RP I: The Tempest Rises

Post your epic water war tale!
bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:33 am

EDIT by Spinner: Bunny, what is up with you? Editing out all objectionable references. 1 day to think it over.
I wanted to add some darkness to the story, but I guess I blew it. -_-

Don't worry, I won't do it again.

(mental note to self: Don't play so much GTA: San Andreas)

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:11 am

Forceuser explained to everyone what was going on with the Tempests. He told them about the secret pressure boosters hidden in the tunnel. "Wait a minute." Nibor said. "There is a long tunnel that leads out from under the warehouse. But I've been down it for ages and there is no sign of any pressure boosters." "Maybe they're hidden in a side cave with a blocked off entrance? What ever it is, we've got to go and have a look." They set off down for the entrance to the tunnel.

Meanwhile, in the tunnels, one of the Tempests had just alerted Sid. "Sir, I think I've found the secret entrance to the tunnel." In front of him was what looked like another section of wall, but the Tempest had made a small hole in it and it was hollow behind! "Get some pickaxes, we're going through!" Sid ordered.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:14 am

At the main town...

The duo had just walked out of their hotel.

"Keep alert. We may be attacked anytime." Ed said.

"You sound like Mad-Eye Moody. Chill a bit, will ya?"

"I think it's just better to be on the safe side."

Nat rolled her eyes. "If I didn't know better, next moment you'd be screaming 'Constant vigilance!' at me."

"Ok, ok, emphasis on 'may'-wait." Ed had stopped suddenly.

"What?" Silence.

Then a guy wearing the blue Tempest armband jumped from the rooftop.

A flash of recognition thru Ed's eyes, then anger and impatience. "Rick?! What the Hasbro HQ are you doing here?!"

"It dosen't matter what I'm doing here. All I know is that you made my bro kick me outta my team!" he snarled at Ed.

(PS: Check the old RP in iSc if you dunno who Rick is.)

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:36 am

"So," summarised Spinner, "We have two immediate objectives. One is to find the pressure boosters before the Tempests do, and the other is to discover what the Tempest was rushing off to 7 for. Force and Nibor have started on the first mission, so it now is up to us to decide what to do."

"I must say that dividing our force is risky and not something that I would very much recommend, especially when our numbers are so few to begin with. However, I see no other option - we must find out what is happening over in the direction of 7. The question is, who goes and who stays? We can't all go, since Force and Nibor will need someone here to explain to them and/or help them defend against the Tempests, in case the come out of here in a hurry."

"Let's take a count of our entire personnel."

Spinner
Duxburian
Force (out on a mission)
Nibor (out on a mission)
Racer
Crashdummy
(Piranha)
(Stingray)

"What do you propose, Dux?"

"I reckon that we should send three people in the jeep to investigate 7. The rest stay behind. This three should probably be yourself, since it's your jeep, after all, Racer, and Stingray. We'll stay behind for Force and Nibor," replied Dux.

"OK," agreed Spinner. Then he looked out of the office window. "Oh great," he remarked, "Another Tempest attack."
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:54 pm

It took me a while to find out who Rick was (and I was one of the few people posting in that RP along with Bunny and Razor. Does anyone know what has happened to Razor, BTW?). He was a scrawny kid who liked shouting "LOSER!" lots in a group led by Commander Rock.

On the way to the tunnel Forceuser picked up his backpack and 2000. Nibor unlocked the door to the tunnel and pulled it open. On the other side was black. Force produced a flashlight and they headed down the tunnel, shutting the door behind them. As they walked down the tunnel they hit the walls on either side, checking to see if they were hollow. "This could take a while." Force said. They headed off into the darkness.

EDIT: BTW, Spinner, don't forget that you have Sophie (the other member of Forceuser's squad and the rest of the militia (9 excluding Dux and Nibor I believe).

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:27 pm

Thanks, I hadn't remembered them.

"Looks like about 30 Tempests attacking, sirs," reported one of the militia to Spinner and Duxburian, "We've got all doors barricaded, but they're trying to scale the side of the building with ladders. Sophie and most of the militia are at the windows, firing down at the Tempests, but they've got shields above their heads."

"What weapons do they have?" inquired Duxburian?

"Looks like the standard Tempest weapon, CPS 2100s. Although there are two or three snipers with Douchinator WBLs behind them."

"OK," said Spinner, "Here's my plan. Racer, you're in charge until we get back. I suggest you man the Behemoth and eliminate those snipers as quickly as you can, but that's up to you. We're going to slip out the way we came and make a break for the jeep. If we get there safely, we'll mount a short counter-attack in the jeep to hopefully draw off some of the Tempests into following us - we should then be able to beat them with the jeep's weapons."

"Aye aye sir," replied Racer, "Sounds good to me."

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:01 pm

Is it too late for others to be added? If so...... :(
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:09 pm

It's never too late. Just write yourself in.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:11 pm

Anyone can join in at anytime they please.

Force and Nibor had been down in the underground pasage for over a half hour when Forse knocked on the wall and heard a space behind it. Nibor picked up his WBL and put a rock in the chamber. He then shot it at the wall creating a huge whole in it. They both waited for dust to settle and looked in. There eyes lit up.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:18 pm

Well here's my profile:

Name: Monsoon

Personality:Intelligent and quick on the battlefield. Very experienced, yet somehow not as wise as other warriors. Has had a military past (though air cadets) and disiplined.

Appearence: 5"9, deep dark brown hair, muscular in the arms. Has blue eyes.

Main Weapon: CPS 4100

Backup: CPS 2100/Splashzooka/XP-310 shotgun

Last Resort: Max-D 5000

Clothing-Navy blue shorts or bathing suit bottoms and a black t-shirt.

Extra items-Pocket knife, binoculars.

Positions-Grunt, recon/scout
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:51 pm

Name: Eric

Appearance: brown short hair, green eyes, about 5 feet tall, 95 pounds, 13 years old.

Clothing: Woodland Camo BDU's with boonie hat, and sneaks. also vest to carry stuff.

Main weapon: CPS 1500
Backup weapons: Dual XP 220's
Heavy weapon(not taken on all missions): CPS 2700

Also carries: homemade Tripwire booby trap consisting of a soda bottle, a balloon, a plug and some string. sometimes also homemade water shield.

Equipment: Knife, Duct tape, Empty balloons, some water bottles, Bug (head) net, landmines(pert bottles), Binocs and flashlight.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:21 pm

Monsoon, BlueMage, don't forget to add a bit of the storyline to make your entrance.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:13 pm

How is the warehouse suddenly under siege? The houses are connected, like think of Polish neighborhoods in WWII. The only ways in are at the ends of the street. Anyway,

Duxburian laughed when he heard that the Tempests only had CPS 2100's. "Are we really afraid of mere 2100's with only regular water in them? Ditch those guns and pick up these 21000's. They were specifically modded for extremely high sting factor. Also, use the substance contained in the barrels next to the railing when you refill. That's not plain water. It's a chemical that will knock out whoever it makes contact with. They will remain out for several hours, until the effect wears off. The sting factor will drive the Tempests off their ladders and the chemical will send them all off to sleep." Then Duxburian turned to Spinner. "If Nibordude and Forceuser find what they are looking for, I think we should all leave here and head for the militia compound at the capital at 2. The Tempests won't realize that what they want is no longer here, and we will have a much better position. The tunnel branches in several places, but one of them leads directly to 2. It's also very secure, with 2 ways in, both of which are locked and only the militia has keys. It also wouldn't be much of a loss if we abandon the warehouse; the special chemical will run out soon, and most of the barrels and boxes here are empty. Plus most of the militia's special tech is at the capital. What do you think?"
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:17 pm

"Sounds a good idea to me," agreed Spinner, "However, don't forget we also need to find out what's going on at 7. So I'd suggest that when Force and Nibor reappear we then split up, the jeep and its crew as detailed earlier going to investigate 7, while the other proceed to 2 to make the fortifications there ready."

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:56 pm

Behind the wall was a huge cave. Full of weapons. "There's enough here for the whole ****ing island!" Forceuser exclaimed. Neatly stashed in cabinets and boxes were guns of all kinds. 2000s, 3000s, Monsters, 150s, you name it, it was there. What particularly took Force's attention were a couple of crates at the end. He walked over to them. They were covered in dust but he could dimly make out some writing on them. Blowing the dust off them, the writing became clearer. "Pressure Boosters" it read. "I think I've found what we're looking for." Force called over to Nibor. He walked over. "Let's get them back to the warehouse. Then we can get the militia and come back to collect all of these weapons." Nibor said. They picked up the crates and headed back off down the tunnel.

Meanwhile, the Tempests had just enlarged the hole big enough to fit through. Sid turned to the four man scouting party. "Alright men, you know what you have to do." They headed through the hole.

The rest of Force's squad wondered what to do with the Behemoth as it would be too big and heavy to take through the tunnels to 2. Dux provided the answer, there was a small lockable storage room in the warehouse that, however hard they tried, the Tempests would not be able to get into. They moved the Behemoth there for safe keeping.