. Look."

Last edited by Adhockeykid on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Deric

powersurge919

Post by powersurge919 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:40 pm

Adhockeykid wrote:
SilentGuy taught them how to make a basic homemade, some good mods, and lots of repairs.
"SilentGuy."
"Yeah?"
"We joined the Tempest. I remembered what you said, but I wanted to...

that is a mistake weve all made before. try not to press the [enter] key while posting it just makes it harder to read and understand.
{ARMOURY:}
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:42 pm

What? That is the way you are supposed to do quotations.
-Deric

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:21 pm

Yes, that is the standard method of quoting people in literature. You don't see statements said by different people in the same paragraphs, though since parsing won't let you put tabs before paragraphs, we should all have two spaces between each paragraph.

Thanks for helping out, Lightbulb41...now you can go and help powersurge (lightbulb, powersurge... :p ). You said that Blitzkreig will have 90 FPS...but according to SciTools on my TI-83 Plus (yes, I'm lazy), that's only about 6 MPH. The Douchenator gets 141 MPH with 3" balloons, and the 6" balloons will carry only 8 times more mass (scalar of 2^3)...so you're not going to have any power at all. However, I'm glad to see that you've realized that APWLs (or water balloon launchers) > slingshots.

Adhockeykid, you can just edit your old post to add new segments of the story to your old one. It's somewhat hard to read three different posts, but I like your layout. By the way, a set of plumbing tools might be around $40, and you can get the stuff for a homemade as cheaply as $30--so with one set of PVC tools for the whole team, you can make a ton of homemades. Believe it or not, no matter how much skill you have, you can't beat a decent person who has homemades with only Vaporizers--they can knock you unconscious long before they get in range of your Vaporizers. By the way, there aren't too many rules--just soak each other, but the weapons are allowed to have exaggerated power--easily enough to knock a person unconscious. Also, the RM and Waterbridge are extremely hardcore teams from New Jersey, so neither you nor I should say that we're the best :D ...

SilentGuy inspected the exterior of FireTruck, happily noting the absence of scratches. He had been extremely annoyed when he had discovered that all the tires had been pulled off and the truck bed cover partly so, but there seemed to be no permanent damage. He finally finished securing the last wheel, and then called out, "Okay, Chris, we can start loading up FireTruck again. Even if it turns out that we can stay here at Jordan's house, I don't want to risk his getting hold of all our equipment if he does turn out bad after all. We'll just bring everything back if we need to." For the next half hour, SilentGuy and Chris were busy loading up the truck. Soon enough, everything had been readied, and SilentGuy decided to charge up the vehicle anyway. They had some time to waste, so he made sure the charge rate was low and that there was no chance of a power failure.

[Six Hours Later]
Jordan was still out, so it was decided that AquaTech would leave and look for Luke. They could always come back just to interview Jordan and get some information out of him if necessary. SilentGuy detailed, "Chris, you get in the front. I'm weak at driving, and you know it, so I'll just man FireHose. At this point, it's more important to keep FireHose ready than for me to simply navigate. If you need help with the directions, I'll come up, but if we have to fight, just keep on making passes at the enemy. Don't even think about stopping FireTruck and firing from the sunroof--we have a tremendous advantage by being able to move quickly.

SilentGuy had spent quite a bit of time arranging the arsenal in FireTruck--he wasn't used to having only two members. As always, he tried to leave enough guns in the truckbed for easy access while defending or starting an assault, but not so many that the enemy could easily get their hands on them. The SPCs [originally HPCs] made a welcome return to the arsenal, and SilentGuy left them in a few piles at the edges of the truckbed--they were both perfect and necessary for defence against multiple attackers. He dumped the 17K, the 21K, and even one of the better Temper IIs on the front passenger seat--the AquaTech homemades, being the only other competent soakers, all required backpacks and were thus unusable for somebody who was driving. SilentGuy left out the nonlinear PCgH, an SC sidearm, and the APWL for his own use; all the other soaker were simply left in the back bench seat of the cab, as they were useless at this point. The linear PCgH and the HPH were basically useless for him, as they took too long to pressurize and because FireHose could easily beat them in terms of range. SilentGuy knew that FireHose could dominate if cavalry tactics were utilized, but its size alone would not scare away enemies who would advance and surround the bed if the truck was stopped.

Chris set out along the long driveway, while SilentGuy intently focused on the surroundings. SilentGuy dialed Lightbulb41's cell phone number into his Treo 700w, and left a message requesting arial aid in locating Luke. He knew Lightbulb41 didn't answer because he must have been piloting his helicopter, and that he'd be too busy to search, but there is never anything wrong with trying. SilentGuy suddenly jumped out of the cab, coming out of his fall with a roll to reduce impact and landed in a crouch. A group of kids--young but clearly experienced ones, really--had just arrived at the front door of Jordan's house. SilentGuy jogged up to them as they stared in amazement at FireTruck. "Hey, what's up?"

SilentGuy raised an eyebrow as one of the kids, obviously the leader, handed him a card. "Our team's called Canadia," the kid informed SilentGuy. "My name's Dell." SilentGuy learned that Team Canadia had gone undercover into the Tempest ranks, and SilentGuy then vaguely remembered telling some people not to as he arrived at the docks. Dell handed SilentGuy a map of the island, complete with Tempest HQ markings, and SilentGuy found Jordan's copier and made a copy for himself.

SilentGuy noticed that the kids were amazed by the marks that his water guns had razed into the wall, and offered to show them his entire armory. Chris had parked the pickup by the sidewalk far in front of the house, and SilentGuy explained all the technology he implemented--all the way to the narrow 3/8" inch pump he used to fill the thick PC of his HPH
(change of plans--the HPH is a CPS weapon now, not a PCgH) and get 105 feet of range. "Basically, to build a homemade, you just get several lengths of PVC and some PVC fittings, and then glue everything together. It's pretty simple. If you want, I can take you to the local Lowes, especially since I've been wanting to get some stuff myself. We'll also get some lamination done for the maps, so they won't get soaked."

Four of the Battlegroup Canadia members piled into FireTruck's cab, while Dell and Colin clambered into the truck bed with SilentGuy. SilentGuy took one of the map copies into the back, and asked Dell, "Where should we go next? I don't feel too safe or helpful here in Alsted, so we should go somewhere where we can hide out and get some water fights. There's Helna, but even though it's easy to hide with all the tourists there, there won't be much to do. Cowfield seems a bit creepy, but it looks like Newfield will have a lot of fun stuff to do." SilentGuy paused for a moment, thinking, before he heard his Treo ring in the middle of the loud highway traffic.

SilentGuy answered, and then raised his eyebrows. Excitedly, he stood up and shouted into the cab's sunroof, "Chris! It's Luke! He says he's safe, he's wondering what's been happening, and he says that since we have FireTruck back, we should pick him up. He's only about half a mile away from us at this point, but it's a pretty dark and unpopulated part of the city. It'll be a simple rescue and extraction mission, so there will be some intense fighting, but once we get him, we'd better get out of there quickly. Here are the directions..." SilentGuy turned back to Dell and Colin and asked, "You guys up for a fight?"

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:57 pm

and being able to beat anyone in New Jersey

I wouldn't be too sure about that. 6 11 year olds wouldn't be able to beat my hardcore veteran team of 20+ high schoolers with the most powerful arsenal of any organized water war team in history... :p New Jersey is home to the 3rd and 4th most hardcore teams in the US, both of high school age, so good luck...

I have to go on errands now, will be back in an hour or two to post another segment of story...what happened to keeping this RP quasi-realistic? :rolleyes:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:41 pm

I have no idea where the realism went - or when for that matter.

I'm going to try and keep my segments within semi-reality.

It might be possible to hurl a water balloon 1/2 a mile (2540 feet) but it would not be useable at short range - the balloon would probably shred itself the launcher weren't built for it.

90 FPS is very low (I make it 12 mph...) My launchers [not for water balloons, but for grapes/AA batteries/etc.] chuck things at 150 to 250 mph. I have put AA batteries to 200 mph - (enough to go clean through a 1" plank of wood)

Lightbulb41, as I am the only female character in this RP, what are you asking?

Jo and David had seen an officer - not that high, but enough to know what was going on. It was a bit dissappointing - Jo had hoped to speak to Duxburian, but he wasn't available at that instant.

"Stop!" said David, blocking Jo from going forward. He pointed at a glint in the forest.

"Oh...", was all Jo could manage to say before a water balloon flew out of the forest at high speed.

In a motion so incredibly fast, eyes couldn't follow, from a pocket in his coat, David drew a massive knife Jo didn't even know he had. Slicing down through the air, it split the water balloon in two.

"Get down!"
Last edited by joannaardway on Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:52 pm

did you read the part where it says at least everyone that fought them?

"Sure," Dell replied as they drove off to meet the enemy.

and also, can someone explain how to make a homemade simply?
-Deric

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:42 pm

My launchers [not for water balloons, but for grapes/AA batteries/etc.] chuck things at 150 to 250 mph. I have put AA batteries to 200 mph - (enough to go clean through a 1" plank of wood)
Funny, I make the same for the same reason: to shoot AA batteries. I shot some at my aunt's beach house in Shelter Island to show my cousins. My dad was impressed, although he gave me that "You can't shoot those in Ridgewood" look. The batteries rocketed out from in the barrel to out over the bay in under 2 seconds. I didn't have a chance to shoot at something, but they would easily take off shingles, smash glass windows on both sides of a room, and go through/lodge in a wood fence. I've also shot marbles, one of which lodged in a neighbor's fence down the street [shhhhhhh....! ;) ]

The whole morning had passed without incident. The men continued working on the fortifications, while Duxburian and the other officers were dicussing a new plan.

"If we pool money and sell off our excess weapons, we may be able to purchase several trucks from a lumber yard about 3 miles from here. Now, when we have the trucks, we will be able to move around the island and set up mobile bases rather than having to dig in like here. The sooner the better."

Charlie stood up. "I'll go collect the money and bring our extra weapons into town right now. The enemy probably knows we are here by now, so it would be smart to get out soon."
"Ok, good luck."

Charlie left the tent with a few other officers.

Just then, General Zee walked in. "Duxburian, Jo and her team have made it here, they want to see you personally."

"I might as well go now, ok then, everyone's dismissed."

Duxburian left the tent and made his way toward the main entrance, when the sound of artillery from the right ripped through the quiet forest.

"Get down!"

Men scrambled to the right-side trench with artillery and pumped up their guns. The first artillery volley was made in deafening unison. That would keep the enemy quiet for a while. Duxburian moved some men to watch the left, just in case some stupid enemies planned on rambo-ing them after scaling the rather steep cliff.

After about 15 minutes of utter silence, the enemy artillery woke up again, this time the initial guy had brought plenty of his buddies. However, they were shooting high, mainly hitting trees beyond the camp. Militia firepower and numbers easily humbled the Tempest attackers. When three had the courage to come into view, they were thrown back by nearly forty separate water balloons.

However, the enemy refused to leave, and was getting noticably larger. However, they still lacked enough soldiers to assualt the earthworks directly, and were confined to artillery fired from behind trees.

Afternoon turned to evening, with the artillery duel still raging.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:46 am

adhockykid don't be god modding (controlling other players) unless you are currently in their zone and they imply that they want their charecter to be controlled. To date you haven't given us a position on the main map and you have been completely random with your Rping... Also you can say you are the best in Jersey but are you the best in PA? That doesn't mean much considering your only 11. I'm almost 16 and There are people that have more experience than me.. So I think that you can't be consiered the best in Jersey...

Josh

Josh flew around in his helicopter searching for wreckage of the small aircraft. He beamed his spot on ground searching for any debris trail. He saw some people but He didn't fire because he wasn't sure that the people enemy... It was morning now He had come upon the wreckage of the plane but found that the group searching for him had found him... It was still somwhat dark He had been looking for hours. His helicopter still had enough juice to light up New York city So he wasn't in bad shape there but Oh was he so hungry... The closest base was Joanna's it acutally was a dug in base a perfect landing site for a helicopter... Maybe he could design a magnetic launcher 20 times more powerfull than the Blitzkreig... That was a dream...
Josh flew over towards their base as he approched the base it was morning he saw that there were artillary was firing at the base.

"Oh CRAP!"

He said as a waterballoon almost hit his tail. He dodged that and started firing the Bitzkreig. It was hard to hit individual people but He had been able to idenify the largest of the lanchers including a few designs from his batallion. He had to attack fast All people in his Squad had a Slingshot artillary piece The 2 only larger things were the Douchenator and The Blitzkreig. He needed to make sure none of those guns were able to hit him then he rememberd in the design.
None could be fired at more than a 45 degree angle so that they couldn't fire straight upward.
He flew over with the Blitzkreig firing shells into the enemy. It blew the crap out of the launchers. Suddently a remaining launcher clipped him in the tail. The tail started to break apart with loud crackleing sounds coming from the shorted out moter. He had to land fast. He landed on the wall destroing in but in an upright position. He shut the moter down. He whipped out his CPS 3000 unmodded and Charged out of his helicopter.

quick recap...

The found tiger9 and flew to help Joanna's group but was shot down. I destroyed the wall in the progress of landing. (oops!) I am ready as a troop to fight on the defence of the base.
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

Adhockeykid

Post by Adhockeykid » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:51 am

all i did was have him show me how to make homemades. and watch the grammar.
who cares about PA? i said i beat everyone i fought. only them, which is a lot of teams though. besides, who cares whether or not we're 11?
-Deric

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:52 am

joannaardway wrote:I have no idea where the realism went - or when for that matter.

I'm going to try and keep my segments within semi-reality.

It might be possible to hurl a water balloon 1/2 a mile (2540 feet) but it would not be useable at short range - the balloon would probably shred itself the launcher weren't built for it.

90 FPS is very low (I make it 12 mph...) My launchers [not for water balloons, but for grapes/AA batteries/etc.] chuck things at 150 to 250 mph. I have put AA batteries to 200 mph - (enough to go clean through a 1" plank of wood)

Lightbulb41, as I am the only female character in this RP, what are you asking?

Jo and David had seen an officer - not that high, but enough to know what was going on. It was a bit dissappointing - Jo had hoped to speak to Duxburian, but he wasn't available at that instant.

"Stop!" said David, blocking Jo from going forward. He pointed at a glint in the forest.

"Oh...", was all Jo could manage to say before a water balloon flew out of the forest at high speed.

In a motion so incredibly fast, eyes couldn't follow, from a pocket in his coat, David drew a massive knife Jo didn't even know he had. Slicing down through the air, it split the water balloon in two.

"Get down!"

fps means that if feet per second. I'm going to post a topic in homemade water cannons about this gun... The design follows a pressure system that can be increased or decreased to suit the needs of the launcher. I will post the mathmatics for this gun... (I spent the time to do the calculations for this :) ) you will like it... It will prove my gun is UBER!

By the way 88 feet per second is 60 miles per hour...

Don't ask about my weakness we need more female members on the RP or NPCs... (non player charecters)
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:56 am

besides, who cares whether or not we're 11?
It matters when the best teams in the state are 15-19 and have 20+ members instead of 6. Weaponry also matters, we have 7 homemades, over 10 power-modded guns, over 20 CPS guns, pneumatic artillery, and water launchers. The Ridgewood Militia is at the height of its power this season, still undefeated against our enemies. The most powerful team arsenal in soaking history, an undefeated record against a difficult hardcore enemy, and the best tech north of Maryland qualifies us for the top spot in the state in my mind. :rolleyes:

The battle was a stand-off. Then, without warning, a helicopter came out of nowhere and began firing at the enemies. Not sure whether this was a friend or an enemy, Duxburian did not order fire on it. He assumed it was not an enemy since the gunners on board were taking aim at the Tempests in the forest. They had some powerful gun on board, for they were dishing out some real damage. Then, he saw the helicopter get clipped in the tail and start coming down.

"WATCH OUT!"

Militia jumped away as the helicopter came crashing into the wall. The pilot seemed to be ok, Duxburian couldn't tell if anyone else was inside. The enemy had withdrawn and the woods fell silent.

But before he could restore order, enemy artillery opened up again. Evidently, only the largest cannons were hit, with the smaller ones sheltered by thick groves of trees.

Gesturing at some defenders, Duxburian shouted, "This is ridiculous, I want you ten to come with me, we are going to flank them and end this." Quickly, the group ran to the rear, out the gate, and slowly circled around to the edge of the woods on the enemy's right flank.

Douchenators loaded, they got down and crawled to a position within sight of the enemies. There were a lot more than it appeared from the fort. Duxburian signaled to the others to spread out in a line. They were to open fire one by one, and far enough apart so that it would seem like they were a larger force.

5 minutes went by. Making sure the Tempests were focused on the battle, Duxburian gave his trademark attack hand signal. He opened up first, and the line rang with shots. He took another shot with his MS Douchenator, then another, than yelled "CHARGE!" at the top of his voice. The Militia battle cry rose to a high pitch and they charged, dropping the artillery with guns in hand. The stunned Tempests took to their heels. The group managed to hit several, with the rest wasting no time getting out of there.

With the forest completely silent, Duxburian now motioned to the group to get out, in case the enemy came back. He emerged from the forest waving an orange flag, a signal of friendly troops. They rushed out and headed for the safety of the fort.