RP II: The Ensuing Conflict

Post your epic water war tale!
bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Sat May 28, 2005 4:38 pm

Dammit all, I held everyone up... -_-

The man told Ed about the vehicle-cloning plan and of the Broadsword 2.0.

"My agents also uncovered part of a plan to eliminate you, your young friend and your lover-"

Ed felt his face starting to burn. "Hold it, lemme clarify something- Nat's not my 'lover', she's-"

"-a good friend? I've heard the excuses before." the man smirked, as Rico visibly fought not to laugh.

"No-shut up Rico-she's my girlfriend!"

"Ain't that being lovers, man?" Rico said with that wide grin again.

"Can we get back to the subject?" Ed half-growled.

"Rico!" The man said sternly and the mercenary straightened himself.

"Most of the aforementioned plan is under wraps, and only the Tempest Commanders know the full details. However, what I can confirm is that they are attempting to train a very small batch of elite warriors in secret."

Ed frowned. "How many people?"

"The exact number is unknown, but I can deduce it to be below 10. They are to be trained in the areas that you, your 2 close friends and other unmentioned people have weaknesses in-"

"-thereby eliminating me, Nat, Rick, and 7 other people fighting against their reign of power."

The man nodded. "In a nutshell, yes." He then made to turn back to the projected screen, but he stopped mid-push. "I've uploaded a map of 6 to this PDA. You and the Militia may find it more useful than you think it would be." He tossed the device to Rico, who caught it neatly. "The extra equipment has been sent to your hotel room. You may go."

"One more thing," Ed said. "You haven't told me your name."

The man exhaled. "I cannot tell you my name, for security reasons."

"You knew mine already. And I don't prefer working for someone I don't even know."

"As a mercenary, you may have to."

"How will I identify you? I can't go around calling you The Black Guy in the Keyboard Chair, right?"

For the first time since they met, the man's eyebrows furrowed for a moment, than relaxed a bit. "My codename is M." He then fingered something on his armrest.

The floor opened underneath Ed and Rico and they slid through a pipe with many corners. Ed bumped his head on many of them before he was dumped near the Charger. Rico however, landed on his feet.

"Is this some kind of punishment for pushing him?" Ed said, furiously rubbing his head while getting up.

"Quick Dispatch System, yo. He fixed it up when the rest of da guys were whining about da stairs. Only problem's that you gotta know when it twists and when it stops." Rico then smirked. "'Just a girlfriend?'"

"Yes, we're not serious yet. Shut up."

"Well amigo, if ya really wanna be the first to get her in the sack, ya better hurry up, most blokes won't pass up any opportunities as good as her."

"Are you driving or not?" Ed snapped. I'm going to kill Rico if he dosen't shut up.

------------------------------

"Is the nitrous done?" Ed said to Amos when he opened the garage door.

"She's almost ready to fly, holmes!" Amos exclaimed, walking towards them with a blue bottle in his hands. "You do the honours," he said, gesturing to a hose in the 86's trunk and winking cheekily. Rolling his eyes, Ed cradled the canister and connected it to the hose.

-----------------------------

"Hey, when you blow past those ricers out there, do me a favour and tell 'em 10-second Amos gave ya a boost!"

"Just so long as they're still around for me to tell them," Ed said, hi-fiving Amos' offered hand while shifting into 1st and hardly waited for Rico to close the door before vrooming off for the hotel at 3.

Force, take it as I've arrived and I've got Nat and Rick with me when you post.

EDIT: Spelling and plot

Mutton

Post by Mutton » Sun May 29, 2005 3:44 am

The mule skidded round the bend and charged down the road. The two gun turrets squirting water at the enemy troops. Fearghas into a higher gear and yelled to Mikey to keep firing. His sister Helen was running out of ammo and they were only hal way to the base Daniels type II mule troop transport followed them Fearghas swerved into an alley and followed it. He skidded out onto the road and drove through the slowly closing doors of the base with Daniels transport right behind. Fearghas climbed out and looked at the remains of the suad, Ryan, Helen, Daniel, Mikey, and James. They would have to meet up with Toaster at the parking lot that night.
I'm from Scotland and I like Haggis!

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 29, 2005 2:41 pm

^ All story text should be in bold

The Militia had finally finished building their fort on the headland near the town of 2. They knew that it would be a while before the Tempests could mass produce their Broadsword clones.

Staring out from the inner wall, Duxburian could see all the towns on the island, and the main Tempest base now caught his eye. He spotted The Sabres' camp, identifying their vehicles through a pair of binoculars. Nearby were many others, and it looked like they were assembling for a raid of the Tempest base.

"This position is secure for a while, so let's go down and help with the raid." Leaving 8 behind to guard the Militia fort, Duxburian and the 7 others grabbed WBLs and headed off in their jeeps toward the place where he had spotted the Sabres and the group of others.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun May 29, 2005 3:06 pm

OK, I'll start the raid as soon as I've clarified one thing. Toaster, where exactly are you dropping us?

Mutton, feel free to join in, but can you post a profile please and make sure you post the story in bold. Thanks.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun May 29, 2005 3:08 pm

Would it be possible if I could as well please? I would post a profile.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun May 29, 2005 3:10 pm

Of course, please feel free. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun May 29, 2005 3:42 pm

Thanks, my profile.

Name: Snake
Personality: Always positive and looking on the bright side, caring, willing to help in tough situations, excited, always on the look out for new things.
Appearance: Stealthy (people don't notice I'm there sometimes&#33 ;) , getting taller, working on toughness.
Clothing: Dark jeans, black top, trainers and a bandana.
Position: I'm my own Commander (duh&#33 ;)
Squad: On my own, fending for myself like Snake does in the Metal Gear Solid series! Hoping to meet up with other people to help!
Main Weapon: Camo Painted CPS 1500 with Sniper Scope and Laser Site
Backup Weapon: XP 95
Gear: A backpack full of gadgets and tools, medical kits.etc. Some include thermal goggles, power torch, microphone, rope, binoculars, mobile phone (Nokia 7610), radio, knife, ultra long range laser, fun snaps (you'll get to know what they are eventually), flare gun, lighter, a remote control spy car with a video camera, a load of water bombs, a 2 Litre water bottle, nice food and most important of all money!
Allegiance: Helping Militia members with the Tempest War and taking out tempests and other enemies round the island while exploring and investigating.
Vehicle: Motorized Dingy to get to and roam around the island to different locations and a Ferrari 360 Moderna.

Mutton

Post by Mutton » Sun May 29, 2005 4:36 pm

OK here's my profile

Name: Fearghas
Height: I can't be bothered measuring.
Team name: Scots
Team:
Mikey (sniper)
James (second in command)
Helen (scout)
Daniel (heavy weapons)
Ryan (sabotage)

Main Weapon: XP 270
backup: Triple Shot
Vehicles: Mule and Mule Type II Troop Transport

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun May 29, 2005 7:38 pm

Snake had heard very interesting things in the newspaper about what exciting things were happening on the island. He went to look in his soaker collection to arm up.

"Wow! Its been ages since I looked in here!" He said in surprise.

He looked through and found his CPS 1500 and XP 95.

"Perfect!" He said positively.

First, he decided to camo paint his CPS 1500 prevent guards from seeing him as easily and he also put a sniper scope with a laser site on it to target and see enemies in the dark better if in a bad situation.

Afer that, Snake went outside of his lovely home into his big garden to test if they still worked and performed well. They were still as good as new.

"Now its time to get geared up" Snake said excitedly.

He got his backpack and put all of his supplies and gadgets in which were: medical kits, thermal goggles, power torch, microphone, rope, mobile phone (Nokia 7610), binoculars, radio, knife, ultra long range laser, fun snaps, flare gun, lighter, a remote control spy car with a video camera, a load of water bombs, a 2 Litre water bottle, nice food and most important of all money!

Snake was ready and fully geared up. He got his special car emloyers to import his Ferrari 360 Moderna to a secret location at the docks that he knew about that nobody else would.

When he got the confirmation that it was there he got his motorized dingy ready and set off for the island. It was going to be a fairly but not too long journey.

As you can see I am on my way geared up. ^_^

Mutton

Post by Mutton » Sun May 29, 2005 9:57 pm

That night Fearghas's team prepared some water pistols and mikey filled his trusty
CPS 2000 and they headed out. Mikey hid in a dark ally so he would not be seen and they waited. suddenly a blast of water hit the ground nearby they dived for cover and returned fire. Mikey gave covering fire but was soon captured. After a brief fight fearghas's team was soon captured he was put under guard as they were taken to the enemy camp. By looking at the guard he realized that it had been a trap. He suddenly turned around and kicked the gun out of his hand and shot 2 of the other guards he grabbed a radio and yelled, "we are under guard request immediate help!" Suddenly a bunch of guards grabbed him and took him to the enemy base with the rest of his team.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon May 30, 2005 12:09 am

I have no more ideas, someone include me in their post.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon May 30, 2005 9:42 am

Snake was getting closer to the island. He could see it in the very far distance. An outline of the future. It was getting to the evening. It was getting darker which turned to Snakes advantage as he would be less easily seen when he arrived there.

"Nearly there" He said quietly.

The tide was starting to get a bit more out of control. A flash of lightning flared up the sky in the distance. Snake knew he had to get to the island as quickly as he could before the weather was going to take a turn for the worst.

A few drops of rain started to come down as Snake felt a drop going on to his shoulder and sending shivers down his spine.

"Darn, just my luck, the weather always seems to challenge me in a situation like this" Snake said in an angry, but quiet voice.

The race to get there on time before disaster struck was on.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon May 30, 2005 3:05 pm

Racer found a safe spot and radioed out the Tempest's plan.

He went back to the hotel for his 3000GT, and he met Ed there.

"Hey Ed! Wassup?"
I don't check this forum anymore.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Mon May 30, 2005 10:28 pm

I'm dropping the strike team off in a clearing in the small patch of trees just east of the wall. Less than a kilometre, so it should be an easy walk for you guys.
And how did I suddenly get to 2?

Toaster sat on top of the Armadillo's cab. He was drawing in his small black sketchbook. He finished his drawing, and flipped the page to begin another. He was surprised to find the back cover under his pencil. He looked around at what his crewmates were doing during the time before nightfall.
Wontwood was busy motoring around in the Scra.pper, testing its limits. He'd built it in a skid-steer configuration, with one small motor for each track. The vehicle was small. The driver needed to stand, although in a pinch, he could sit on the weapon's resevoir. The weapon itself was a high-pressure cannon. The pump was driven by an engageable chain feed on one of the engines, so it pressurized quickly. Wontwood had tested it, and found its operational range to be upwards of 150 feet.
Eyleascial sat in the town library, reading a novel. She saw the words, but wasn't actually reading them. There was far too much on her mind.
Monkey, ever cautious, was walking around the Armadillo, checking its hull and tires.
Bukan and Luke were working with some of the militia guys, building a couple of cannons that Toaster had named Taurus Cannons. They were single-barreled, but had greater range and power than the Geminis. However, they were big, heavy, and needed a powerful compressor to run, so they were being built to be mounted as defenses.
Toaster sighed, jumped down from the cab (which startled Monkey), and walked over to the front gate of the walls, from which he proceeded to enter the militia compound to see if he could find Force and his group to finalize the raid's details.

EDIT: had to put the period in the name of Wontwood's vehicle to get around the filter.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue May 31, 2005 8:51 pm

Snake was getting ever closer to the island. The rain was really starting to come down and the pressure on Snake was building.

Another huge bolt of lightning lit up the sky to Snakes amazement.

"WOW! I've never seen a thunderstorm this bad and amazing before"

While in the risk of getting shipwrecked Snake was enjoying himself bedazzled by the massive thunderstorm. He was getting very close to the docks where his car was parked in a secret lock-up. The tide getting awfully terrifying and fierce, Snake was nearly out of the danger zone.