RP II: The Ensuing Conflict

Post your epic water war tale!
Toaster

Post by Toaster » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:01 pm

whoa. that sounded like a travel brochure. and it's spelled 'autonomous'

Toaster had been unable to find anyone who would tell them what was going on. It was getting tiring, warding off the aggressive individual attacks and moving on. Toaster knew if he could find one of the militia generals from the Tempest Wars, they were likely to get some information instead of a squirt in the face. Or maybe info, then a squirt in the face. Towards that goal, the Armadillo set off for the interior of the island. Toaster had read on the map in the hotel lobby about a fortress/castle/outpost in the centre of the island.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:10 pm

[at]Force-Why is it that only you guys are in the evening after the meeting and we're all in the morning? Didn't you think this would make it confusing? I'm not posting any more story until things are straightened out.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:00 am

I've crossed over, it is now morning for me and my charicter.
I don't check this forum anymore.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:55 am

Dammit, I sure missed out on a bit... <_<

"No hard landings," Ed said, as they approached 1.

"No hard landings," Rick repeated, but...

BANG.

"Rick!"

------------------------------------

"Dammit, we're late." They arrived at 2 with the Honda Innovas they'd managed to rent. The 86 was going to take a week to arrive. Ed noticed that most of the roads he had seen were fairly straight, with gentle corners. This worried him a little, as his 86 was tuned to handle sharp turns, giving up a bit on it's already-low top speed.

There were merely a few stragglers wandering around the main hall when the trio got there.

"No familar faces..." Nat said quietly.

"We'll ask around." Ed then approached someone for the details on the competion.

Anyone I can 'bump' into?

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:45 am

Originally posted by Monsoon@Feb 16 2005, 11:10 PM
[at]Force-Why is it that only you guys are in the evening after the meeting and we're all in the morning? Didn't you think this would make it confusing? I'm not posting any more story until things are straightened out.
[snapback]22387[/snapback]

Well, everyone else got ahead, before we had finished the previous day.

[at] Wetmonkey: Don't forget you should be writing in the third person, not the first.

How come all the "[at]" symbols keep on coming out as [at]?

EDIT: 300th post!
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:49 am

Originally posted by Forceuser@Feb 17 2005, 08:45 AM
How come all the "[at]" symbols keep on coming out as [at]?
[snapback]22400[/snapback]

I believe that is the anti-spam protection for email addresses that Doom installed.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:54 pm

Force was listing to the radio, alert for any sign that Dorden had been found. Suddenly a voice burst out from it.

"We've found 5, repeat we've found 5. Need backup," CG radioed.

"We here you. Give us your position and we'll be there," Stingray replied.

CG gave their position and Stingray and co. headed for them.

Force looked at Milo. "I hope they get back OK."

(Fifteen minutes later)

Force heard movement coming from the forest. Him and Milo raised their weapons. Out appeared CG, followed by the others. Corbec had Dorden over his shoulder.

"Well we found him," CG explained, "But he was out cold. Then we got ambushed by the guys who got him. Luckily we got away OK."

"How many were there?" asked Force.

"Don't know. It was too dark to tell. Speaking of that, we should get some rest. We need to maintain a good patrol though."

On that note, they settled down for the night.

(The next day)

Force awoke slowly. His body not wanting to get up. He opened his eyes and smelt the fresh morning air. It was the day of the first round.

There, that gets everyone at the same time.

EDIT: Well it should really be "the next day" not "the nest day"! :rolleyes:

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:55 pm

Who's stingray? I can't remember at the moment (Hey, that's funny. I'm forgetful)

Wow, I missed a lot, I was only away for a day (booze day trip to France (alcohol is about 50% cheaper there than England, we go once a year to 'stock up&#39 ;) ).

Who invented the name Cricketers Arms for the pub. Any relation to the one in the book 'Lirael'?

CG and Force headed up the small column of troops they were taking down the road. CG turned to Force and handed him a radio, "I think that you should have one, considering the help you've been to us. I've programmed in your number (6) for our closed radio frequency. It's water proof, and reasonably shock proof with a 10 mile radius of reliable operating range. It should come in handy."
"thanks!"

They had got maybe a mile further up the track when a couple of WBL shots rang out. The attackers position was given away however when the ensuing flight of birds rose above the trees. Force ran behind with some troops to flush the attackers out. CG, Larkin and Corbec (the snipers), hid on the other side of the road in some dense bushes. They heard the shouts of the attackers getting louder and nearer, until they burst through the treeline. They came and hid in the same bushes as CG and co in an attempt to hide from Force and the attack. Unfortunately they didn't see CG, Larkin and Corbec until they were all hid point-blank by a 1000, a 2500 and a 2000.

Force arrived, and laughed as CG told him what had happened. The attackers who were either sitting dazed and confused on the ground or lying out cold were the same ones who had held Dorden hostage, they still had his radio, and one of the WBLs belonged to him.

CG and Force ordered their men to sit the prisoners in a line and to confiscate their weapons (because they had taken Dordens). They also took their belts and bootlaces. Then Force had a bright idea, he ordered everyone to stand in a line opposite the attackers and shoot them with their most powerful weapons (although not WBLs).

Afterwards, in silence, they formed up again and marched off down the road.

The taking of belts and bootlaces is a common practice, it prevents the enemy from running, or using a weapon whilst moving. No running otherwise boots fall off, no shooting because then they can't hold trousers up. Hey, that's funny..
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:03 pm

here bunny, you can 'bump' into me and the Sabres.

Toaster spotted a meeting hall as they drove into town. Figuring that'd be the best place to find info, he turned into the parking lot.
(don't include this) "Boy, do I feel like an asphalt," Toaster remarked. ^-^
Walking in, Toaster looked around the meeting hall. There were a few people milling about, most of them talking about strategies. Toaster figured that if any militia vets were here, they'd definitely recognize the neon green t-shirt he was wearing, with a smug grinning Toaster printed on the chest. Eyleascial moved away from the group, looking for someone she could talk to. Toaster went about the same aim, with the guys following.

There. now you even have a recognition mechanism. and sorry about the pun. couldn't resist.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:44 am

Stingray is a member of my squad (see profile). Now that the competition is starting, CG, are you going to stick with me or split up?

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:07 am

I think I'll stick with you if you don't mind. But I'm going away for two days, so just include me and my squad in your posts if you want.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:30 pm

That shirt's familar, Ed pondered as he approached someone.

"Er, 'scuse me? I was rather late-Toaster?"

The mercenary grinned. "'S been a while."

"Yeah. So, what'd I miss?" Toaster filled him on what the organiser had said.

Sorry for the short post. -_-

(I really hate writer's block...)

yeahyeah

Post by yeahyeah » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:54 pm

It was about mid-afternoon when yeahyeah arrived at 5. Feeling hungry yeahyeah wandered towards a burger joint to get food having it be he had walked for close to an hour in the blazing sun. As soon as he walked in he new there would problems because some water warriors were giving him shotty glances. As yeahyeah ordered his food he tried to see what soakers they had, he accounted for 3x blazers, and a CPS 3000. The waitress brought yeahyeah his food minutes later. Right as he picked up his hamburger a stream blasted it in to his face. Yeahyeah stood up yelling"OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!". The other team was almost crying they were laughing so hard as soon as they stood up un-armed yeah pulled out his Monster X and cricket and started blasting away. They fell quickly due to the fact it was unexpected. Yeahyeah wandered over to the soaking wet lumps on the ground to make sure they were out. Seeing their freshly ordered food on the table he put it in his backpack and ran out the door because he knew there would be backup coming for them. As yeahyeah ran down the sidewalk he saw a water warfare tournament. "So this is was force wanted me for...WTF the meeting hall is in 3, thats all the way on the otherside of the island...". Yeahyeah studied a map next to the flyer and figured his shortest distance would be to go through the forest. So after double checking everything he set off to the forest!

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:55 pm

Toaster wanted to fill Ed in on what had been said at the meeting, but he was at a loss, having not been there either. He did, however, offer what information he could. It wasn't much though. Toaster knew that Monsoon was here, there were a lot of newbies, it was some kind of competition, and that it'd apparently already started, judging by the ambush earlier this morning. Ed took all this in, and excused himself to go talk with his group.
Toaster, meanwhile, headed off, looking for Eyleascial. The commander of the Sabres needed to inform his teammate of the encounter with the fellow militiaman.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:48 pm

Wow, this is getting quite boring for me. I'll make an attempt at making it interesting for me:

Monsoon was growing bored. It's the day of the first segment in the tournament and it's 4:00pm, and no one has shown up to challenge him. No one was watching him, no one was following him. Monsoon kicked a stone while taking a stroll down a forest path near 4. He had decided to train, just in case someone actually came to battle. He took shots at squirrels and rabbits while they tried to dart away from him. Good greif, this whole thing was a waste of my time!, he thought. By the time he went back to 4, dusk was already upon him...

So right now, it's night of the first day of the tournament for most of us (I think)
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups