RP III - Storm Breaker

Post your epic water war tale!
kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:04 am

Past tense? hmm I hate writing in past tense. oh well I'll work on it.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:20 am

OOC: I was wondering, would it be acceptable to use a certain person and name for this RP or some future RP as an enemy? The information is this:

"Adam the Great, now TeMpEsT, Viral technologies"

I'm asking because that person might have had historical value, which I would be better off not messing with. A very small handful of you might know where I got that person and "organization" name from, and if you don't, you're not going to find it without a load of digging.

I will post some more actual story later, when I think of how to conduct my next move.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:16 am

I can't recognise the name, so.... I can't see a problem.

But someone else who knows may well object.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:54 pm

Their hearts beating, SilentGuy tossed the sniping soaker to Derek. "Let's stop here for a bit. I need to make a phone call, so hold them off if they get too close." SilentGuy propped up his pressurized nonlinear PCgH in front of him, not risking any chance of ambush.

He turned on his Treo 700w and speed-dialed Chris. Chris responded after the third ring, and SilentGuy briefed him on the situation: "Chris, there's been a change of plans. We've been forced into the woods from our vantage point, and we're running along the treeline to the north a bit. Many Tempests have been dragged away from their position, but their camp is still crawling with soldiers. Not all armed, but close enough to it. Where are you?"

Chris replied, "Team 2 wasn't exactly ready, so I've been going at only a few miles per hour. I'm almost at the first intersection as we speak."

SilentGuy was pleasantly surprised. "Good, that gives us enough time to executive a different plan. Pull over at the intersection to make sure everybody is ready, then drive right down the main road to their camp. I need major backup, and there's an excellent chance that I might not appear in time--but I'll be a distraction to them, no matter what."

SilentGuy cut off the call, hearing several Tempests talking boisterously as they approached. He motioned to Derek to back away, and SilentGuy took all his weapons. Yes, he could easily knock out the few enemies, but more would be on his trail at some point or another. Taking advantage of their unknown presence, he spread a few water balloons along the ground--he could easily afford to lighten their load a bit if they were to be running some more. Quickly, the duo hustled away, following the edge of the woods.

They slowed down only after they reached the farthest border of the encampment, but this time, SilentGuy didn't start sniping. Partly because he didn't want their new location to be revealed, and partly because FireTruck was already there, an intense battle raging inside the center of the camp.

That's a pretty serious road race...and I might find a way to get in on the action. Don't wait for me, though...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:20 pm

David had a dilemma. They couldn't have the helicopter following them, but killing neutral targets wasn't good either.

He could start by making it harder for them to follow. He signalled and Jo brought the Skyline to a halt - this shot would need to be highly accurate.

With a quick pull of the trigger, David knocked out the IR camera mounted on the nose of the 'copter. Jo slammed the car back into gear, and the sub 3 second 0 to 60 time did it's work.

However, this was accompanied by the radio declaring that the ground cars should re-join the chase. If the skyline had been moving, the shot would have missed. And if they were being pursued on the ground...

But they still were - the Tempest car was equally persistant, and cut in from a side road. The driver had taken up a Splashzooka, and he was blasting away.

The cars were swift to rejoin the chase, and the helicopter came in low. David quickly assessed the armaments the 'copter crew had.

His eye caught a glint of the last thing he wanted to see...
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:00 am

Josh had been hanging out for a while because the SAMs were pretty scary. Suddently he heard on the radio
"Armed Helicopter in pursuit of Skyline" Josh jumped. Jo was probably the one in the Car being chased. He had to move fast. He quickly accerated directly towards Jo on the highway regardless of the missiles aimed at him.
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:28 am

The weapon was a EOD - Electronic Overload Device. Basically, it was set up to overload the electronics on any vehicle it hit by sending thousands of volts over the surface of the vehicle.

It was useless against older cars - with no electronics, but this car was only a few years old, so it would doubtless be affected.

However, the helicopter was now so low that: David dumped Cerberus' ammo clip into the helicopter. It came down very fast, but none of the crew were severely injured.

Jo smiled - perhaps now they had a chance.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:29 pm

Okay, people...three and a half days in the making, this is the final end to my assault on the Tempest camp. I decided it had been dragging on too long, and while this is the longest segment yet, it's finally done with.

The battle certainly wasn't going too well. Despite SilentGuy's constant advice to the contrary, Chris had stopped FireTruck instead of making cavalry-style passes; and even worse, the Ridgeline was parked in the very center of the Tempest camp. It was a small clearing at the end of a major path, surrounded by two meeting tents (one of them was probably the arsenal) and uncountable soldiers' tents.

Colin was fiercely hitting at the approaching Tempests, but it was a losing battle. FireHose wasn't meant for distance or for stopping a huge wave of foes; it was designed for constant and immense output. You could argue that range could be helpful in swooping runs, but the point is, the range simply wasn't available. Tempest members wielding Temper IIs and other still-unidentified homemades could easily beat FireHose's range--they could get perhaps 60-75 feet of range, depending on the model--while FireHose was only proven to reach 55 feet, which clearly needed to be upgraded.

Nevertheless, SilentGuy smiled--even at the practical limit of 50 feet, FireHose's stream was so wide that it still packed a heavy punch. In contrast, after losing at least 50% of the streams velocity at that distance, the pathetic Tempest homemades barely stung at all at that distance, especially since the stream size--and thus the force--was small to start with. In fact, it appeared as if most of the homemades had only one nozzle, as opposed to multiple threaded one--it was probably cheaper this way, both PVC-wise and in the amount of wasted water.

One of his allies was also inside the truck bed, though he wisely seemed to be ducking at least half the time. SilentGuy correctly presumed that the assault on FireTruck must have started very recently, or the ever-advancing Tempests would have wiped the vehicle off the face of the planet by now. He knew he could buy a bit more time for them by eliminating this wave of attackers, and emptied his sniping CPH's PC on as many as he could. He unslung the nonlinear PCgH and charged from behind, making fantastical leaps over the countless bodies lying everywhere.

SilentGuy nearly tripped over himself when he encountered Brian and Brendan on the ground. He heaved the smaller Brendan onto his shoulder, and continued his charged; though now, there wouldn't be any way to fire at the same time. He bulled through a line of surprised Tempests, Colin taking care of the rest amidst the confusion. SilentGuy skirted the front of FireTruck, flung open the passenger door, and hefted the body into the back seat.

Still leaning into the back, he changed his armaments a bit. Instead of just a sniping CPH and the nonlinear PCgH, he decided to go heavy for a bit. He pulled out the water balloon launcher with the interchangeable barrels, screwing on a 4" one--there was no need to use tiny balloons that got incredible range in this setting. He clipped two boxes of filled water balloons onto his belt, and attached his backpack reservoir hose to the balloon-filling receptacle on the water balloon launcher. He also clipped four SPCs to his belt, and selected a monster of an APR-style homemade as his primary. Could he lug both heavy weapons without slinging one of them across his back? He would have to try.

SilentGuy stood up again, and that was when he realized Chris wasn't there.

After a moment of shock, SilentGuy ran around the covered side of the truck, voicing his thoughts out to Henry, "What happened? Where did Dell and Chris go, and why did we have two unaccounted-for soldiers just lying out on the ground?"

Henry fired a few shots, backed up by SilentGuy, who had the sense to help defend. Henry responded, "I don't know, we've been out of the loop for a while. We got your message, so we drove in here. As soon as we stopped, Chris called out to us to protect the car, and then they ran off behind us to those two big, purple tents. He told us we were just a distraction, and that not too many Tempests would attack us. Heh." Henry grunted with exertion, frantically trying to pump up his soaker before the next wave of Tempests arrived. "I thought we were just about done for."

SilentGuy frowned as he mused over this drastic turn of events. Hordes of Tempests were about to overrun his position and FireTruck; Derek and an unconscious Brian were unprotected; and he still didn't know where Dell, Chris, and Luke were. He started, "Okay, we're getting out of this square. Quick, what's Derek's cell phone number?"

Henry typed out the number on the 700w, and SilentGuy informed Derek, "There's been a change of plans. I'm sure you're capable of carrying Brian, so here's what we'll do. Creep up along the infantry tent you're next to, towards FireTruck, and hug to the shadows. You should see Brian somewhere, pick him up and drag him back to safety. I'm getting FireTruck over there as soon as possible, so be ready to hop into the back. Got it?" SilentGuy cut off the connection before there was time to respond yet again.

SilentGuy hopped into the driver's seat, propping up his selected weapons and utility belt in the passenger's seat for quick access. He called up through the sunroof, "Okay, aim all your weapons to the front and a bit to the side. At the speed we're going, nobody will be able to shoot at us from behind." Without waiting for a reply, SilentGuy revved the motors, and the heavily armed vehicle lurched ahead.

FireTrucked zipped ahead of the Tempest regrouping behind it, weaving between the tents with ease. Because it used silent motors instead of a noisy internal combustion engine, its presence surprised the masses of Tempests sprawling on the grass as it emerged from the maze of tents. SilentGuy slowed down a bit, giving Colin time to hose down a dozen or so kids just lying around under the shade of umbrellas.

One tent, two...and then there was Derek, still heaving Brian's body along. None of the Tempest soldiers had had the sense to have taken their major soakers with them. A few had EES soakers and XP Backfires just to cool off with, and people were just realizing that the kid dragging a body wasn't one of them. A ton of people hustled inside to get their real weapons, but a few headstrong teenagers were casually sauntering up to Derek, pretending to be innocent.

And suddenly FireTruck was (nearly) on top of them, bombarding them with FireHose's liquid ammunition. A tired Derek threw the body into the back of the cab, and then he dived into the already-crowded truck bed. "Okay, we're all together now. And what do you think I noticed as I drove here?" asked SilentGuy, busy loading the water balloon launcher. "That's right, I saw Luke. He was between those two huge tents, surrounded by a few Tempests. They don't seem to care much about him, so I think if we storm through there, they'll be put just off guard enough to let us grab Luke back. Chris and your friend appeared to be planning an ambush, and we saw each other--if I know Chris, he'll be planning to add further confusion from the flank when we go in. This isn't a major operation, so don't be prepared to disembark."

And indeed, for once in a cliche-filled RP that involves everything going wrong, it did not turn out to be a major operation. SilentGuy ran FireTruck past and around of the large meeting tents, dodging larger groups of Tempests and even civilians. His skills at driving were just good enough to tell him to go around the ditches instead of through them, and they all made it to a minor path between the road and a purple tent just in time. FireTruck thundered down the dirt road, SilentGuy deciding not to knock down a few Tempests just because it was an RP, and with guns and FireHose blazing, the crew sent the Tempests off to find some cover. All three teammates hopped aboard and they drove off, dropping off the kids at a hotel room.

After they had *finally* regrouped, SilentGuy said, "Okay, guys, we're heading southwest a bit. I heard there's one big road race going on...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:26 pm

The police cars were getting a little close for comfort.

Jo had been eyeing up the small button on the steering wheel for some time, and as she turned a corner to find a decently long stretch of road, she slammed her thumb down on it.

The tanks in the back of the car dumped pure nitrous down a long hose feed and injected it straight into the engine.

In almost no time at all the Skyline went from what was about 100 mph, to 150. The police would have a time dealing with that.

But the Tempest car, which was being ignored by the police for some reason, suddenly copied the Skyline, and was drawing alongside them - on the left side.

Now the important thing about the Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II R34 is that it was only ever produced in right hand drive. Which means that David was on the left.

Amongst the odditys that he had brought from Josh's 'copter, was his specially crafted "ceremonal" sword.

Opening the door on his side, he climbed out, bringing "The Black sword" with him. It was about 4 feet long, and had a micro serrated edge. It also incorporated a Tesla coil running down it's entire length. When the coil was running, the blade almost oozed energy. Bolts of current glanced from it's edge.

(He actually has a sword like this - it won't actually do what it's about to, but it will cut through many things)

*Cue slow motion*

He leapt from the Skyline, holding the sword out, and driving it through the hood of the Tempest car. Using the sword as a grip, he pulled himself up the car. He wrenched the sword loose, and cut through the soaker pointed straight at him, it's PC spilling over the car's interior.

David held the sword in both hands, and severed the car's steering column with a slew of sparks. Turning, and following this up with a leap, as he came back down, he grabbed the spoiler of the Skyline with his left hand.

*End slow motion*

Getting back into the passenger seat would be a challenge, but the Tempest were no longer following them.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:04 am

Duxburian arrived at the Tempest Base, and just as he expected, it was already under attack by friendly forces.

And also as he had thought, he found himself shot at when he drew close. So this approach wasn't going to work. Neither side was going to believe that the other was no longer an enemy, so he decided to just give up the base and return to the bunker.

Back in what they now called the Central Command Post, Duxburian learned that the Militia/Tempest Squadron forces had repaired the Tempest radio frequency. With no time to spare, a message was hastily created and broadcast to every Tempest base on the island:

"This is Duxburian-myself and the Militia are no longer your enemy. General Alex has been overthrown on this island and your original commander Belisaurius, who also fights for the Militia, has re-assumed control. The Militia and the Tempest Squadron are now one entity, and our common enemy is the traitor Alex and his corrupted Tempest forces. Halt all combat against Militia and allies of the Militia on this island, and send officers to the Central Command Post to recieve new orders.

Co-Commander Duxburian signing out from Central Command."

Then, another voice came on to the radio:

"This is your former commander Alex. All this is actually true, and I am not ashamed to admit it because everyone on the East Island is going down! I don't need the East Island, therefore every ex-Tempest here will die. There will be no survivors. I would destroy your airstrips before tonight's invasion, but it appears that your Militia friends already did that themselves! And you can't warn anyone without radio communication! Have a nice day!"

Static followed the transmission, a sign that the radios had been jammed once again.
Last edited by DX on Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:39 pm

@ Duxburian: East Island was RP 2, we're on North for this one.

The radio crackled into life. It was Duxburian, declaring alliance between the North Island Tempest and the Militia - and "General Alex" came up with a response, effectively declaring that his former troops were doomed.

Would the Tempest believe this? The answer was very quickly evident.

3 Tempest vehicles came out of side streets. Within 30 seconds, every police car had been disabled with precision attacks.

The lead car drew up alongside the Skyline. The driver gestured at Jo to stop. She was outnumbered so regardless of whether or not they were friendly... she came to a halt in a side road - out of sight of the police.

Grasping Cerberus, Jo got out. David climbed off the spoiler, still grasping the sparking sword.

"You fight with Belisaurius?" - the Tempest posed.

"Yes. You recieved the transmission?"

"Of course. Alex is on West we believe - with enough boats to recover every Tempest off East as well. That's a clean 10,000 troops at his disposal."

Jo swore - they didn't need that.

"How many Tempest are there here?"

"Maybe 5,000 after your assaults. And we have no heavy artillery left now - all of that equipment is on east."

Jo's watch beeped - 15 minutes to aerial interception. She went to the car, and picked up the radio to call off the attack. It was dead - the frequency was jammed.

Jo swore again, then turned and said:

"Get in that car, and follow me. We have 13 minutes to reach that blimp of yours and then we have 90 seconds to work out how to signal a mission abort."

She got in the car, and David gunned the engine. They were away, the Tempest following closely.
Last edited by joannaardway on Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:40 pm

As they drove off, Jo went back to the radio. It worked short range, so she could talk to the other cars.

"Can a team be relocated to the SAM site at 8? I need to ensure that the craft aren't fired on."

A response in the positive came back, and a car swerved off to do that task.

Jo prayed that the police had been warded off.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:19 pm

Josh had been flying around dodging balloons and streams. Suddently the radio spoke. It told that The Tempest were fighting against their old masters. As soon as Josh and Kayla heard that the Shots stopped. Josh and Kayla shouted and screamed for Joy. But as they were shouting a Beeping sound came from the control pannel. Josh quickly sat down and looked at it. The hull was breached and the control plane's were shot. Josh quickly grabbed the controls as the Helicopter started to comedown. Smoke started pouring out of the engines as it came down.
Josh shouted, "Mayday! Mayday! this is Blitz 1 coming in, We have lost control and have engine failure Please respond!" Nothing but static. The helicopter came down much faster now Josh despratly fought for control. Suddently the body of the helicopter slammed into the ground. Josh was knocked unconsious by the crash.

Meanwhile on the Ground the Tempest hearing the radio brodcast instantly stop shooting. As they are watching the helicopter it starts to desend slowly at first then and then faster and faster. They looked up wondering why it was desending and suddently there was a fire shooting out of the engine. The tempest cleared the area and called for firetrucks and ambulances. They saw a huge fireball incinerate the craft as it crashed. They rushed over and saw that there were two people in the craft A male and female they rushed over to the girl. She was dead the crash snapped her neck. The guy was injured but alive. They put the guy on the backboard and loaded him in an ambulance Firetrucks came and doused the flames. There were only a few salvageable pieces of the craft. The two Reactors and the Guns.

Josh groaned as the Medics put him on a strecher. He glanced at the uniform it was the Tempest uniform. He hoped that the sides had heard that there was a truce between them. He cringed at the pain as the doctors put IV;s into him. He was injured He glanced over like in a dream and saw The smoking wreck of his helicopter. He saw the medics put Kayla in the Bodybag. He collapsed after that.

(I will be at a Hospital for a while. Have your charecters possibly visit me)

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:37 pm

David's driving was clearly better. Jo was filling what balloons they had left for Cerberus.

A signal broke through on the radio, but weakly - A helicopter had been shot down, from an unknown location. A male and a female were involved - the female was dead.

Jo swore - it had to be Josh, and that meant Kayla had followed the rest of the team.

Jo came to a realisation - there had been an almost digital crackle after Alex's signal... which had been picked up on every radio. As a matter of fact - there was still a crackle.

The SAM sites were on automatic, triggered by the broadcast, shooting down everything. There was no point in reaching the blimp. The attack would be shot down before it even got over the island.

Every Tempest computer system had been overridden. And the crackle that still covered the Tempest channel was Alex reaping the data off the network - everything that wasn't on Alex's files soon would be.

David had pulled the Skyline to a halt. He and Jo got out - and he smiled.

Jo turned: "What is it that you find funny?"

David smirked: "My virus - it's still on their network, and they're downloading the lot"

Jo returned the smile: "That should be a spanner in the works."

"Especially if I do this."

David pulled out the radio, and a tone box - he made a tone into the radio, and suddenly, the radio channel screamed.

"Remote activation of the virus - their network is effectively dead"

Jo responded - "Which means?"

"The SAM sites are now disabled, and the radio jamming is offline"

That explained the channel coming to life - every broadcast that was being made was lighting up the airways.

Jo took the radio.

"This is militia team 7. Hydro- Ordinance abort. Repeat - ABORT!"

"Confirm. The attack is being re-routed to attack incoming Tempest vessels."

David got back in the skyline, and said: "Let's go get our ride back."

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:49 am

Josh woke up. The first thing he noticed that he was in pain. He looked at his legs and arms were both covered in burn Casts. He tried moving his head. Pain. He still was able to look around with his eyes. He saw that He was full of needles and couldn't move... He thought that if He could get back out there and fix himself up he could possibly fight the incoming raiders. But he had too sleep and become rested so he could heal...