RP II: The Ensuing Conflict

Post your epic water war tale!
bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:12 am

Inside the building, Rick, Racer, Nat, Ed and Rico had just cleared off a batch of Tempest guards, and were now huddled together in a dark corridor looking at the PDA's GPS map intently.

"This building's huge." Racer said.

Rico was holding the PDA's stylus, but when everyone turned to him, he tossed it to Ed. "I ain't know 'bout this tatical thingy."

"I don't know much about it either." Ed tried to push it back. He didn't really like being in the limelight.

"Ay, you the one with the squad, you better at this XPBackfire-esque!"

"Dammit all." Ed took a deep breath and stared at the PDA.

"I say we split up. Rick, follow Rico and search for any blueprints and documents on their weapons around the 1st floor-the Administration level. Racer, the Loading Bays on the ground floor should have some hardware, maybe you could grab some of their stuff and a transport to hual them back to base. Me and Nat will tackle the 2 Basements and search for where they're making the new superweapons." Ed said, then exhaled. Talk about pressure.

"What 'bout the 2nd floor? We do that last?" Nat said.

Ed glanced down on the device and touched the screen with the stylus to bring up the 2nd level. "It's where the high-ups in the Tempests organization have their offices and acommodation, so yes, we'll be getting them last."

"Won't them losers run off when they hear of us attacking the place?" Rick said.

"They won't hear of us until it's too late for them." Ed said, hoping the people around him, suddenly under his control, would have enough skills and common sense to keep this operation as discreet as he and Nat would. "Besides, I have a feeling they're waiting for us."

"So, er, any questions?" They all shook their heads, except for Rick. Ed raised an eyebrow at him.

The boy cracked his mischevious grin. "When do we head out?"

Everyone rolled their eyes (Rico slapped his head), but Ed just smirked and said, "Now."

"Good." He sped off, Rico trailing after him. Everyone else ran off to do their part in Ed's plan.

EDIT: Puncuation and plot

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:42 pm

Originally posted by bunny2002sg@Jun 23 2005, 02:12 AM
"They won't hear of us until it's too late for them, when Force, Toaster and the rest are in here."
[snapback]25468[/snapback]

er... Toaster isn't in the compound... we're waiting at the drop-point for y'all...

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:05 pm

Originally posted by Toaster+Jun 23 2005, 11:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Toaster @ Jun 23 2005, 11:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bunny2002sg@Jun 23 2005, 02:12 AM
"They won't hear of us until it's too late for them, when Force, Toaster and the rest are in here."
[snapback]25468[/snapback]

er... Toaster isn't in the compound... we're waiting at the drop-point for y'all...
[snapback]25471[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

:blink:

Waitaminute, what drop-point?

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:37 pm

Originally posted by bunny2002sg@Jun 23 2005, 11:05 AM
Waitaminute, what drop-point?
[snapback]25472[/snapback]

Um, the clearing where I dropped off Force and you guys?

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:51 pm

Um, the clearing where I dropped off Force and you guys?
[snapback]25493[/snapback]
[/quote]

OK, edited. ^_^

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:42 pm

...ooooooookay, let's see if we can't get this one rolling again.

Toaster sat in the clearing with the Armadillo's engine turned off. He didn't want to risk being discovered while waiting for the others. He told his crew to stay alert nonetheless.

Wontwood glanced up at the surroundings. Seeing nothing, he returned to his work. He was trying to tighten the input lines for the pump on the Scr.apper's weapons. During the battle, he'd noticed they'd started to leak.

Eyleascial sat on a folding stool she'd brought with her. She reclined against the side of the Armadillo, and watched the woods. Poetry began to spin its way into her head, and she got up to look for a notepad.

Bukan was trying to get Toaster to play a game of cards, with little success. Toaster just shrugged him off, told him to keep quiet, and returned to watching the bush.

"AH, DAMMIT!" Wontwood cried as the ring on the line cracked wide open. Toaster hopped out of the vehicle and rushed over.
"SHADDUP!" he hissed. Then, looking at the line, he whispered, "I think we've got a spare ring in the Armadillo. Go get it, and I'll keep watching the woods."
Wontwood dashed off to the vehicle and hopped in, slamming the door behind him. Toaster cringed at the loud bang.

A Tempest scout was prowling through the woods when he heard Wontwood's cry. He assumed it was nothing until he heard the slam of the Armadillo's door. Hearing that, he set off to investigate.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:21 am

Been a long time (again!) since anyone posted in this.

Force carefully watched the trees, his eyes alert for any movement. The Tempests were bound to be angry for the loss of their superweapon. He knew it would only be a short time before they came after them.

"Short, but long enough," he thought.

Rounding a corner, the Armadillo came into sight. Sitting in the middle of the clearing, it was a tempting target. Stingray pulled the truck to a quick stop at the edge. Having spotted Toaster on the other side, Force swung the truck door open and jumped down.

Seeing an unknown vehicle bearing Tempest markings enter the clearing, Toaster thought they were being attacked. He presumed they had been alerted due to the noise the Sabres had been making. Just as he was about to order the Armadillo to open fire, he saw Force. Breathing a sigh of relief, he jogged over.

"So you managed to get it then?"

"Yep, it certainly packs a punch. We blew clean through one of the walls with it."

Toaster shook his head in disbelief. "Good job we've got it now then. We're just doing a few repairs at the moment. Everything should be ready to go when Ed gets back here."

"Excellent. Everything's going to..." Force trailed off mid sentence. He thought he had spotted movement from the trees behind Toaster. Sure enough, a head peeped out again, scanning the clearing.

"We've just been spotted," muttered Force, "Don't turn around, he'll know we've seen him. I'm gonna go after him, but first," Force picked his voice up, loud enough that the scout could hear, "Those Tempests are gonna be surprised when all those explosives we planted in their base go off!"

Realising what Force was doing, Toaster piped in, "Yeah, I can't wait to see the look on their faces when their whole base goes sky high!"

Force saw the Tempest scout pull out a radio and duck out of sight.

"It worked," he whispered, "Now's our chance."

Taking advantage of the scout not looking, Force ran towards him. The scout, finished radioing in the information, looked back round to find someone hurtling straight at him. He turned to run but Force rugby tackled him to the ground. Moving quickly, he pinned the scout to the ground. Force looked back at Toaster.

"We'd better get rid of him quickly and then get the hell out of here!"

EDIT: 400th post! Almost didn't notice it!
Last edited by Forceuser on Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:13 am

Toaster pulled the Tempest to his feet. "How did you find us?" he growled.
The Tempest squirmed pitifully, but could not escape, all his exits blocked. "I... I heard you while I was patrolling..." he stammered.
Toaster motioned to Wontwood, who headed for the Armadillo. "If you followed us, we'll leave you out here tied up," Toaster threatened, as Wontwood returned with plastic handcuffs and proceeded to bind him.
"I didn't follow you! I'd been sent out to patrol this area, and I heard some speaking and a door slam!" the Tempest wailed.
Luke leaned over and whispered to Toaster. Nodding, Toaster cast the Tempest to the ground and demanded, "Where is your partner? Tempests don't travel alone!"
"My partner and I split up to cover more ground," the now-dirty Tempest explained.
"Hmph. Wontwood, Bukan, keep a lookout for his buddy. Monkey, help me with 'im." Toaster ordered. Together, they hauled the captive to the Armadillo and tossed him in the back. Turning to Force, he murmured, "We'll dump him in town. You guys head back to the warehouse. We'll meet you there."
Nodding in agreement, Force gathered his men onto their stolen truck and headed out. Toaster explained to his comrades in whispers so as not to tip off the prisoner. Then, they too headed out.

The second Tempest crouched as the vehicles' headlights raked over the bushes where he hid. His partner had had the radio, so he stealthily headed for the edge of the forest to warn the Tempests.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:32 pm

Racer walked into the loading bay, it was empty with mostly CPS 2100, which the milita has lots of already, and PVC, but he looked through a door and went into a room that looked like a garage. He saw lots of CPS 2500's and...

A flat grey Tom's Toyota Altezza 280T, his dream car.

He loaded up the car with the 2500's and PVC and sped off to the base. On the way back he sold his 3000GT, making the 280T his permanent car.

He found Ed again and asked, "What now?"
I don't check this forum anymore.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:02 pm

Toaster was sitting at the desk in his warehouse office, doodling on a sketchpad. Force and his group hadn't arrived yet, despite the extra time the Sabres had taken, dropping off the Tempest in a back alley, bound and gagged. Someone would find him in the morning.
"Hey Pip! C'mere and play some Yugioh with us!" Wontwood called.
"And get royally butt whomped? No thanks!" Toaster yelled back.
"Suit yourself!" came the reply from Bukan.
Toaster went back to doodling, drawing a rough map of the island, with shorthand notes describing battles and things of interest. Eyleascial walked into the office, and sat down in the chair across the desk from Toaster.
"Whatcha doin'?" she asked, leaning forward to see what was on the sketchpad.
"Oh, just idle doodling," Toaster replied. "How've you been keeping busy?"
"Pretty much the same," she said, holding up a few sketches of her own. "Hey, when do you think Force'll be back?" she asked.
Toaster shrugged. "Dunno what's taking 'em so long. Hope they're safe."
"Me too," Eyleascial agreed.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:02 pm

Force wasn't paying much attention to keeping a look out on the way back. The Tempests would be searching the forest, so there shouldn't be any problem. Plus the fact he was fatigued and couldn't be bothered. Unfortunately for his squad, it meant he was oblivious to the Tempests watching them from the trees. Tipped off by the second scout, they had set up an ambush futher along the road.

"We should be back soon," Stingray called over, drawing Force back to reality.

"What, oh, yeah," Force mumbled back, "Sorry, I wasn't with it."

Stingray laughed, but he was cut short and an expression of shock appeared on his face.

"What is it?" asked Force, confused. Looking forwards, he saw what the problem was, and it was a big problem.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:15 pm

Toaster had had enough. "Force must be in trouble, guys," he told his crew. They all agreed; it was now the middle of the night.
"We gotta go and see if they're all right," Wontwood said, getting in the seat of the Scrapper. Eyleascial got on her bike, and the rest of them piled into the Armadillo, and headed out to look for their comrades.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:38 pm

This is just a general announcement (after seeing the last post): absolutely NO words are censored at the moment, and I doubt crap ever was. Not only that, but previously most every word was set to filter only if the word was by itself (not inside of another word). I'd suggest doing a preview before trying the techniques to get around word filters. Nearly every time I've seen those tricks employed, no filter was on that word!

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:58 pm

Ben wrote:This is just a general announcement (after seeing the last post): absolutely NO words are censored at the moment, and I doubt crap ever was. Not only that, but previously most every word was set to filter only if the word was by itself (not inside of another word). I'd suggest doing a preview before trying the techniques to get around word filters. Nearly every time I've seen those tricks employed, no filter was on that word!

actually, in the last version of the boards, every time i tried to write out Scrapper, it came out as SXP-Backfire-esqueper. i will edit that now.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:25 pm

(this is NOT a true bump. it's been more than two weeks.)

Toaster drove the Armadillo back into the warehouse. They'd had no luck finding Force and his guys. They had decided as a group to wait until morning, then go out in the light to look for them.

Pip looked around him. Everywhere he turned, he saw muddy ground. All around him, the earth was soaked. Spinning about once more, he saw that he was alone. He sat down on his little island of dryness, and called out, "HELLO!? Is anyone there?"
He then saw figures striding through the mud towards him. Shouting, he inquired of them, "Who's there? Who are you?" The figures remained silent as they continued their march. Genuinely frightened now, Pip got up and tried to run away through the mud.
When he put his foot down into the wet earth, it sank straight down, and began to pull him with it. He managed to wrest his leg free of the mud and fell back onto his spot. The figures continued their march, still too distant to recognize as anyone, but coming ever forward.
Frightened, Pip sat and waited for them to get closer. When they were close enough to see detail, he saw that they were his crew, covered in mud. Much relieved, he cried out to them, "Hey guys! Can you help me get out of here? I can't get through this mud!" The five people continued silently on. He repeatedly called to them, trying to get them to recognize him.
When they reached the island, the mud caked and fell off of them. Only then did Pip see that they were not his crew; they merely looked like his friends.
The one that looked like Raelene turned to him and said, "You fool. I don't love you, and never will." 'Jeff' said, "You're stupid. You can't figure anything out."
The taunts continued in this fashion, getting louder and louder until it was an unbearable roar. Pip stumbled back and fell into the mud. The sticky ooze swallowed him.

Toaster sat bolt upright in his chair, a piece of paper stuck to the side of his face. After a minute of disorientation, he realized he was in the office of the warehouse the Sabres had made their headquarters. He realized he'd been having a nightmare, and pulled the paper off his cheek. He went to the bathroom to get a glass of water, then went and got into one of the cots that had been set up for the people in the warehouse. He lay there until morning, unable to get the taunts and images out of his head.

Later, they set out to look once again for Force and his crew, and the Broadsword clone they'd stolen from the Tempests.