RP II: The Ensuing Conflict

Post your epic water war tale!
Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:45 am

Inside the meeting hall, the talking died down as someone took to the stage.

"Greetings soaker enthusiasts! I am the organiser of this competition. By the looks of it, it should be a good one. The competition is very simple. It consists of two parts. The first is an elimination round. You will be sent in groups to various parts of the island. You must stay in you area. When you have defeated everyone else in your group, as well as some people we send against you, you will have completed that stage."

"The final stage will be all the remaining competitors battling against each other. You will all have to make your way to 6 in the centre of the island. When there, you will have to hold it until a specified time."

"The competition will start at 10:00 am tomorrow. The first stage will go on until 5.00 pm. The final stage will be the next day, during the same times. Any questions?" The organiser looked around.

Spinner raised his hand. "Won't the teams have an advantage over individuals?" he asked.

"In the first round, it will be set that individuals will battle individuals and teams will battle teams. In the second round, individuals will have a head start over the teams. Of course, you can always join up with some other people to do better. Any other questions? Good, you will now be split into groups and told where you will be going tomorrow."

Some competition officials went through the crowd of entrees and split them up into groups. There were to be eight main battling areas. The areas for individuals were: 2, the west side of 5, the east side of 5 and 4. The areas for teams were: the forest between 4 and 5, the west side of 3, the east side of 3 and the beach.

Force's squad were assigned the forest between 4 and 5. When everyone had been assigned an area, they left the meeting hall. The competition would start the next day.

You can pick the area you are assigned to.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 am

"I'll probably be off to 2," mentioned Spinner to Forceuser, "I hear you're going to the forest. Personally, if I'm on my own, I prefer an urban setting: I seem to click better with it. Anyway, I've got something to tell you - somebody tried to assassinate me just before the meeting - no kidding!"
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:17 am

"Assassinate you?" Force exclaimed, "There's definitely something wrong with that. Did you here that Dux spotted some people he thought were watching him?"

"No. That's very strange. We'll have to keep our eyes open," replied Spinner, "Well good luck in your group."

"And to you to." With that, Force and his squad decided to head back to their hotel to get some rest.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:12 pm

Heh Heh me and my hitman trained team. Force were you serious about it not being right? Or was that just part of the story?

CG moved out to 2 to meet up with his team, he didn't want them to be around when Spinner arrived.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he reached 2, CG ordered the troops assembled there. "Ok people, you know your targets, also pick off a few extra people so no-one makes the connection."
Larkin raised a hand, "I don't have a target sir..."
"Yes I know, you follow Spinner, ok follow, don't shoot. If anyone tries to impede his progress, deal with them. Any more questions? No? Ok, good, I'm off to find Force.

Don't you just love euphormisms? Anyway, I have brought my team in slowly like this to add more of a story, hope you don't mind.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:34 pm

Originally posted by Commander_Gaunt@Feb 14 2005, 12:12 PM
Force were you serious about it not being right? Or was that just part of the story?
[snapback]22265[/snapback]

'Twas just part of the story. If I didn't think it was right, I would post it separate from the story.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:30 pm

Spinner was being followed, and he knew it. He'd been on his guard ever since the incident before the meeting.

Entering the village of 2, he started strolling down the high street, pretending to look in at the shop windows, but in reality taking the opportunity to shoot quick glances behind him. It didn't take him long to realise who was trailing him: two figures stopped dead every time he did, and started off when he did as well. One seemed to have slightly more of an idea about trailing, not making his stops so obvious, but Spinner was still on to them both.

Having confidence in his own abilities, he wasn't very concerned about the figure, but it was annoying him. Deciding to shake him off for the while, he suddenly dodged down a side road and dived into an old, quiet antiques shop.

Within a few seconds, a figure whizzed past the window, shortly followed by the second figure.

Spinner wasn't quite prepared for what happened next: the first figure whipped out an SS 20 and fired two shots at the second one, who had to do a crazy leap-and-dive into the road. Spinner couldn't just stand by doing nothing: bursting out of the door, he drew his XP 15 and fired at the first figure who was just about to fire a third at the figure on the road, one which he couldn't possibly have missed.

The shot was wide, but it had the desired effect: the startled assasin fired back at Spinner, but Spinner had dodged back in the doorway, and with that the assasin disappeared down the street.

Spinner walked over to the stunned figure in the road. "You okay?" he asked. "Didn't hit you, did he?"

"No, I'm okay, thanks," said the figure, "I was supposed to be protecting you, but it seems you've saved me instead...thanks."

Spinner smiled. "No problem. Do you have a name?"

"Yeah, I'm Larkin."

"Okay, Larkin, let's see if this village has an inn or anything like a hotel. And then, after some lunch, no offence but I'm going to have to teach you some better ways to follow people. I was trying to get rid of you two when I dived into that shop." He winked.

"That sounds good to me - I'm starving," replied Larkin, as they set off for the Cricketer's Arms.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:42 pm

Flashback to just before the speaker took to the stage

"Holy **** I'm late!" said Racer as he looked at his watch.

He floored it to the meeting hall in his new, red 3000GT. but the doors had already closed, but seeing as there were no guards, he picked the door's lock, and went in.

End of flashback

"Hmm, I got assigned to 2, seems like a lot of people got assigned there too." said Racer as he looked at a small board with some names on it. "Hey, Spinner got assigned there too, maybe I can join up with him."

He soon set off for 2, he saw two people walking in the road, one looked like Spinner, he pulled up to them. "Want a lift?"
I don't check this forum anymore.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:55 pm

The figure addressed turned round and looked at Racer. "Oh dear...it's not Spinner," thought Racer, "Er...hi there? Sorry, I think I got the wrong person." The guy looked at him coldly, before raising the CPS 1000 Racer only then noticed he was holidng and levelled it at Racer. Racer didn't stop to query the move. Slamming down on the accelerator, he sped off as the blast hit the back of the car. "Whew, that was close," he thought, "I'd better watch out here...seems people aren't too friendly."

Coming into 2, he caught sight of the real Spinner, strolling along with Larkin to the inn. "Hey, Spinner," he called, "It's Racer!"

Spinner turned round. "Hey, Racer," he greeted him, "Good to see you. I didn't know you were over here. We're heading to the Cricketer's Arms, want to head that way? We're going to have a bite to eat."

"Yeah, fine, I'll be right there. I've got a little story to tell you..." replied Racer.

EDIT: Post #987.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:30 pm

Ermm... And what would that story be?

Racer, Spinner, and Larkin arrived at the Cricketers Arms and got themselves a table, they all ate well, and when they were done, Spinner flipped out a brochure with all the rules of the tournement, they went over them and went upstairs to rent some rooms.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:25 pm

Force was in his hotel room going over possible plans. He had a map spread out in front of him. There were lots of places where a base could be built, but he decided it would be best to stay mobile.

Laying back on his bed, Force looked out the window. His eyes traced the line of buildings opposite. Flash. Catching a quick glimpse of something, Force focussed on it. He could just make out a figure.

"Someone's spying on me!" he thought. Pretending not to have noticed them, he casually got up and walked over to the window. He pulled the curtain across. Now he was out of sight, he picked up his XX 50 and pulled on a balaclava. He was going to find out who that was and what they wanted.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:17 pm

Guys, please remember that I, too, am an assassin of sorts:

Monsoon had no interest in joining anybody on a team; teams were a threat to his victory and efficiency on the battlefield. "I.......will head off to the east side of 4." he said nonchalantly. Monsoon twirled his XP 15 in his hand as he walked out the doors.

Monsoon decided to take the thick woods as his route, just in case. He crept slowly; for he had no rush to get to his destination. Just as the day was about to end, in the woods near the eastern side of 4, he heard a noise in front of him. No one is too skilled for me! he thought, and kept on. Emerging from the thick greenery, Monsoon saw that there was someone hiding in a tree just ahead. He didn't do such a good job, I guess. Monsoon hopped up the tree on the opposite side from where the person was looking an drew his Max-P 5000 and soaked the person, who fell and got knocked unconscious. Monsoon spat on him and went to find a place to stay in the eastern side of 4.....

Hey, Force, I guess my balaclava idea was pretty good, eh? I also wear goggles over the eye slits, and mine has to mouth opening to prevent any way of revealing my identity.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:29 pm

"I was supposed to be protecting you, but it seems you've saved me instead...thanks."
No he wasn't! He was there to make you fell paranoid and insecure! There goes my fun. :(

CG noticed Force had closed the curtains, but then laughed when the light went off. Obviously Force wasn't so good at this "staying out of sight" stuff as he'd thought.

He decided to climb up through the window while Force was out (who could resist a terrible movie cliche?), however the plan didn't go as well as he had hoped. As he crept behind the door, Force flung open the door, accidentaly knocking over CG in the process. CG ran round the building, given an extra boost of speed by the door. He went round the shed and then waited for Forces running feet. He span round the shed just as Force was looking through the door, Force stood stock still as a CPS 1000 nozzle gently entered his ear, His balaclava was whipped off and his attacker put it on. Force took advantage of this distraction by swinging round his arm.

CG put up his hands, laughing as he did so. "What's so funny?" asked Force.
"Care to look behind you?"
"Nope, I'm not falling for that one, there's no-one there." That was when a voice spoke from behind him, very softly "My CPS 2500 says there is."
"XPBackfire-esque" said Force.
"Life's a $200EbayCPS2000" observed CG as he took the chance to disarm Force.

After Force and CG had worked out they would probably do better if they didn't fight each other, they set off with Corbec (the guy with the 2500) for the Cricketers Arms for a drink.

They met up with Spinner, Racer and Larkin at the Arms, who were just having a nightcap. They all sat down to talk alliances and tactics

Hint, now would be a good time for someone to introduce an ambush seeing as so many of us are in one place.

[at]Monsoon - My whole squad are assasins and snipers, but we are kind off friendly mercenarys (unlike you it appears). The contrast is shown by are willingness to exploit every cliche in the book and by you spitting on someone (bit harsh). This RP could be fun!
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:01 pm

Sorry, this RP is a little more restricting than the last one, I just wanted there to be a cold-hearted character in this one for effect. However, when the time comes, I'll unite with someone, but only if it helps me in my survival and such.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:03 pm

I think cold hearted people definately add to the character depth of the RP. But my mercenary "assasin" guys are more of the cliched variety. It's just a lot more fun to write IMO.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:33 pm

Name: C.D.
Appearance: 5'9", medium long blond hair, fairly scrawny
Weaponry: Max-d 6000 (xps and fcv modded, black and green paintjob, strap, trigger spring replacement, smallest nozzle drilled out for shotgun blast)
Max-d 2000 (fcv mod, black and green paintjob)
supplies:jackknife, 500mL bottle (attached to belt), 3 water balloons in tennis ball cannister (also attached to belt)
clothing: bue jeans and a dark blue t-shirt.
other: fairly good tactitian, can run for a loooooong time, average speed, prefers city warfare to forests, being outgunned ussually isn't problematic, good fighter for his size/ appearance, good leader.

I didn't join the last one due to the amounts of violence in it. Water wars aren't about knocking your opponent out, they're about soaking your opponent.

C.D. walked down the street towards the meeting hall. His max-d 6000 was slung over his back and 2000 clipped to his belt. He was visiting relatives on east island, so the area wan't all that familiar to him. He'd have to make some allies before the war was over. Arriving at the meeting hall, C.D. took a deep breath, and opened the door...