RP I: The Tempest Rises

Post your epic water war tale!
Toaster

Post by Toaster » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:18 pm

Counting his money, Toaster grinned. So much had been accomplished during the Tempest War. The Sabres now had an out-of-town branch, and possibly become a national group, the Armadillo had become the fighting machine that Toaster had always envisioned, and the team had grown tighter, more of a family. In particular, Eyleascial and himself. He thought that he and Rae were forming something special. He hoped he was right.
The Herc jolted a bit, and Toaster fell over. The Knuckleguard nearly fell off the trailer, which itself came off the Armadillo's hitch. "HEY! Nice driving!" Toaster snapped.
"Sorry!" the pilot called out. They were getting a ride back to the nearest airport to their normal stomping grounds, and Toaster couldn't wait to be home. He'd have so much to tell everyone.

-several days later-
Toaster looked out the kitchen window at the Armadillo parked in the backyard. It was ready for action, but still just idle. He'd heard before they left that there might be another conflict in the near future, so he'd given business cards to several Tempest commanders. He hadn't heard from Monsoon yet, so he assumed that the newest Sabre hadn't arrived home yet, or was still settling in.
Sighing and getting back to the mundanity of dishes, Toaster mulled over all the events of the war.
It was then that the phone rang, and the caller ID read Monsoon's number. Picking up, Toaster prepared to embark on a brand new era for him and his friends.

Now I'm done. whoo, that was a lot of fun.

EDIT: added a mention of what happened to the Knuckleguard, for anyone who was wondering.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:47 pm

The original militia of 11 men choose to depart a few days after the battle was announced as won. They said their farewells to Spinner, Force, and the others, and then prepared to leave the island. The militia was to meet up in their home city thousands of miles away. Most boarded planes while Duxburian headed down to the marina one last time to find a good boat. He then became lost in hopes for a new war in a new land and set sail towards the setting sun.

Duxburian out.
Peace.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:07 pm

Wait a bit before locking this thread, I got exams for the rest of this week till Friday. <_<

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:57 pm

hey, we should maybe start a Q&A session or even a seperate thread in case there was anything someone missed or didn't understand. just a suggestion.
oh, and about the new RP, Eyleascial would almost certainly be posting in that one. She really wants to write for her own character, as I don't write Eyleascial quite the way she wants. I can't wait for her to actually write her character. four is hard enough, not to mention the militiamen recruits I picked up at one point.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:34 pm

(flashback to just after the battle)

"Sooo, what're we going to do with the loser?" Rick asked, prodding the unconcious Tempest commander with his big toe. They had stopped just outside the hotel Ed and Nat were staying in and Rick was trying to drag the commander through the doors, where his head had got stuck. Ed noticed Rick was doing nothing to prevent that.

"Just going to ask him a few questions, mainly about Mr T," Nat said, bending over to free the man's head.

(5 minutes later)

"Godammit, he's heavy." The door closed.

"Lucky he didn't wake up."

"Once he does, he's going to yell the place down." Rick tossed him at a corner.

--------------------------------

(Classified location)

A Tempest commander approached a figure in a chair.

"Sir, I have tried contacting Commander Timothy at his newly-established base at South Island, but to no avail. The signal's gone."

"Look for his personal signal."

"Yes, sir."

The commander dashed to some controls, and a projector switched on, turning the wall directly in front of the figure into a computer screen.

--------------------------------

"Feels like there's something under his skin."

"Well, he got under ours," Ed remarked.

"I meant literally." Nat pointed out a rather visible bump.

"A pimple?"

"Too big."

-------------------------------

"Commander Timothy is unconcious, but it's not due to fatigue," the commander said.

"He's gotten himself defeated. Dispose of him."

"H-how are you so sure-"

The figure in the chair frowned. "Intiution."

"Very well, sir. I hope you won't regret this..."

-------------------------------

A faint beep was coming from the bump.

"What the Hasbro HQ?" Ed lept up and grabbed his Swiss Army Knife.

"Er, you sure you know how to play surgeon?" Rick asked.

"No, but I rather he had a scar than being blown up." The bump was beeping faster now.

"Blown-oh XPBackfire-esque!" Ed had pounced on the commander.

"Wha-? Wh-where the Hasbro HQ am-" Said man had woken up. He heard the beeping.

"No! No, I'm going to- ARRRGH!"

A blue capsule had fallen out of the newly-inflicted wound, beeping like there was no tomorrow.

"Window!"

Nat scrambled for the catch. The capsule was barely thrown out of the window when-

BOOM!

There was a sudden rush of wind while air was sucked out of the room, then all was still.

"That," said a very nervous Rick, "was way too close."

The commander was wincing in pain.

(end flashback)

(Damned writer's block... <_< )

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:28 pm

A more down-to-earth RP would be much better to post in.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:11 am

Yeah, that's why I have gone for a much more simple idea. Basically, it's a competition for small teams (6 and under) and individuals (of course, you can always team up with others, unofficially). Set on another island, they have to battle it out between themselves to win the prize, which is monetary (I am sure the Sabres will be interested in that&#33 ;) . To make it a bit more interesting, surprises will be thrown in.

I have already done an intro for it, but not a map yet. What are your opinions on the idea?

I suggest that we start a new thread this weekend, letting everyone post their character stuff, and then start the RP the weekend after (or the week after that if we need more time).

As for this RP, I have all that's been written so far in a Word document now and am currently going through editing it. At the moment it is 167 pages, size 14, and has 71,000 words! With the maps, the links to the ones Monsoon drew no longer work. Can you sort them out please Monsoon.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:52 pm

Okay then, this one will be officially finished this evening (18:00 GMT). Anyone who hasn't posted before my final post then will have lost their chance to finish.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:30 pm

OK. I presume you will start the new thread then as well.

What shall I do with the RP when I've finished going through it?
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:14 pm

I deleted the maps from my FTP program. I'd have to find them and upload them again.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:25 pm

I have to go somewhere, so I'm posting my final piece here. This is the end of the RP. If I receive an email before 18:00, I can always insert it in here.

Nibordude's last post:

Nibor had been injured during a battle back on the main island. He was knocked unconscious and slipped into a coma. He awoke in the Hospital in the town of 2 a month after the fighting had ended. He asked the nurse next to him, "what happened?" She looked at him, smiled, and said one word, "War."

---

With the fierce war finally over, Spinner regained his old house on the island and opened it up.

As he lay in a deckchair later that day, taking a rest, he thought about what Ed had told him about the Tempest commander being nearly destroyed by his higher command.

So there were more Tempests elsewhere. Tougher, cleverer, madder ones. They would have to be tracked down and dealt with...

...some other time, as he lay back in his deckchair, enjoying the sun's rays on his face.

THE END

Thus ends RP I: The Tempest Rises.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.