RP III - Storm Breaker

Post your epic water war tale!
Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 15, 2006 9:21 pm

So, what do you guys want to have happen? Should Luke disappear like FireTruck did, or not? I guess you'll just have to find out, though I'm always open to suggestions...

SilentGuy was mad. Really, really, mad. Whoever nabbed FireTruck could be anywhere, running down even the fastest cars, washing away scores of people with FireHose, or filling hundreds of HPCs using the automatic filling station--but at least the Portege was safe, with all its security and passwords. In fact, it had been locked with a cord in the security slot to FireTruck itself, so that, at least, was safe. The question was, who could have stolen FireTruck? Even if they had broken the glass (or entered a several billion different entry codes until they found the right one or watched somebody type in the key), they couldn't possibly have even started the vehicle. There had been no alarm, and yet more codes were needed--and it was nearly impossible to open the dash and hotwire the vehicle.

Acting through instinct, SilentGuy shouldered his three best weapons (including the ITWC), and Chris did the same. After some thought, SilentGuy gave the Douchenator normally used by Luke to Chris; it could be useful now, and if they came across Luke (who had disappeared about half an hour before), an extra weapon could be used well. The two warriors left all their HPCs behind, as without anything to pump them up with, they just added extra weight. SilentGuy made a mental note to switch his ITWC with Luke's Douchenator sometime, as Luke didn't have any HPCs or a SuperCharger sidearm and could use a wave-type weapon.

Jordan's unexpected arrival at AquaTech's room caused SilentGuy, whose nerves were already on edge, to drop the SuperCharger he was fitting. The PVC made a deep clang as it hit the ground, and the sound resounded for at least 5 seconds. Jordan commented, "Hey, it's just me. What's wr"--

Chris interjected, "Why did that soaker make such a loud sound? I thought your single-story house was on solid ground!"

Jordan continued, "Oh, that's just the garage downstairs--there aren't any other rooms there, though the garage is huge and has a ton of high-tech stuff in it. By the way, I moved FireTruck there, seeing as it would be safe in a thick-walled steel vault like my things are. It's actually a cool place, and I was just going to ask you guys if you wanted to see what's in it. I also thought you might need FireTruck today, if you're going anywhere..." By now, the normally observant guy had finally caught SilentGuy's dumbfounded expression. "Why, what's the matter?"

SilentGuy was mad, yet again. "You had FireTruck all along? We've been looking for it this whole time, and we don't even know where Luke is, because he went around the front to look for FireTruck and we haven't seen him since!" SilentGuy paused and glared at Jordan for a while until he managed to calm himself. "The fact is, Luke is missing, and for some reason--maybe poor reception, or worse--he isn't answering his cell phone."

Jordan appeared to be thinking for a moment before he realized what was happening. "Quick, get out of the window! Get down!"

EDIT: I'm expanding this segment, mainly because it isn't the best place to stop.

"Don't worry," Jordan continued after a while, "they can't get us--not now, at any rate. We're safe for the present." Another long pause built up the uneasiness. Finally, Jordan spoke again: "There was this team up in Highfield
(point 7) who reported that their contact's house had been broken into--it was the whole works, with a broken door and defenestration. The team, team 7 I believe, reported the incident on their phone, and said they had no choice but to go in. We don't know what happened after that, though it's definite that they were forced off the road before that, buying time for the attackers to get to the house first. Team 7 should be fine, but the fact is, no place seems to be safe." Once again, Jordan stopped talking for a while, but this time he risked a quick glance over the windowsill. "You've got your weapons with you right now, I see. Are they fully loaded?"

SilentGuy responded, "Yeah...except the HPCs. We can fill those up now that we know where the filling station is..." SilentGuy elbowed Jordan and grinned.

"No, I can't risk letting you guys into the garage--actually, it's more like a high-tech room
(I need a new name for this place, so can you guys give me some suggestions?). If they storm this house now, we can't let them know about that place, and we definitely can't have the door to it unlocked and open when they come. Sorry." Jordan looked sincerely apologetic. It seemed like he wanted to unleash FireHose's potential himself, too, and Chris probably wouldn't mind. He was the second-best driver, so whenever Luke was gone, Chris commandeered FireTruck.

"Well, the least I can do is offer you at least a couple soakers for now. Let's see, what do we have left? Luke isn't here, and he doesn't have his weapons, so I can offer you his nonlinear PCgH--it's pretty battle practical, as it takes only a few pumps to get a ton of performance--and his backup 21K, which is very good for its siz"--

Jordan cut in, "How many balloons?" After seeing the blank stares that were shot at him, he repeated, "How many balloons?"

Chris asked incredulously, "You know what a K-mod is?"

Jordan added, "Of course! I won't say I'm a veteran, but I'm a pretty good soaker hobbyist. I don't hang out at SSC or SM, though...that's one of the things I wanted to show you downstairs, my arsenal. It's pretty good, because wars are hosted on North Island all the time--just not of this scale. Now, back to my question; how many balloons did Luke use in the K-mod? I don't need more than 50 12" ones, as I find that really cuts down the PC size, and if you've done the nozzle mod, the riot shot can empty a smaller PC quite quickly."

SilentGuy continued (fortunately he, at least, was still intently focused on the problem at hand), "Don't worry about that--AquaTech only uses 9" balloons, 11" if we have to. Sure, they need to be replaced often because they're stretched so much, but the extra performance is really worth it. Anyway, can you deal with those two weapons? You could also take one of mine or Chris's, as we're each carrying more than four, and I, at least, wouldn't mind unloading a soaker or two."

"Sure, I'll take something...how about the ITWC? You guys get the homemade SCs, so I'll take something that's best used without extra weight on one arm. This is what we'll do to repel the enemy forces..." Jordan's plan unfolded over the next half hour, and then AquaTech and he waited for the enemies' attack...

The current status of weapons is this:
SilentGuy: linear PCgH, sidearm SC, Douchenator
Jordan: nonlinear PCgH, 21K, ITWC
Chris: 17K, sidearm SC, Blastmaster 660

Well, I'm finally getting to the action, folks...for the next installment, I'll post my map of Jordan's house and there will be a really sweet fight. I've got certain scenes of the fight in my head, but I still have to come up with an appropriate ending for the battle...
Last edited by Silence on Tue May 16, 2006 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue May 16, 2006 9:32 am

"Would you please enlighten me as to why we are so important?" said Jo.

"Fair enough - You have no chance of escape. You and your team are the greatest threat to our high commander - thus you go down first"

Moving silently behind the Tempest offical, David brought the sledgehammer he was carrying back behind his head.

"You're going down!", he screamed as he brought the weapon in a long arc, smashing the Tempest's legs out from under him.

Whirling it back, he splintered the 21K apart, as it came round to point at him.

With a firm kick to the temple from Jo's steel toe capped boots, the enemy was unconsious.

"His legs are broken.", Jo noticed.

"I'm not surprised - this is a 22lb sledge. Tungsten steel head. Very heavy, very dense. Anyway, we've got to eliminate him regardless of his legs."

"Get out any of our kit. Get what paperwork you can, and then we'll raze this place."

Loading the Land rover, Jo went back in.

Raiding the cleaning cupboard for general chemicals, she mixed an assortment of them in the sink, and ran.

As she neared the car, the house was blasted apart by a loud explosion.

"Nitroglycerine. If not cooled when it's being made, it just goes off." (Do not ask me why I know how to make nitroglycerine - I just do, and I'm not telling you how to)

Driving off, they started the search for a new operation base. One that the Tempest couldn't know about.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 16, 2006 5:50 pm

And a question that needs answering... Why are they going for Team 7 - a 2 person team, rather than a stronger one? (They must have a reason for it)

They obviously have a stronger force here than I had originally planned - not a problem, it's everybody's RP.

OOC: It took them a while to find out about the Militia support team 1. Therefore the assault comes an hour too late.

The information is vague enough that you can still tone things down quite easily if you wish. I thought it would be interesting to have the third RP be a bit more dramatic.

IC: Passing over the top of a hill, a new fire coming from Leighton[4] could be seen in the rearview mirrors. Based on the positioning, it appeared to be coming from the warehouse complex.

"Thank God we got out there..." thought Duxburian. "There might be hundreds of enemies in that town now."

----------

The convoy rolled into Highfield[7]. The locals appeared to be rather surprised to see that many vehicles and most were gone from the streets within a matter of minutes. Seeing no sign of Team 7, Duxburian decided to set up a new base somewhere. Normally, he would have kept moving, but there are things you can do with 10 men which you can't do with 97.

Exploring down a side street, Duxburian found a deep gorge running along the southern face of Yern mountain. There was a quite steep hill along the south side of the gorge, and this would make a very good position. Hidden from sight of the town by the thick forest, and safer from ambushes than any other terrain he had seen all day.

The jeeps and truck pulled up to this new position and Duxburian gave orders for the construction of walls from whatever materials were lying around. Having 97 men made the process much easier, as they were able to drag up big logs and move large rocks to the edge of their camp, high on the hill. The Militia vehicles were positioned in such a way that they could be used for a fast getaway, in case one was needed. The defensive perimeter was also set up so that it could be defended easily, without gaps in the line or weakly manned spots.

A few of the troops had been sent into town to buy supplies; they returned with shovels as well. This made it possible to construct trenches behind the defensive walls and to pile earth in front of the logs and rocks to protect the walls from artillery impact. Duxburian had read up on his Civil War fortifications, and by the evening, the group had a strong wall nearly 4 feet high and 3 feet wide, complemented by a 2 foot deep trench running the full perimeter.

They settled in to eat, then took up their posts to await possible attack. Another meeting of the commanders saw plans for search and destroy missions from this base for the next day, depending on enemy actions that night, if any.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue May 16, 2006 9:45 pm

Jo and David had found their new base of operations.

They were going to hide out in the woods, sleeping and working from the Land Rover. They had to find certain places to park up each night.

It would have to be a dip - so they wouldn't be visible from the sides, unless they stood on the lip of it. And it would also have to be covered by trees so that they were invisible from the air.

Fortunately, they had found a place like this.

David picked up the radio, looking to talk to someone, but found it to be flat.

"Hewatal", he pronounced - this was his own language that he had made, known only to him, Jo and a few others. I'm not going to bother translating it, because I'd have to censor it anyway.

Plugging it into the 12v socket on the dashboard, the radio sprung to life.

"Hello, this is Team 7. I'm sorry, I have a confession to make - We let the radios go flat, so we've been off the air.

I'm going to give a general update: Our contact is dead, and we've abandoned our former base. We're currently in the forests surrounding Highfield, and ideally need to meet with an allied team."

"Noted. Team 7, we have reports that support team 1 is local to you. It would be possible for you to join them."

"Hell, it's better than here. I'll move out."

Driving off, they headed for the location that they had been given.

A while later, they came in to line of sight of support team 1. Negotiating the terrain, they came closer.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 16, 2006 11:20 pm

joannaardway, I didn't expect this to get to the point of death and other serious injury. Oh well--I guess I'm in this up to my neck, so I'll just continue writing (not that I don't want to).

Why are so few people contributing? It seems somewhat boring with only three teams besides the NPC Tempests (who aren't supposed to be part of the plot too long)...

I'll post my segment for today later...I've got to get the actual tech discussions at SSC dealt with first (priorities, priorities, priorities...).

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed May 17, 2006 7:58 am

Well - I can't "eliminate" people without some injury. I believe that the rules state that a certain amount of injury/death is reasonable.

Close combat needs to be more than a sponge on a stick. Although it would get people wet, it also brings up images of Roman toilets.

And of course, you can't have the evil baddy that gently moistens his enemies - you need a bit more.

Anyway, I'll let someone else post some story before I persist with it.

I think the problem with contributors is, I may have introduced it a bit early. However, our active membership appears to be rising, so I can't be blamed - I haven't been here long enough to know.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 18, 2006 10:47 pm

Okay, this is part of the main (upstairs) story of Jordan's house. It's a bit small, but I'm confident it's enough for a short, small, yet intense skirmish. However, if it's too small for me to pull anything fancy off with, I'll just open up the door leading downstairs or reveal another part of the building. This what you've been waiting for, or at least from me...

"Okay, I've got the APWL, so I'll be the first line of defence when Tempest storms the house. Their first plan should be the average one--basically, to knock down the door. However, upon finding that it is six inches of reinforced steel with a lock mechanism used in the best of bank vaults, they'll have to resort to breaking the windows. I've left the windows' security...um, 'features'...undone--otherwise, if they're good, they'll try slightly more...er, 'unconventional'...methods to get in, which would be futile but damaging. In other words, I'm letting them get through this window, but through this window only," Jordan stated, noting the somewhat apprehensive looks on SilentGuy's and Chris's faces.

He continued, "I'll position myself in the lobby behind the door to my right
(between the bedrooms, the living room, and the stairs), as that will give me the best angle from which I can shoot at the window, while still offering a route for retreat once the PC is empty. Also, since I also hold the nonlinear PCgH--which has more output than your primary soakers do--I'll have a good point to shoot from. Remember, we must hold that doorway at all costs--the lobby connects to all the important rooms we must defend.

"SilentGuy, you'll be guarding the doorway across from the lobby and to our right. It's the only other point that allows shots at the window and that offers some protection, and we need as much coverage as we can get. It'll also help surprise the enemy, who won't expect resistance--especially not from both shielded flanks. You, too, have a decent array of weapons to be used in this situation--the Douchenator can help repel people in such a small space, and your PCgH, along with an SCH as a sidearm, can provide reasonable output. I truly only expect you to use the Douchenator if you're pushed back and must soak the living room, as your other guns are superior in close range and for standard fighting situations.

"Chris, I expect you to cover both SilentGuy's and my backs. I want you to camp out right inside the entrance to my bedroom, as that will allow you to guard along the lines to both the living room and to the right hallway. Naturally, we'll leave all the doors open, so you'll have a perfect view and to prevent the hindering of a possible retreat. Anyway, doors will only slows down, not completely block, the enemy, and they can be closed at any time. You may also move around in the lobby and possibly throughout the rest of the house to back up SilentGuy and me. Trust me, you'll have a more interesting job later, though you can snipe into the living room at the beginning if you want to--just make sure you don't hit me.

"I doubt there will be any more than a score of Tempests--sure, the odds are still against us, but considering our equipment and training, it could be much, much worse. Their biggest wave will be the first; that wave won't be expecting resistance, and they'll probably warn us by hitting the door before the window. However, we'll watch the to see when they charge, and make sure you guys are ready the whole time. The window can allow for the passage of about three well-armed or four lightly-armed water warriors at a time, and we could be expecting up to a dozen of them in total. However, these large numbers will just give us a chance to knock them out quick."

After Jordan's tactical briefing, he and Chris took up their positions, while SilentGuy kept tabs at the window. There was no sign of the Tempest hitmen, though they were clearly somewhere out there--somebody must have "kidnapped" Luke. Sure enough, after about half an hour, three men in partially waterproof jumpsuits suddenly appeared around the corner of the house, and to SilentGuy's left. He whispered a warning to Jordan and Chris, but Jordan told him to stay for another moment or two. Jordan continued, "If they came around that corner of the house, they might be mounting an attack from that direction, too. This means they must know we're here at the moment--though that shouldn't affect the results of the battle too much. Chris, go the porch door in the lobby, right behind me. You should see a very long flight of stair descending to a slope, next to where the garage opening lies. I didn't think Tempest would try attacking from there, but if they know we're here, a flanking attempt would be useful on their part. They could scale the driveway gate down there quite easily, but it'll set off the alarms. Just stay in the middle of the lobby unless you hear the alarms."

Jordan's train of thought was suddenly rattled when the front door shook violently--SilentGuy hadn't checked the window in a while. "Don't worry, they can't break through that. SilentGuy, ignore the window--just forget it for now--and return to your post. The attack will begin shortly." The slam at the door sounded again, and then a long pause followed. SilentGuy crept back to the hallway, leaned the Douchenator against the wall, and starting PreCharging his PCgH, which Jordan had thoughtfully done earlier. Jordan spoke again: "I don't think those guys at the door have left, and if anything, even more have come there. Chris, is anybody near the porch? The security system could have been breached..."

As Chris moved to the door in the lobby, two projectiles crashed into the window, splashing water upon impact. Soon after that, two deep booms were heard in near-perfect unison, followed by the sharp splintering of cracking glass. The booms from a pair of firing Douchenators weren't heard earlier due to the intact soundproof glass, but now, hearing the time separation of the boom and impact, SilentGuy concluded that the Douchenator operators were within twenty yards. It was still a good distance away, but a quick charge would cover that distance in no time at all--and even worse, a group of Tempest warriors were hiding right next to the window. After discovering the bulletproof glass had withstood the impact of the water balloons, albeit with much damage, about five men jumped up from right below the window. Two APHs and several thrown stones smashed the window panes into the house, and five other people tumbled inside. SilentGuy had been waiting for Jordan to open fire, especially since Jordan was the only visible defender--however, Jordan did not unleash his payload yet, instead signalling SilentGuy to stay back. Soon enough, as four more bodies appeared at the window, Jordan opened the metal ball valve of the APWL. Jordan kept the kick of the weapon under control, yet the force of the water wave was enough to knock back the four people at the window and one of the people inside who was painfully getting up. SilentGuy took the cue, jumping from his corner with his PCgH blazing with a riot blast, knocking down another invader. However, he drew back as the other two pointed their formidable APHs at him.

"SilentGuy, use the Douchenator! Fire it near the main entrance!" Jordan noticed the two attackers who were still up heading towards the main door, probably intending to open it. While that didn't pose much of a threat, it would render Jordan's own position useless for firing at attackers. Four more people were preparing to jump in, and Jordan frantically kicked at the Schrader valve--even with multiple shots, an APWL could only maintain maximum effectiveness with a full PC. He couldn't pop out to cover the two men inside, as that would expose him to those outside; nevertheless, as SilentGuy was obsessed with repumping his PCgH, he lunged out, emptying the remainder of the APWL's PC on the remaining two people, who were almost at the door. The attackers outside delayed jumping in, deciding instead to run up to the window to shoot at the exposed Jordan. Seeing no other available option, Jordan jumped to the wall next to the window--without the Schrader valve.

The threat of a defender right by the window seemed to stop the oncoming Tempests for a while. Jordan crouched right below the window, using massive strength to heave the four semiconcious invaders out the window. SilentGuy occasionally popped out of hiding, but shots from the camping Tempests pinned him back; meanwhile, Jordan used manual override on the front door's security to make sure the door couldn't even be unlocked from the inside. This time, the Tempests wouldn't be able to create a big breach in the defense wall.

Seeking help, Jordan shouted, "Chris! Chris! Get to the lobby-living room door, take my position! I need cover if I'm going to get out of here. SilentGuy, retreat and lock the door you're currently next to. Use furniture or something to block the door, because the last thing we want is another approach to the lobby. Then, do the same to the hall-bathroom door." As Chris set up by his new post, the alarms suddenly sounded. This meant Tempest had gotten over the driveway gate, and they would now advance up toward the porch. This wasn't looking too good after all.

Okay, this is a somewhat long installment, but that's okay because I haven't added one in quite a while. I'm just stopping here for now because this seems to be enough for now...

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 20, 2006 10:27 pm

Unfortunately, SilentGuy was already starting to block all the doors between the hall and the lobby. Even though an extra five minutes would have let the blockades be completed, this wasn't enough time for hime to do so and then return to the lobby to defend the porch entrance. Thinking quickly, he removed the portion of furniture he had heaped against the hall-living room door and set himself up again. Even though it was a somewhat long shot, and even though it might require shooting right past Chris, SilentGuy was prepared to hose down the invaders at the porch if he had to.

Seeing SilentGuy's maneuver, Jordan shouted, "Chris, fall back to the entrance of the master bedroom! That way, you'll be guarding the window without being in SilentGuy's way." Jordan fumed. This wasn't going according to plan at all; instead of taking the initiative and being able to hose down the opponents as they came, his team had been flanked and forced to take the defensive, shooting from long range at enemies long after they had invaded. This unstable setup could collapse as soon as another problem occured, as it was already staggering. AquaTech would have to take drastic measure soon--indeed, very soon--in order to recover and be ready for the next wave of enemies. Even though five enemies would be down for the day and another three for at least half an hour, it was possible that Tempest still had twenty or thirty people at its disposal; a score was just a rough estimate, and they must have sent a total of fifteen at the window and more at the porch.

Jordan's plan, if the porch was to be attacked, was to have and himself at his original position, Chris at SilentGuy's, and SilentGuy (with the Douchenator) guarding the steps to the porch. He had also planned on opening up the garage once the first wave had been repelled, but it seemed as if not even the top story could be protected at this rate. Why hadn't he just locked and secured the window?!

Jordan called out, "Chris--glance out at the porch, are any Tempests ascending the stairs? Be quick..." Chris dashed to the window and back, fortunately reporting that there were only five enemies, and they were still scanning the ground. Jordan continued, "I must get back to the lobby, and it's not going to matter if I get wet; it's the hard hits that count. We don't want what happened to those eight Tempests to happen to us, and even though I could dash back in less than five seconds, it's enough to squeeze off one good blast. SilentGuy, since the Tempests at our flank are still down below, Chris can devote himself to guarding the window; you must start blockading all the doors once more. Make sure they're done well, though you should still be quick about it. In addition, one good blockade is better than three bad ones, so if we tell you the porch has been breached, then hurry to the lobby. Got it?"

SilentGuy responded, "Sure. Actually, I'll only block the doors to the halls, as we might still want access to the bathroom--it's the only good source of water at this point." The details make all the difference in the long run.

After SilentGuy and his weapons disappeared into the hallway, Chris made sure all his weapons were pumped up and ready to go. If the window was attacked once more--a somewhat stupid move unless the Tempests knew there were only a third of the original forces as guards--he'd need all the firepower he could use. He screwed a very narrow conical nozzle to the 21K's nozzle selector, as the small PC couldn't support a good stream for too long. For the first time, partly due to the lack of filled SPCs, he'd need to use the sidearm as the primary high-output weapon, even though it could run out quickly if used all the time. No matter what he used, he would run out of water very quickly, and he'd have to use pulse shots. On second thought, a riot blast was better than the small conical nozzle for the 21K; a short, hard hit was better than a long, weak one. The Blastmaster had no use in this case, so he put that aside; the nonlinear PCgH would be much more effective in this situation.

He called, "Hey, Jordan! Toss me your PCgH--no, actually toss me a couple of the Tempest homemades!" There were three homemades lying on the ground; the rest were stock CPS weapons and Buzz Bee soakers. The two Tempest homemades clattered against the wall and onto the ground, and Chris picked them up. After jumping back due to sniping shots from the Tempests outside, he took a good look at the weapons. They were simple APHs, and even though they could probably take on most CPS weapons, the workmanship was not nearly as good as SilentGuy's. Upon closer inspection, Chris found a label, "Temper II--AP30X50." It looked like they had been mass produced, and the label probably meant they got 30X output and 50 feet of range; and while they held up to the range, testing it only got about 20X on the riot blast. Huh...at least it would stand up to some good use. "Jordan, chuck the other APH, will you?" Chris decided that he might as well pressurize all three and drop each one in turn as the pressure ran out, and keep the last one to use if he needed it. Testing proved that the guns at least got similar performance. However, a few of the Tempest snipers outside must have gotten at least 80 feet of range--and they had only sent in the newer people with the worst weapons.

Chris was faced with a dilemma: he couldn't keep the Tempests' heads down to save Jordan if they had superior range; even the 17K could only get about 60 feet of range. In recent years, partly due to the increased active member population at SSC (mainly due to further disappointment in Super Soaker), great advances had been made with homemade water guns. They could now knock enemies out at close range and hit 80 or 90 feet, especially the PCgHs that ran up to 200 PSI and used 3/8" pumps. Actually, SilentGuy had a sniper PCgH
(High-Pressure Homemade=HPH); I do have plans for a weapon like this, and it might actually be feasible. NOTE: This isn't the topic to discuss this weapon. like that, but it hadn't been unpacked yet...

Chris called, "SilentGuy! How are the blockades going? In case you didn't know, I'm still pinned down over here, and we need to use your HPH to hold back the Tempests!"

Soon enough, SilentGuy emerged with the sleek weapon, a small conical nozzle already in place. He noted, "I only blocked the hall entrances, as I said, because if our arsenal grows this quickly, we'll have some serious water concerns. Check the porch, and if nobody's there, head to the bathroom and start pumping up all the weapons. I'll get a head start on sniping out those Tempests, and once you're done with pressurizing the soakers, we'll charge. Got it?"

The porch was clear, so Chris disappeared into the AquaTech bedroom, lugging the two used Temper IIs, his 17K, the CPS backpack for SilentGuy's SC sidearm. The unused Douchenator, SilentGuy's partly used backpack (needed for the linear PCgH and, currently, the HPH), Chris's full SC backpack, the unused Temper II, and Chris's Blastmaster 660 remained in the lobby. SilentGuy strapped on Chris's SC and lay prone on Jordan's bed, training all weapons at the window. Suddenly, a volley of streams were shot a SilentGuy; and even though they fell short, the wave of three followed by two Tempests who hit the floor posed a much greater threat.

The current weapon status (this time done by location rather than by user):

Master bedroom (SilentGuy/Chris):
HPH (backpack 1), linear PCgH (backpack 1), backpack 1 (4/6 full)
sidearm SC (CPS backpack 1)
sidearm SC (CPS backpack 2), CPS backpack 2 (6/6 full)
Douchenator (6/6 balloons)
Temper II (3/3 full)
Blastmaster 660 (3/3 full)

Window (Jordan):
nonlinear PCgH (backpack 2), backpack 2 (5/6 full)
21K (3/3 full)
APWL (0/3 full)

Bathroom (Chris/SilentGuy):
CPS backpack 1 (4/6 full)
17K (1/3 full)
Temper II (2/3 full)
Temper II (2/3 full)

It took me a while to write this one, but it's done. We really need to see more people contributing...

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 23, 2006 9:29 pm

SilentGuy was extremely happy when he noticed that the Tempest snipers couldn't hit him; this meant he could take care of the new invaders immediately. He called out, "Chris, get back! Jordan, here comes a water balloon..." The Douchenator had been lined up earlier, its butt against SilentGuy's shoulder. He fired, and it recoiled violently; and while it missed all the invaders and hit the wall below the window, it sure made them duck.

A powerful riot blast suddenly poured down from the hidden corner of the room, knocking down two Tempests and scattering the rest. The shot was soon followed by yet another riot blast, and although the dropoff was now noticeable, the output must have still reached at least 2 L/second. The nonlinear PCgH's 4L PC must still have held about 2L, but Jordan clearly didn't wait to find out. As SilentGuy lobbed in a balloon the old-fashioned way, the bubbly shot unique to Luke's 21K knocked out yet another invader. The remaining two lunged toward the doorway, intent on getting out of the same room as Jordan, and three more people jumped in through the window. As SilentGuy jumped up with his linear PCgH, the porch door slammed down, probably letting in three or four Tempests. Suddenly, a wild wave of water wooshed into the lobby, clearly taking out some of the invaders; Chris must have opened the CPS backpack's ball valve. However, a solid stream of water then split the air and flew into the AquaTech room, but the returning fire from Chris signalled that he hadn't been hit.

SilentGuy focused his attention past the crossfire and into the living room, and threw in a water balloon the old-fashioned way; it hit one of the invaders, though it was clear that in this game, literal knockouts were more valuable than soaking was. He quickly pointed the Douchenator's muzzle up, allowing the tracked plunger to slide back, and then loaded a pair of water balloons. At this range, he could afford to use up some pressure on two balloons instead of on one. Soon enough, a Tempest wielding another Temper II dropped, joining the mass of unconscious men on the ground. As SilentGuy popped in the last balloons that the pressure would be able to shoot, a tall Tempest ducked into the master bedroom. He clearly hadn't seen any water balloons or thick PCgH shots come out of the room, and was jolted into the open door by the water balloon at point blank. It didn't matter that SilentGuy had gotten wet; this wasn't a video game, so (literally) splash damage didn't count.

Inside the living room, Jordan stood up from behind a recliner, knocking out a Tempest from behind at point-blank range, the nonlinear PCgH in hand. Before the body had time to fall, Jordan grabbed it used it as a human shield. The Tempest was still semiconcious, which made dragging him easier; but he went out like a light from a Tempest sniper's headshot. As Jordan approached the battle in the lobby, he dropped the Tempest and lunged into the relative safety of the lobby, using the 21K to mow down the enemies. He staggered into the master bedroom, narrowly dodging another sniper shot, and collapsed on the bed. Carrying a 200-pound body, an admittedly empty APWL, a CPS 21K, a nonlinear PCgH, and several assorted Tempest weapons can easily tire out any man, no matter how strong he is. "Well, we can set up a good defence now...and then we'll take the initiative. There can't be more than fifteen Tempests left, and with FireTruck..."

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue May 23, 2006 10:09 pm

I'm very sorry - I am currently doing my A-level exams, and they have to take priority over this RP.

I would contribute, but I am short on time due to revision, so I'll have to wait.

I haven't been able to read silentguy's stuff either - it'll take too long to read and understand

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri May 26, 2006 2:44 am

Yes, I've decided to show up for this one. These RP's aren't my thing, but I like them for when I'm bored. I'll tend to pop up and assist when possible.

Name:Monsoon
Height:5"11
Weight:150lbs
Appearance/Clothing:Full CADPAD camo with facepaint, balaclava, goggles
Physical characteristics:Agile, slim, steady hand
Personality/mental characteristics:Quick to react, good at learning new skills
Skills/Strengths:Excels at lockpicking, hacking, stealth and sniping
Weaknesses :P refers small arms over heavy firepower (outgunned if forced to fight without any cover or a good position)
Main weapon :X P 150
Backup weapon:Triple Shot
Last resort weapon:Anything from spray bottle to water bottle
Other gear :P ouches for carrying other aquired items
Has access to: Finite military equipment and intelligence (maps, suits, etc)
History/Alliances:Trained in stealth tactics, prefers to work alone but for ally's cause
General Information:Known to be patient, quiet, although revenge gets the better of me
Team:None
Vehicles:None, but is trained in the use of small water craft and ATVs
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun May 28, 2006 11:22 am

The Land rover descended into the militia camp. Waving ID at the guards they made it in.

David got out, waiting for someone with some authority to approach.

A "Tempest Squadron" Sergeant approached. Jo remained in the vehicle. She had never been that trusting of them. (I am assuming that the Tempest Squadron are the "turned" Tempest - please correct me if I am wrong) She adjusted the radio to try and find intelligent conversation on there.

"Yo - Jo, Team 7 need to meet with the command post. At least that's what Squaddie here says"

Lightbulb41`

New player... (could you give me a hand at this...)

Post by Lightbulb41` » Wed May 31, 2006 1:43 am

Name: Josh
Height: 5, 10
Weight:215
Appearance/Clothing: Full camo boots and glasses
Physical characteristics:Large frame and extremely slow
Personality/mental characteristics: Intelligent doesn't listen to orders never follows rules breaks them... When angered extremely dangerous
Skills/Strengths: Building water cannons, Heavy weapons, Waterballoons, Helicopter use, Computer range modeling
Weaknesses: Any pretty girl... :) very slow and has very little endurance
Main weapon: Homemade water balloon slingshot
Backup weapon: Cps 3000 un modded
Last resort weapon: water balloon
Other gear: Camo, Night gear, Flashlight,
Has access to: Helicopter, materials to build massave cannons and many tools
History/Alliances: Training in pennsylvania Fresh recruit into the army
General Information: Slow and forgiving... trusts people to easily... Atracted to any girl... can be fooled easily
Team: (not assigned) Help???
Vehicles: Light helicopter with single shot waterballoon slingshot (long reload time)

Josh flew in his small helicopter. He didn't know what he was doing as he flew over an installation he landed in an open space and asked
"What the heck is going on here?"
His gun was empty from less weight needed and he was out of ammo for his cannon. If the group of people didn't accept him. He was a sitting duck.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed May 31, 2006 1:49 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central, Lightbulb41`. It's good to see somebody new posting in this RP...and I've assuming you've read the rest. Generally, you create your own team of guys, but if you want to join one, you can join my team or anybody else who's willing to have you. And don't be afraid to give yourself some crazy soaker (besides water balloon slingshots). Also, instead of slingshots, you could use WBLs (Water Balloon Launchers) or lacrosse sticks if you want to.

jimbobbahubasmith

Post by jimbobbahubasmith » Wed May 31, 2006 4:19 am

Name: Tyler (aka jinx)/ Gender: Male /Age: 12/Height: 5'4/Weight: 97/appearence: brown hair over eyes, dark brown eyes, tan skin, dressed in baggy blue swimming trunks and a grey sleeveless shirt/ mental characteristics: calm and smart/skills: hiding, fast, good endurance, good aim, stealthy/weaknesses, weak, knees give out sometimes, bad driver, too independent/ equipment: CPS 1000 and 2000/backup: waterhose that connects to backpack/ vehicle: mountain bike/team: not assigned ( willing to be drafted)