RP I: The Tempest Rises

Post your epic water war tale!
Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:18 pm

"I can't get through to Forceuser on the radio," said Spinner to himself, "funny," but then his mind turned to other matters as the few Tempests ahead of them ducked into a side room. The door slammed. "Quickly, guys, before they can lock it!" called Spinner, as they threw their weight against the door. It moved open a couple of centimetres as they battled against the force of the enemies trying to close it on the other side. Spinner jammed his foot in the doorway. Whipping out his XP 15, he pushed his arm round the door and called "Hands up!"

There was a gasp of fear from the enemies on the other side of the door, and the pressure was released. Spinner and the other were able to move in, covering the Tempests.

"Okay guys, looks like your fighting is over for today. Let's have some information. Where's our other party?"

One spoke up. "If you're talking about the ones that tried to infiltrate the building earlier, we eliminated them. None were left."

"WHAT?!" yelled Spinner. "Forceuser, Monsoon - finished?" His fists clenched, and his knuckles whitened. "You will pay," he ground out from between his teeth, "Oh my goodness, you will pay..."

His eyes were full of hatred as he called. "Sergeant! Tie up these men and gag them. Be quick."

As the sergeant perfomed his duties, Spinner stared fixedy into the middle distance. Forceuser...Monsoon...Racer...all over for them. This couldn't be. They had to be avenged.

The sergeant was finally finished with them, and turned to Spinner. "Ready, Sergeant?"

"Ready, sir. What next?"

"We're going through this building to find every last Tempest and punish them. They're going to pay for what they've done to the others. Let's move!"

The sergeant moved obediently towards the door, and Spinner followed.

"Right," said Spinner, "Let's move it. Anyone you find, blast them with all you've got. Let's blaze through this building."
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:06 pm

Spotting Racer's GTO, the duo ran into the building and gunned down many of the Tempests in the lobby.

"Come in, Force!" Nat said in the radio. Ed was demolishing the last few soldiers.

"Force, d'you copy?" No answer.

Ed threw the last Tempest on to a table. "Anything, Nat?"

"Can't get him. Nothing but the damned static."

"Fine, I've got another way." He walked over to the Tempest lying on the table. "Where're your friends?"

The soldier glared at him. "Go screw your girl, jerkoff."

Ed slammed him on the wall and punched his eye out.

"Lemme handle him," Nat said. "How 'bout she screws you?" she purred at the Tempest, and he smirked.

"Be my guest, you slut. Maybe I'll play the teacher."

"Mmm? But this particular girl knows of many techniques."

"Nat..." Ed started to open his mouth, but she just laid a finger on his lips and moved over as if she wanted to kiss him.

"BDSM. Act envious," she whispered when she got close.

"What's-mmf!" Nat kissed him, getting him to shut up.

"You'll see." She took out a whip from her pocket.

(2 minutes later)

"ARRGGH! Stop it-OWWW!"

"I told you, we could do this the easy way-" she used the end of her whip to tickle his nose-"or the hard way." She made to stamp on the guy's stomach.

"Ok, ok I'll talk, I'll talk, I'll talk!" He babbled. There was fear in his eyes as he eyed Nat's heel. "I-I'll radio them, ask them wh-where they are." He shakily took out his radio, but dropped it again.

"Naughty boy." She smacked him again.

"S-sorry." He pressed the 'talk' button. "Cm'in, Ricardo."

"Ricardo here, everything ok on your side?"

"Yes, the intruders have been eliminated. Where's your group?"

---------------------------------------------

Force was firing at the many Tempests, but they were running out of water.
Suddenly the troops turned around, gunning at two figures. Ed and Nat charged them, returning fire and dodging many of the shots.

When they finished off the last of them, Ed let out a small sigh of relief. "Where's Racer and Monsoon?"

"They went up the stairs." Force pointed.

"Ok. Let's go, Nat- dammit!" Nat was struggling from the grip of a Tempest.

He jabbed his WBL on Nat's head. "All of you get outta here before I take her out!" he screamed.

"Nat!" Ed aimed his Blazer. The others raised their weapons.

"Get out!"

"Let her go!"

"No way in Hasbro HQ!"

Then a shot from behind. The WB smacked on the back of the Tempest's head. He loosened his grip and Nat punched him on the nose, rendering him unconcious.

"Rick?"

"Ok Ed, what you did was pretty low." Rick said as he walked towards them.

"Whaddaya mean?"

Rick wasn't looking at Ed. "Leaving me behind. You knew I had no means of transport."

Ed's eyes widened. He had forgotten about that. "Rick, I-"

"Forget it."

"I knew I wasn't a good mentor."

Rick looked at him. "Really?"

"Really. I just tried helping you." Ed was looking away this time.

"Ed, if I did anything wrong, I wanna say sorry."

"No, I should be apologising. You didn't do anything wrong at all."

Rick shook his head. "Maybe I shouldn't have walked away when you were-"

"Blabbing on about a car?" Ed laughed softly. "You had every reason to."

Nat was suddenly angry. "You 2 are so stupid!" She stormed up the stairs as they gave her bemused looks.

Rick sighed as they ran after Nat. "Girls are so hard to understand." Ed grinned.

Slightly further up, Nat muttered, "Boys are so hard to understand."

There will always be a gender gap... :Hey, that's funny.:

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:43 pm

Toaster was trotting around Central Square, searching buildings for militiamen. All he'd found so far was unconscious Tempests and some spent weapons. He exited the building and headed for the next one. Before he entered, he heard Eyleascial call out.
"I think I've found something!" she cried.
Dashing over, Toaster climbed up to the floor that Eyleascial had called from. She was standing at a door, her pistols at the ready.
"What is it?" Toaster whispered, coming up beside her.
"I saw someone in there. They don't seem to notice that the fighting has ended here. He nearly got me when I looked in." Eyleascial hissed back.
Hoisting the Red Baron and an oversize WB, he signalled for her to open the door. As soon as the portal swung open, what looked to be a 20X stream blew through the doorway. Swinging quickly in with the doorframe, he saw a militiaman frantically pumping his gun. Toaster called to the man, "We are militia! Don't shoot!"
"Yeah right, Tempest scum!" the militiaman cried as he jumped up and fired again. Toaster just managed to dodge, and swung back into the hall.
"HEY! I'm Toaster. I'm the commander of the Sabres mercenary group! We're on your side!"
"Sure, and I'm the king of France!" the militiaman called back defiantly.
"That's it. Gimme that," Eyleascial hissed as she grabbed the water balloon from Toaster and chucked it at the guy in the room, dodging a stream as she did so.
"RAE! What the Hasbro HQ? Why did you do that?" Toaster exclaimed.
"He wasn't going to give up, so I made him." Eyleascial said matter-of-factly, standing over the now insensate militiaman.
Toaster hauled the militiaman out of the room and into one of the office spaces. He took the gun, which appeared to be a homemade in a MXL shell, and set it across the room from the unconscious young man.
Still keeping an eye on the militiaman, Toaster proceeded to enlighten Eyleascial as to the finer points of diplomacy.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:29 am

Force and Sophie ran up the stairs after Ed and co, leaving Stingray and Piranha at the bottom. As they got to the top, they came out into a smallish room, with a shut door at the end. Lying on the floor was ten elite WBL armed Tempests. They moved towards the door. Force stood in front of it, ready to kick it open. The others raised their weapons. Force kicked. The door swung open...

Racer or Monsoon, take it from here.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:18 pm

The militiaman was coming around. He groaned and felt his head, finally opening his eyes when he found no suspicious lumps.
What he saw was the nozzle selector of the Red Baron, next to the barrel of Eyleascial's weapon. Backing off, the militiaman seemed startled, as he was entitled to be. He looked up at the duo guarding him, and asked, "Where am I? Who are you?"
"You're in the office space about ten feet from the door of your little hideout, and we're Toaster and Eyleascial of the Sabres." Toaster said calmly, lowering his gun and offering the man his hand. "We would like to know who you are, and if you know anything about the fighting in the city."
"I'm Charles. And I don't know anything about the fighting. I thought it was still going on here." the militiaman replied.
"Well Charles, the fighting stopped about two hours ago. It moved on to another part of the city. We assume the militia drew the Tempests away, to allow someone to escape, or infiltrate somewhere." Eyleascial said as Charles got to his feet.
"Hmph. Sounds like Neko, leaving me here without a clue as to what's going on. I don't think he likes me, you know." Charles grumbled.
Rolling his eyes, Toaster went to retrieve the kid's weapon. As he did so, he heard a shout from out on the square. He forgot about Charles' gun and dashed to the window. Looking out, he saw Monkey waving to him, and gesturing to the rubble of the toppled building. Thinking someone might be trapped, Toaster dashed down the stairs and across the square to the debris. He had been right.
A young man wearing militia colours was pinned under a section of wall. He looked to be alright, but he couldn't move and he looked like he was hurting from the pressure.
Toaster looked around at the rubble pile for something he could use to help. He spotted a 4x4 beam and hoisted it over. Using it as a lever, he pried the wall off the man, and Monkey dragged him out. Seeing an XX50 under the section, Monkey put the militiaman a safe distance from the wall and grabbed the gun. Toaster let the wall down with a great crash, and picked his way over to the wounded kid. He seemed to have some serious bruising and possibly a strained ankle, but luckily nothing was broken. He was outcold though and he may have had a concussion. Picking up one side and Monkey the other, they carried the militiaman into the office building and laid him down on one of the desks.
Charles was walking around the office, looking for something. When Toaster and Monkey came in and laid the militiaman down, Charles hurried over.
"That's Neko! Hmph. Probably got run over." Charles guffawed.
"Actually, he was trapped under a section of wall from that building we demolished earlier. He may have been trying to stop the supertanks from knocking this building down." Toaster chided the militiaman.
"Oh. Well, I'll see if there's a first-aid kit around here." Charles said, hurrying off.
Toaster smirked and left Neko to Charles. He and the Sabres resumed the search for others, hoping that they'd find something more helpful.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:25 am

Monsoon and Racer saw Force and Sophie approach. Racer greeted them and gave them the plan, "Me and Monsoon.......errr I mean we are going to storm the third floor." Monsoon sighed, "Yep, as long as the commander is mine." Force and Sophie readied their soakers. "Okay, I'll peek up ahead to see what we're dealing with, okay?" said Monsoon. The others nodded and he crept to the next set of stairs. Looking above the stairs, Monsoon spotted a small room on the far side of the room, locked tight and barricaded with a squad of elite Tempest troops guarding it. He went back down slowly and accidentally slipped. "Hey, what the Hasbro HQ was that?" asked one of the Tempests. The enemies ran over to the stairs, only to get drench with water balloons. The team unleashed a steady four streams of water at the group of ten Tempests from their weapons. Done with the job, the four secured the final floor of the building. Monsoon picked the lock at the door and broke the wood. As he started turning the doorknob with his CPS 4100 ready, he thought to himself, This is it. This is really it. He's all mine!. The door swung open and Monsoon dove inside, did a sumorsault and opened fire on the individual behind a desk. The Tempest commader ducked under the desk just in time. "Come out, come out where ever you are....." Monsoon whispered. The enemy commander popped out with an XP 15 and shot a stream of cold water straight at Monsoon's head. Monsoon used his CPS 4100 as a shield and soaked the last man in the way of peace on the south island. Monsoon threw him to the ground and dumped the rest of his water on him. He tied him up and left him in the room, trashing the computer and radio on the desk. He locked the door behind him as he looked back at Racer, Force, and Sophie. "So, how'd it go?" Force asked. Monsoon smiled, "Well, I think that this is all over now. The only things left to do now I guess are clean this island up and then celebrate!". The group all smiled. They went down the steps and into the sunlight.....

Now if a few people could post a few ending posts....
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:32 am

Once some other people post their endings I will post mine.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:02 am

As they exited the building, they saw Spinner running over. "Force...Racer...Monsoon? You're all OK!" Spinner said, stunned, "I thought you had been eliminated." "Nope." Force replied smiling, "And we just took down the commander. I think you need to send out a message to the whole island, we've won." Force handed Spinner his radio.

I'll do my end bit after Spinner has finished this bit.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:30 pm

"This small radio won't be big enough to broadcast to everyone on the island," decided Spinner, "Let's head to the local radio station." So, jumping in the jeep, they all set off.

Arriving at the station, nothing seemed to be going on, so they headed to the broadcast room. As they came in, they met two young men playing cards on the table. They scrambled to their feet as the armed party marched in. "No stress guys, we're friendly. What's been going on?"

The younger one spoke up. "Not much, really, sir. There's been nothing to broadcast since the Tempests fled the area."

"Okay, well here's some work for you to do. Get to the controls, and we'll make a broadcast on all main channels."

The radiomen obediently installed themselves at the controls, and signalled to Spinner to begin.

"Friends. This is Major-General Spinner of the North Island Militia speaking. After a fiercely fought battle, we are pleased to announce that the Tempest scourge has finally been cleared from the South Island."

All over the island, people stopped and listened in amazement to what was coming out of their radio. Back in the North Island, a massive cheer went up. An end to rationing!

Spinner explained some more essentials, but that was the gist of his speech. Once he had finished, he turned to the others. "There's one loose end that hasn't been tied up," he said, "Toaster, remember a certain sniper that took a pot shot at you?"

Toaster mused. "Yes, yes I do, come to think of it. Why, what about him?"

"Just wondering...is that guy in civvies with a CPS 2000 anything like him?" asked Spinner, pointing towards the window.

Toaster started. "Goodness me, you're right! Wait while I get him..."

"Wait," ordered Spinner, "let's just watch him for a moment..."

They watched as the figure crept along the road, keeping to the shadows. Suddenly, three rogue Tempests jumped out and attacked him with CPS 1200s. Dodging the streams, he let loose two blasts from the mighty 2000, jumped back while pumping, and shot the other one with another blast.

"Three Tempests at once...that's good enough for me," declared Spinner, "Let's go down and talk."

Arriving on the street, they called out to the lone figure, who was repumping his gun slowly. "Hey there, nice shooting."

The figure looked up. "Thanks. I can't stand those Tempests." Then he recognised Toaster. "Oh no, hey now, nothing personal, right?"

Spinner cut in. "Don't worry mate, it's forgotten. We'd like to make you an offer though, join our side? We could do with a sniper like you to clear up the remaining Tempests. And we can always offer you some benefits."

The figure considered. "Get rewarded for shooting Tempests? Sounds good to me. Consider it a deal." They shook hands.

"Incidentally, what's your name?" asked Forceuser as they moved off.

The figure smiled. "Cloud."

The party moved off towards the militia camp, for some well-earned rest.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:54 pm

As they were walking off, Force turned towards his squad, "Well done men...and women. I think we all deserve a vacation." Force put his arm around Sophie. "So where do you want to go?" He asked her, "How about camping?" "Reminds me too much of this war." She replied, "Plus, it's not very romantic." "OK then, how about sailing?" Sophie glared at him. "OK, what about...hiking? Ow, that hurt. OK, OK, a nice relaxing stay on a hot island far away." "That's more like it." Sophie kissed him. Force looked at her and grinned, "And I get to see you in a bikini...Owww." They walked off together, Force rubbing his stomach...

And that's me finished.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:17 pm

Monsoon, content with his personal victory over the Tempests was still empty with where he would end up. Having no family to go home to, he walked off toward 5 to hitch a ride somewhere when he heard someone calling him behind him.....
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:53 pm

Toaster was overjoyed. The war was finally over. It had been hard, and long, and he couldn't wait to get back to his family and friends. He was packing up the Armadillo, getting ready to go. There was just one little matter to attend to...
Toaster took off in search of one of the commanders. Spotting Monsoon, he ran up, calling out for him to stop. Monsoon turned around and waited for Toaster to catch up.
"Hey, Monsoon. Glad the war's over, eh?" Toaster asked.
"Yeah. Hey, I was wondering, could I maybe join the Sabres?" Monsoon inquired.
"Umm... well, the Sabres are really a local group..." Toaster started.
Interrupting, Monsoon said "Oh. I see. Well, I guess this is goodbye."
Stopping the militia commander, Toaster exclaimed, "But hey, nobody's stopping you from recruiting a squad in your town. We could start a national mercenary franchise."
"Yeah! That's a great idea! Here, let me give you some contact info, so we can keep in touch." Monsoon said, scribbling down a mailing address and phone number on a piece of paper.
Taking the paper, Toaster whipped out a professional-looking business card. It read:

-The Sabres-
Mercenary Fighters
"We slash the enemy, so you can stay dry."

Monsoon took the card, and was about to walk off, when Toaster caught him by the shoulder. "You need a ride?"
"Thanks, that'd be great." Monsoon replied, turning to walk back with Toaster.
As they walked off, Toaster said in an offhand voice, "You know, we are mercenaries, the Sabres. And we haven't been paid..."

heh heh... thought you'd get away free, didn't y'all? :D

EDIT: made the business card a little easier to read.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:23 am

Racer got in his 3000GT and drove away... Back home... And boy was it a suprise to his parents to see him driving a car with manual transmission.

He got on his modded computer and logged on to his favorite super soaker website, SSCentral, where he read a full report on the war in a thread called 'RP.'

A thought rushed through his mind; "We've been a team forever and we always will..."

The End for me
I don't check this forum anymore.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:08 am

When everyone's finished their final posts, I suggest we lock the thread and then I'll (or if anyone else particularly wants to do it then they can) put it all together and edit any bits that need doing. Then I think that it should be put up on the main site.

As for a new RP, what are everyone's thoughts? Wait a while then start one; start one and wait while everyone posts bits about themselves; go straight into a new one or not have one? I have thought up what I think is a good new storyline which would involve much more one-on-one and small group combat. If people are interested I'll post some more about it.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:44 am

I haven't finished my final post yet; once everyone has, I suggest a short break (maybe a week) while we prepare for the next one. Gives people time to think things over. We could use the time to prepare our characters.

As for your new storyline, it sounds like a possibility. We'll see about it...

Please, everyone, when you've made your final post, make it clear (I.e. "That's it for me" or something at the end).