RP II: The Ensuing Conflict

Post your epic water war tale!
Toaster

Post by Toaster » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:03 am

I meant to start writing when the story started, but I've been busy. oh well.

Toaster throttled down the Estoc's engines, and coasted in to the dock. It was dark, actually close to 11:00 PM, so the Sabres were a little edgy and sleep-deprived. They had been travelling over water all day, and that was after a three-day road trip with the Armadillo. Toaster was glad that they'd get a place to stay for the night.
The commander of the Sabres had rounded up his crew again after he'd phoned Monsoon and gotten the answering machine message,"Hello... I'm sorry that you've missed me, but I've gone to a competition on East Island." Toaster had thought that a competition was too good to pass up, and had rounded up the crew, restored the Armadillo and Estoc, and headed off. Eyleascial even decided to tag along. Actually, she'd had little choice. Toaster used all his powers of persuasion, finally stopping short of physically dragging her along.
The Sabres had toned down the Armadillo's weaponry. Removing the Broadsword and two of the Gemini cannons, the Sabres' conveyance was a lot less imposing and a good deal more manageable for the four-man crew that stayed aboard the Armadillo. Eyleascial had chosen to keep her bike, replacing the Libras on the sides with a new design that she'd conceived with some help from Toaster, the Basilisk Cannons. They used a better pump and a more sophisticated launch system, which tripled their fire rate. Toaster had even added a feature that allowed the Basilisks to pitch up and down, to alter their range.
Checking into a hotel at 2 and locking down the Armadillo for the night, Toaster and the Sabres were unprepared for the surprise that awaited them in the morning.

for those that are wondering, the Sabres arrived late in the night the competition started. they don't even know the rules of the competition and they are in the individuals area, so be warned all you loners out there.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:41 am

Empty. Not a person. "Where is everybody?" pulling the ad from his pocket he checked the date. "Dang it! I'm a day late!" Very dissapointed, he got on a bus to head back to his relatives' house in the west of five. He got off the bus, only to be hit in the stomach by a 1x stream. The kid who shot him didn't look older than grade 7, and was using a xp70. "I can take him" he thought. Quickly ducking behind a tree, he pulsed a half a pc's worth at his opponent's face and neck. The kid staggered off under pinpoint fire. Seeing some more people down the street, C.D. jogged off to join the fun.

Edit: I forgot to say that this happens the day after the meeting at the hall, along with my other post.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:21 am

Duxburian decided to retire to a hotel room not to rest, but to spot anyone spying on him. He also saw Forceuser's room from out his window, and watched the confrontation that followed Force's sighting of an unknown person. Then Duxburian caught sight of someone watching him from a building across the street. He thought, "I may be an individual, but you don't mess with fighters like me. Force may have closed his curtains to hide from his watcher, but you won't be so lucky with me. I think I'll pull this out instead..." Whipping out a douchenator, Duxburian fired a shot at the building. The unknown person ducked away as the water balloon smashed through the window. The building door opened and the figure started running away. Duxburian fired another shot which missed him by inches and hit a parked car. The figure disappeared into the night, but Duxburian knew that he was thoroughly shaken, having not expected to be fired at and accurately as well. He then decided to take a walk through town, bringing both of his WBL's plus his APH. Passing by the Cricketer's Arms, he noticed many of the contestants sitting there. "That's not smart, they are quite a target now." Duxburian now decided to hide in a nearby alley to see if his predication would be right. While loading both douchenators, he noticed a truck stop on the street and 5 people with weapons started getting out...
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:45 am

Inside the Cricketer's Arms, Force and the others were having a drink. Force had his XX 50 under the table, just in case. He heard the door open. Turning his head, he received a 5x shot in the face.

Under attack, the group took immediate action. CG threw the table on its side, giving them cover. They grabbed their weapons and returned fire.

"Corbec, flank them right," Gaunt shouted, "I've got left. Cover us guys!"

Force, Spinner, Racer and Larkin all fired, giving Gaunt and Corbec a chance to get to cover. Force hit one of the enemies with a shot to the face and Racer finished him with a blast to the chest, but there were still four left.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:39 am

"Ouch," thought Spinner, "One XX50 + 5 light pistols vs CPS 1500s = not good. Time for something crazy." Turning to Force, he said "Give me some cover as well." Force nodded, and as he fired Spinner leapt up and jumped over the bar. "Got a gun?" he yelled at the stunned barman, as they crouched behind the bar. He nodded, and opening the door behind the bar, rushed out.

He was back in a moment with an old XP 250. "Thanks." With that more dangerous weapon, Spinner commenced a barrage of the attackers - and only just in time. Force's gas cylinder was practically empty, and so were the small weapons of the others.

Still, it might not have ended happily unless two or three water balloons came mysteriously sailing in, hitting the attackers. Being hit on both sides, they hesitated - and then fled.

Brushing themselves off, Spinner and the others looked at each other, and then at the figure who came through the door. "Hey, Duxburian, good timing mate...was getting pretty desperate there. Want a drink?"
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:47 am

5 light pistols? Corbec has a 2500 and I have a 1000! Oh well, I suppose we'd dropped them off in our rooms.

Looks like we're turning the battle into one big piss up! Oh, well.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:36 am

Originally posted by Commander_Gaunt@Feb 15 2005, 10:47 AM
Looks like we're turning the battle into one big piss up! Oh, well.
[snapback]22317[/snapback]

Hey, it doesn't matter, as long as it's fun and good reading!

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:21 pm

Deciding that the hotel wasn't safe, Force, CG, Corbec and Larkin went out into a small wooded area a couple of hundred yards down the road to set up camp. Racer, Dux and Spinner stayed in the bar discussing tactics and said they might be along in a bit.

At the camp, Force and Larkin went off to check the perimeter. CG radioed his squad to tell them where the camp was. "Four, this is one. Meet with us for camp about 200 yards north of the Cricketers Arms"
"Ok"
"Five, this is one. Meet with us for camp about 200 yards north of the Cricketers Arms"
"..."
"Five? Five! Respond! Where are you?" nobody answered his questions.

CG returned to the main camp where Force had been making some coffee for himself and CG, who would take first watch. Force saw his ashen face. "Whats up?"
"They got Dorden, he's the fifth member of my squad, he doesn't respond to the radio"

Radio Numbers
CG = 1
Larkin = 2
Corbec = 3
Milo = 4
Dorden = 5
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:18 pm

I'm confused :blink: what time is it? What's happening? I've read all the posts, but none of them seem to indicate whether it's the day of the actual "first round" yet. Can someone clue me in?
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:22 pm

I'm pretty confused too! I think spinner, me, my squad, racer, dux and force are at 2, in or around the pub (way&#33 ;) . And I'm pretty sure it around 10 ish on the first day of the first round, people are now making camp.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:07 pm

yeah, I figure it'd be mid-morning as well.

Toaster rolled over. Right off the bed. Hitting the floor with a thunk, the leader of the Sabres finally became aware of the prodding of Eyleascial, and the sleepy groans coming from the other guys.
"Geez, you're a heavy sleeper!" Eyleascial exclaimed.
"Yup. Sleep like the dead, snore loud enough to wake 'em," Toaster mumbled as he picked himself up off the floor and headed to the bathroom.
This got myriad groans from the Sabres, who had rented a room with two beds. As Eyleascial and Toaster called the mattresses, the others were reduced to sleeping on the floor or fighting over the overstuffed chair. Bukan had one that little conflict, and was leaning forward, shaking the sleep out. Toaster emerged from the bathroom, looking quite refreshed, and proceeded to call the front desk for some breakfast. By the time the meal had arrived, everyone was dressed and ready to go.
They discussed the situation over a pancake platter and eventually headed downstairs. What greeted them was a veritable wall of water as a group of half a dozen kids fired their weapons at the Sabres.
Eyleascial, being the only one who'd thought to bring her weapons inside, handed one of her pistols to Toaster, the other to Wontwood, who was something of the team's marksman. Bukan and Monkey headed back upstairs to look for anything they could use. Toaster and Wontwood dodged around the attackers, while Eyleascial unleashed blast after blast from her shotgun-modded Monster, "Dragon".
By the time the unarmed members of the Sabres returned empty handed, the three who had stayed had rounded up the troublemakers, disarmed them, and applied what was now becoming something of a 'signature' for the squad, plastic handcuffs. They put the weapons across the room from their owners, but not before emptying their resevoirs - on the attackers themselves. The ambushers were muttering bitterly. Heading out to the Armadillo, the Sabres prepared to head off to find out what they'd so obviously missed.

EDIT - fixed a little wording error

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:39 pm

Racer got in his 3000GT.

Yelling back at Spinner and Dux, who were still in the pub, he asked "Hey guys wanna team up for the big battle this morning?" Spinner and Dux replied "We'll think about it" "My radio number is 445. I'll be heading back to the meeting hall to get ready."
I don't check this forum anymore.

yeahyeah

Post by yeahyeah » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:52 pm

Yeahyeah's GP1300R wave runner pulled up to the shore just north of 5 in the early afternoon. " I wonder which town force is in?" said yeahyeah talking to himself. He got off his wave runner and pulled the seat off to get his backpack and his monster x for safe measures. After seeing everything was there he turned around and said" well here we go!" as he wandered towards 5.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:26 am

For Spinner, CG and co, Racer, Dux and myself it's late in the evening after the meeting. For everyone else, it's the morning of the first round.

[at] Yeahyeah: Bold tag.

"We'd better go and find him," Force told CG, "I'll call my squad up and get them down here."

Force pulled out his radio and contacted his squad. After about five minutes they were there.

Force turned to CG. "I suggest we send two groups out to find him and leave another one here guarding the camp. You, Larkin and Corbec can be one, and my squad will be the other. Milo and I can stay here."

"Right." CG turned to everyone. "Make sure you stay in radio contact, we don't want anyone else getting taken."

The group grabbed their weapons and prepared to head out.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:03 pm

I pulled off my backpack and sat down on a nearby rock to drink some water, as lerprekan dropped his own gear and stretched. "How long has it been?" I asked glancing at my watch, which was hard to read due to the glare. "About 3 and a half hours. Were about 8 miles inland." leprekan replied. I stretched my shoulder blades up and down to relieve some of the stress of the straps. I cracked my neck, and wiped some of the sweat off of my face before looking around. We were in a small clearing. Heavy decidious tress covered all the sides, and a fern like plant with many small long leaves crept across the ground and around the trunks of some of the more decrepit trees. we had decided to go on a hike for a day, and try to get to the old Spanish battlements from when the Spanish colonized this island in the late 1600s. A full Spanish garrison had been sent to establish a powerful Spanish presence in these waters, but malaria, along with bad weather and unrestful nations pushed them out. In the early 1800s another explorer had found the island, and had established a primitive trading post. The island became known as the capitol of local silver and coal mining. Exotic fruits like the kiwi also floruished on the island. The island exhasted it's resources, and the town had died away, not unlike the Spanish military forces before, however this did not stop hopeful treasure hunters from seeking tales of lost Spanish treasure, and humongous untapped silver mines. In the 1940's the Japanese had controled the island. the Japanese, did not have a significant presence on the island, only a small recon post and radio tower to relay messages to the larger operations to the north and east. The Japanese were friendly to the Natives, and allowed them to practice their religion freely. However the Japanese soon became fearful of an Allied attack, and fled thier posts. A year later, after the surrender of the Japanese, the U.S. Army swept through the area, scouting for possible Japanese resistance. They established a small base on the island, and the story of the island was spread. Pictures and stories of the beautiful place soon spead through the soldiers, and after the war, the U.S. government sold the island to a private investor for an undisclosed sum. However, the man only controls the fishing and economic dealings of the island. The rest of the island is owned by the native Chamorros who have registered it as an official autonomyous (sp?) collective, in the U.N., granting the tribe complete control of the island and surrounding waters, with judicial and economic authority. Many people flocked to vacation at this island, and over the years, several top of the line Hotels have been established. The tourist industry alone generates over 80% of the island's overall economy, and over the years, the place became more and more commericialized.

Population: 23,458
Overall Tourist Population: 76,232
Size: 20 square miles
Average Temperature: 73 degrees Fahrenheit
Rainy Season: October to Mid March
Average Rainfall: 14 inches
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!