RP I: The Tempest Rises

Post your epic water war tale!
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:24 am

When the majority of the militia arrived at 7, with air force support to back up the almost countless amount of troops and the vast vanguard of armored vehicles, the place look as though a bomb hit it. Nearly every building had a chunk taken out of it, and there were barrels lit on fire in the streets. The Tempest situation was degrading rapidly for them. Small groups of Tempests ran across the roads and from building to building, scavanging whatever they could find. "I sure hope the locals are okay," said Monsoon's first mate. "I've heard that they were kicked off of the island and all took a ferry to the mainland," Monsoon responded. The gargantuan militia force advanced through the town, filling streets and buildings as they cleansed the area of potential danger. They eventually came up to the town hall. This would undoubtedly be home to one of the larger rogue Tempest groups. A squad of well-armed troops appeared from the two giant heavy doors and formed in a "c" formation, partially curving around the building. One of them stepped forward. "Greetings. I guess you are the oh-so prosperous militia that we were fighting against before the HQ blew up. I suppose that was your doing, to?" he asked. "Yeah, actually, we did do that. I was just one of the many well executed plans that we undertook," replied Monsoon. "Well," said the rebel Tempest commander, "I have to thank you for one thing at least." The commander took a glance at his men, "I was lucky enough to pull free from the over strict disipline with all my buddies, and I think it's best if we joined your group. That way, we can be assured that we get the revenge that we've been wanting.". Monsoon, as always, hezitated for a second and then replied, "Okay, but you'll have to go through some testing first." The twenty man and commander passed with flying colours and were immediately added to the militia's roster.

Monsoon picked up a radio and called to all commanders, "We have 7 under our complete control. Lodging a squad to stay behind, Monsoon out!". Monsoon had decided to take a rest for a bit before the final battle for the South Island at 2. Monsoon went into a building and lay down on a bed to think for a while. After all this, what will I do? I have no real parents or girlfriend or anything like that! he thought. He got up and walked outside. "We are going to wait for Dux, Force, Spinner and Toaster to come, is that clear? No one is to leave 7 until I give the word, okay?" he ordered. The militia went into standby. Monsoon went back to rest and lay down on a bed. This has all been fun, but I'm not even sure that I've befriended anyone here. I haven't even talked to Toaster and the Sabres face to face yet. Maybe after this is done I can join their group? Monsoon fell asleep five minutes later.

By the way, I actually do have a family, just trying to make my parts a little bit more dramatic.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:03 pm

Forceuser pondered for a minute over the quandary Dux and his group were in. Then he thought of a plan. "I've go it!" He exclaimed. "Care to elaborate?" Dux enquired. Force smiled and replied, "OK, here's how it goes..."

Twenty minutes later, Force was watching the horizon. The first rays of the sun appeared, bringing day. There was a sudden rush as everyone carried out Force's plan. Force and his squad dashed to the ATVs. They got on and revved their engines loudly, purposely attracting the attention of the Tempests. Force drove out into sight, his Douchinators aimed at the Tempests, and fired. Then he turned round and drove off. The others had their ATVs further down the road out of sight, even when on the road. That way, the Tempests did not how many there were.

The Tempest commander shouted to his troops, "After them, they're are getting away." The Tempests jumped into all the available tanks and jeeps and went off after them.

Hiding in the trees, Duxburian watched the Tempests go after Force and his squad, thinking they were his group. He chuckled to himself. Now it was their turn to move. He gathered his group and they moved up to a relatively undefended section of wall. The few remaining guards were quickly silenced by well placed shots. Then they climbed over the wall and into 2 unnoticed. All they had to do now was to get over to the other side of 2. There they would create enough confusion inside to let the rest of the militia attack easily.

Force was tearing away down the road to 1, with the Tempests in hot pursuit. He aimed his dual Douchinators backwards and opened fire, taking out a Tempest jeep. Then he tried to get hold of Monsoon on the radio.

Monsoon was awoken by the radio buzzing, "Come in Monsoon, this is Forceuser. Repeat, come in Monsoon, this is Forceuser." He fumbled for it and picked it up, "Hi Force." "I'm in a bit of a rush now, so I'll make it quick." Force replied, "Dux and his group are in 2 and are going to create some confusion, giving you the perfect chance to attack. You need to be there ready to attack at 9, that gives you one hour. OK?" "Right, we'll be there." "Good. Over and out." Monsoon put down the radio and sighed, "Nearly showtime." He thought.

Force looked back at the Tempests chasing him. "Now I've got to shake off these b******s." He thought, "And get myself back to 2 for the big showdown..."
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:49 pm

"Looks like the militia finished them off," Ed remarked, heading for 7's town hall.

Monsoon heard tires squealing to a stop. He opened the window to see Ed's 86.

"I can see there's not much to do here," Nat said when Monsoon let them in.

"Place was empty except for rouge Tempests."

"Where's Force and the rest?" Ed asked.

"He radioed me not too long ago." Monsoon retold the details.

When he finished, Ed pondered. "In a rush... Lend me your radio, Monsoon."

(15 minutes later)

Forceuser was having a bit of trouble. The Tempests had many vehicles, and while he could outrun the tanks in the corners, the jeeps were quite a different matter.

"Force, Ed here, come in Force."

Force grabbed his radio, swerving to dodge a WB. "Force here, is this a good time to call?"

"You're in a rush." Ed's voice was calm-too calm.

Forceuser was starting to lose patience. "Does that matter to you?" he said, slightly annoyed. A thick shot whizzed past his head.

"You're being chased by 3 Jeep Wranglers, a Land Rover Discovery and a Range Rover." There was a bang, some squealing and a sickening crash in the background noise. "Oh, make that 2 Wranglers. Nice aim, Nat."

Force glanced at his rear-view mirror and saw the familar retractable headlights in the distance. "You got 'em on, then?" he said into the radio, referring to the Douchinators.

"Yep."

"Where?"

A soft laughter came through the radio. "'It's not a toy, Bond,'" said Q's voice. Out popped the WBLs from the Trueno.

Forceuser grinned. "Let's roll." He directed his own Douchinators.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:23 pm

Hearing of the successful liberation of 7, Toaster radioed in with his report.
"Hello? Any militia commanders, this is Toaster."
"Toaster? Hey, this is Monsoon. Glad to hear from you."
"Hi. Hey, I've got a report outlined for you."
"Let's hear it," Monsoon replied.
Toaster went on to explain their takeover of 3, and how they'd attack 2 at the same time as the rest of the militia, but from a different direction. Monsoon seemed to agree with the plan, and relayed the attack time of 9:00.
Signing off, Toaster rounded up the Sabres and the militiamen that he'd recruited the first time they'd attacked 2. Detailing the assault, he told them what they'd need to do to get ready.
Interrupting him towards the end, Eyleascial said that she wanted to ride her motorcycle into battle. Seeing no harm in it, he agreed to let her.

Preparing to depart, he saw that there were only a few minutes until the militia assault began. Firing up the Armadillo, he made a few final checks. As Eyleascial stopped beside the armoured vehicle, Toaster wished his friend all the luck she could get.

EDIT: The Sabres will attack a little bit after the main assault starts, so they can get in and take the Tempests from the rear.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:55 pm

Monsoon was excited. In only about an hour, the entire militia would comsume the last of the Tempests at 2 and wipe the island clean. Monsoon was servicing his CPS 4100, planning to go in alone once the militia got there. He would take an amored and WBL-mounted jeep and drive ahead an lead them.

The Titan's crew were going to stay back and aid the rest of the militia, despite some hezitation. Monsoon was planning on taking the Tempest leader for himself. He radioed all other squadrons and militia leaders to attack at 9:15 rather than the 9:00 that Toaster suggested. It was only now half an hour away.....

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:14 pm

Spinner came to, his head throbbing. Raising his head up, he realised that he was on the main road - but where exactly, he didn't know. No sign of traffic, thankfully, so he got up, and stumbled towards a small house a few hundred yards along the road. He felt his pocket, and was reassured to find his XP 15 was still there - just in case.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:18 pm

Aiming at the Land Rover, Force fired. One WB went wide, the other impacted on the windscreen, blinding the driver and making him swerve off into a tree.

Behind him, another shot from the Trueno took out one of the Jeeps. It went careening into the other Jeep with a massive smash. Ed narrowly missed crashing into them, but his superior driving skills kept them clear.

Force looked back, only one left. His Douchinators were still charging, however. Then he remembered the pressurised Douchinator attached to the side of his XX 50. A smile came across his face.

Force span the ATV, turning 180 degrees to face the enemy. He pointed the WBL at the remaining Range Rover. A look of surprise came across the driver's face. Force fired. The WB smashed the windscreen, showering the driver with glass. Unable to see, he swerved wildly... Straight off the twenty foot embankment at the side.

His ATV brought to a stop, Force watched the Range Rover roll and crash to the ground. In front of him, Ed pulled to a stop. The others of Force's squad turned their ATVs around and pulled up next to them. "I think we have a battle to get to now." He said, "After you Ed." They all headed back for 2 and the final confrontation...

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:53 pm

There needs to be a part where everyone meets at the road to 2 or something. Everyone, excluding Toaster has to be together for the final battle.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:53 pm

Duxburian and his small force were now deep within 2, fighting their way across the town. His men traded fire with Tempest defenders who shot out of windows, passing vehicles, and on other roads. The attack was not causing enough confusion now and superior Tempest numbers were beginning to show their weight.
After hours of constant fighting, the group had reached the Tempest Citadel, which was in the center of the city. After bombarding the high walls for about 15 minutes, Duxburian's forces had to withdraw due to low ammunition and lack of reinforcements. They had been able to enter 2 and had reached the central citadel while holding off soldiers outnumbering them by at least 10:1. That was a huge accomplishment that few others could do. Satisfied with their work and knowing that they could not face the heavier odds before them, the group retreated through the side streets. As night fell, the Tempests all of the sudden realized that they had lost the enemy. The tiny force that had taken them all by surprise and raised havoc in the streets had vanished. Tempest guards partrolled the city and reinforcements remained deployed as viligance was high.
Duxburian and Co. were hiding in a dense clump of trees right next to the main gate. Duxburian thought, "If only the rest of the militia were attacking here, we could open the gate with ease and let in our entire army..."

<EDIT>Post #600!
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:19 pm

Toaster was sitting, waiting, watching. He was watching the sky over 2 for any evidence of a siege. His crew was beginning to get restless, and they all seemed to be on edge. They were all ready though, as Toaster glanced at his watch. 9:00. The militia should have started by now, but there were no planes, no WBs, no signs that anything was going on but usual Tempest activity.
Sighing and leaning back into the seat of the Armadillo, he continued his vigil.

EDIT: Thanks Monsoon. I will get the hang of this eventually.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:48 pm

Toaster, check your bold tag on your last post:

Monsoon looked at his watch. The attack was two minutes late! He floored the jeep and radioed for the rest of the militia to follow. He would call in the air strikes after he reached the town gates. Where the Hasbro HQ is Force? I though we were all going to rendevous on the road? Guess not..... Monsoon saw the gate approaching on the horizon. It was swung open. The jeep sped through the streets. Now if I were a cowardly evil commander, where would I hide? he thought to himself. He looked an saw the old militia compound. It was almost in ruins, and only the mian building appeared fully intact. It was being heavily guarded by Tempests. He whipped out a radio and called the airstrikes. He directed that the mosquitos to bomb the compound. He then waited for the rest of the militia to come and then directed an attack on the compound.

Inside, the Tempest commander was radioing all remaining units on the island to try and ward off the militia. The enemy troops were all well-equipped and well-posistioned. The militia vehicles were dishing out a beating though. The air force came by to thoroughly drench the building. The final war has only begun...

Sorry for the tacky posts.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:15 am

Ed and Force arrived at the main gate at the same time as the main militia force. They drove through the gate, opening fire as they went. A massive barrage of WBs hit the buildings behind, sending Tempests flying.

Duxburian and his troops had just opened the gate for Monsoon and were surprised to find him alone. Now they saw the rest of the army. They rushed over to join them.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:36 pm

Toaster saw Mosquitos flying in overhead. "This is it," he said to Bukan, who was in the passenger's seat. Kicking the Armadillo forward, he got ready to do some fancy moves with the clunky vehicle. Eyleascial sped up beside them after a short delay. She looked ready to go and her Libra cannons, which Toaster had modified from a Gemini and mounted on the bike, were fully charged up.

Arriving outside 2, Toaster was shocked to see the platoon of tanks that were obviously being held in reserve from the main attack. The problem was that they now were swinging their barrels towards the Sabres and rumbling forward. Wontwood made short work of a couple of heavies with the Broadsword, while Monkey used the Cs mine launcher to disable the movement of several others, and Bukan fired out the window at the remaining infantry. Eyleascial roared past several tanks, dropping her mines as well. Tank after tank ground to a halt as tracks and underbellies were mutilated and rendered useless. However, the guns of the stricken armour were still fully operational. WBs pounded at the Armadillo, threatening to knock the militiamen away from the Geminis. But the valiant crew stuck to their guns (literally), and responded in kind. Wontwood was pounding away at the tanks, but the Broadsword had a low fire rate, and the tanks weren't giving them any leeway. Sending Bukan back to the hold, he told his colleague to set off the 'signals' mounted on the back.
Fireworks shot up from the back of the Armadillo, temporarily distracting the Tempests, who were rapidly pummelled. In 2 itself, the same effect occured, allowing the militia to down even more hostiles. However it worked on both sides, as the militiamen who could most easily see the fireworks were gunned down as a result of their stupefication.
Smugly, Toaster rolled back and forth down the line of Tempests, keeping their targetability to a minimum while maximizing the capabilities of the limited guns by keeping as many hostiles in the target as possible. Eyleascial was chasing down jeeps with her bike, the Libras blazing.
Suddenly, a jeep got a really lucky shot in on Eyleascial, and the bike flipped, sending the young woman flying. Landing hard, she didn't get up. With a cry of concern, Toaster brought the Armadillo around to shelter her from the immobilized tanks. Hopping out with a riot shield, he dashed to her side, and checked to see if she was hurt.
Nothing was broken, but she'd lost consciousness and was practically helpless. Picking up his outcold companion, Toaster carried Eyleascial to the Armadillo, where he laid her gently inside the hold, where she'd be safe. Picking up the bike, Toaster asked Bukan if he'd take over.
Enthusiastically, he hopped on to the motorcycle and grabbed a couple of spare clips for the Libras. Speeding off, Kyle took on the jeeps Eyleascial had been chasing.
"Uh, Pip, the Armadillo is taking a beating here!" Monkey shouted.
Running back to the vehicle and getting in the driver's seat, Toaster drove the vehicle back into the fray, switching to the least beaten side and repeating his back and forth.
Taking only about ten minutes, the assault had been severely taxing on the Armadillo. The armour was full of pockmarks, the Broadsword's H2O supply was nearing empty, and Eyleascial was still out of it. Deciding to raid the tanks, the Sabres recovered a swath of new water balloons, a ton of water from various guns which nearly topped off the Broadsword's resevoir, and ten Cs mines that hadn't detonated. Loading up the Armadillo, the Sabres continued on to the back gate of the compound, and a final siege.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:18 pm

The lady at the house was glad to see him. "What's happening out there, sir? So much been going on, aeroplanes and tanks and the like." Spinner quizzed her for as much information as possible, then thanked her for all her help. She agreed to let him use her old car, and Spinner took off in less than a quarter of an hour. He was still stiff and sore, and the car was a real old banger with dodgy suspension, so he was glad when 2 came into view.

The town was in uproar. Parking on the outskirts, he clambered out and set off, trying to find someone to give him more information. Then he heard the familiar drone of the Mosquitos. Looking up, he saw a militia formation coming in for a bombing raid. "Great," he told himself, "I've just survived being shot down, and now my own planes are about to bomb me." He turned and ran, desperate for some sort of cover.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:07 pm

Toaster was about to order Wontwood to blow open the side wall around 2 when he saw movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned and saw a militiaman running for cover from beside an old car.
Driving up beside, he opened the door and asked, "Need someplace to duck and cover?"
Nodding, Spinner ran up to the vehicle and with a little help from Toaster clambered into the hold. Toaster himself told the men up top to get inside just as the first bombs came crashing down. The leader of the Sabres nearly got pasted, but managed to narrowly avoid the bomb as he hopped back into the cab. Then they settled in to wait out the bombing raid, and listened to the militia radio chatter.