RP I: The Tempest Rises

Post your epic water war tale!
Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:16 am

The main militia force was slowly moving through 2, obliterating all in its path. Force was blasting a Tempests guard outpost, when suddenly he saw a WB smash a giant hole in the side of a militia jeep. He looked in the direction it had come from. There was a huge number if Tempest tanks heading their way. Force ordered the militia tanks to move in front of the rest of the army, sheltering them.

Force fired his dual Douchinators at one of the tanks, but they weren't powerful enough to do any damage. "Dang!" Force thought, "There's no point in the jeeps and troops staying here, they aren't going to do anything against the tanks. And, we need to get to Monsoon." Suddenly, a thought came to him, and he rounded up all the militia troops and vehicles, except the tanks. Leaving the tanks to do battle with the Tempests, he led the rest of the army around the side, off towards Monsoon.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:29 pm

Racer arrived next to Forceuser in 2 in the Rebel I, "What happened?" asked Racer, "The Tempests' made a hole in that jeep over there, more tanks are coming from that direction" Forceuser replied, "Anything I can do?" "Yes, cover us."

And I have no clue what else to post.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:51 pm

Several bombs came perilously close, but none actually hit them. Once the raid was over, Spinner and Toaster looked up at each other. "So, what now?" asked Spinner. "I think you'd better tell me what's happened so far...and where I can get in touch with my troops."
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:14 pm

Toaster filled Spinner in on the details of the fight, as far as he knew them. He finished by saying, "I don't know where you can contact your forces, but I do have the radio..."
Spinner took the radio as Toaster drove the Armadillo back to the breach point. Ordering Wontwood back up to the Broadsword, and the militiamen back to the Geminis, Toaster called for the 'entrance'.
With a mighty crash and a rush of high-pressure water, the compound wall disintegrated. Toaster had been right in his assessment of the wall's strength. The breach point was surrounded by sections that looked impregnable. Bumping over the rubble, the Sabres entered 2. Once inside, they saw a final battle being waged. Tanks were pummeling the militia armour. Wontwood was a step ahead of his commander and one of the Tempest vehicles crumpled inwards. A few of the enemy machines as well as a swath of infantry advanced on the Armadillo. Firing Cs mines into the tanks' paths, Monkey was doing his best to keep as many tanks as possible from getting within a dangerous range. Wontwood was taking the armour down with maximum alacrity, and the militiamen were holding the Tempest soldiers back. Toaster leaned out the window with the Red Baron and blasted away, scaring off the few infantry who got too close.

After the dust settled, the remains of Tempest tanks lay bent, mangled by the devastating Broadsword rounds. Tempest troops lay outcold all over the ground. The Armadillo had dents and a crack in the windshield, but it had come out quite well. Toaster got out and surveyed the battlefield. Spinner hopped out after him, and with a salutory wave, trotted off into the streets of the town. Seeing a box of plastic handcuffs on the ground near one of the tanks, Toaster and the Sabres proceeded to bind the fallen enemy, and to move them out of the street so the Armadillo could get through. The militiamen kept watch behind their Geminis, even though they were running low on water balloons.
Salvaging what they could from the fight, the Sabres loaded up and headed for the center square, ever weary of an upcoming fight.

Spinner, you're in the city. Take over from here if you like.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:11 pm

Thanks.

Spinner flicked the radio on. "Come in Forceuser, come in Forceuser, this is Spinner, do you read me?"

A few miles away, a militiaman came up to Forceuser. "Major-General Spinner on the radio for you, sir." Forceuser grabbed the microphone. "Spinner, is that you?"

"Sure is, mate. Good to hear you."

"Same here. Look, where are you?"

"I'm in the city, by myself, Toaster picked me up after I was shot down and nearly bombed by our own Mosquitos. He's gone off towards the square, but I'm not sure how he'll far against the forces there - the Armadillo looked pretty beaten up to me. Look, have you got the army under control?"

"Sort of. We lost a few men, but we're regrouping in readiness for the next attack."

"OK. Well, in that case, rather than come to join you, I'll see if I can do some spying on the Tempests in the square - we'll need some information on them. Meanwhile, see if you can bring some troops and tanks here to back up Toaster."

"OK. All the best. Over and out."

Spinner walked over to a nearby camping shop, deserted. He took a rucksack and a pair of binoculars, but honest as ever, left some money for the owner for when he came back. Chucking the radio set in it, he then walked out and started to look for a gun, ever-conscious that all he had was an XP 15. Finally he found one in the street, dropped by fleeing Tempests - a black CPS 1000. "Nice," he said, testing it. "In fact," as he fired it and felt the kickback, "K-modded as well! Great for sniping." Slinging it under his arm, he made his way towards the sentre, staying in the shadows.

As he got nearer, he could hear the sounds of the battle. Picking out a tall office block adjoining the square, he entered through the back door and ascended the stairs to the 14th floor. Crossing carefully to the window, he took out his binoculars and scanned the sqaure. "Oh no..." he murmured.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:28 pm

Forceuser turned to Duxburian, "I'm going to take half the army with me to back up Toaster. You take the other half carry on to help Monsoon. I'll also send half the tanks after you as well." "OK. Good luck." Duxburian replied.

As Dux left, Force picked up his radio and contacted the militia tanks. They were now just taking out the few remaining Tempest tanks and had suffered minimum losses. Force directed them to split into two when they had finished and go after Dux and himself. Then, Force gathered up his half of the army and headed for Toaster.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:56 pm

"Play ball!" Nat yelled jubilantly.

Let's dance, hachiroku! Sending the rear tires into a burnout, he darted right into the center square; cannonball WBs headed straight at the speeding car but he dodged almost all of them (he turned the force from the lone balloon that hit into a powerslide), Nat returning fire, the Douchinators on the jeeps, the water cannons on the troops. But it was too much for Ed, and he had to retreat a little, a cluster of Tempest jeeps following him rather close.

You wanna run with me? Get a better ride first, ya ricers!

Ed drove straight for a Tempest transport that had just arrived (2 of the jeeps were now trying to sandwich him) and slammed the brakes. They all shot past him-straight into the transport. "Looks like they need a refresher driving course," Ed commented, and headed towards the approaching Sabres.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:09 pm

whoa, bunny. Nice.

Toaster was surprised when he entered the square to some minor chaos. He saw the carcasses of a few mangled Jeeps intertwined with an APC. As well, the Tempests seemed occupied with a car that was pulling off some incredible maneuovres. Whoever was driving that car, Toaster gave him kudos.
A few Tempests took notice of the Armadillo entering the square, and alerted the rest. Several tank barrels swung their way, but Wontwood was on it. One after the other the tanks shrivelled like a bunch of puffballs. It didn't keep all the punishment away, though, as a few WBs impacted the vehicle's armour. Groaning in protest, the frame revealed its damage. Looks like Monkey'll need to overhaul this trusty old sucker as well, Toaster thought as the infantry began firing at the Armadillo. The militiamen replied with a barrage of Gemini fire. Kyle, who'd rejoined the group after taking care of the jeeps he'd been chasing, zoomed around, firing away with the Libras.
Hearing the militiamen yell they were low on ammo, Toaster checked the back. No WBs were in the hold, and the H2O resevoir looked to be good for only a few more Broadsword shots. Making a snap descision, Toaster coaxed the Armadillo into a grinding hairpin, and drove through the Tempest group. Making it to the other side of the square, the Sabres sped into the sidestreets. Toaster was headed for the stores he'd shopped at the first time they were in 2.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:21 pm

Sorry I haven't posted for a bit, I got exams coming up:

Monsoon had been knocked out by a sneaky Tempest. He woke up an hour in a wrecked house. All the fighting appeared deeper into the town. He found his CPS 4100 in the next house, emptied. He ran out into the street and saw a motor scooter. He slung his weapon over his shoulder and revved the engine. Those f***ing a**holes are going to pay! he yelled inside his head. He went as fast as the scooter went, swirving to avoid the wreckage on the street. A lone Tempest was in another scooter up ahead. He sped up and took out an XP 15 from his pocket. He hit the Tempest in the face, who wiped out behind him. The fight was directly ahead and all members of the militia were there, including Spinner. The Sabres were apparently still assisting. Monsoon readied his 4100 and started walking in drenching enemies standing in his way. He walked up to Toaster, who was in a store. "Hey! Toaster! Over here!" called Monsoon. Toaster looked behind him and saw that the militia leader was still around and kickin'. "Monsoon, the fighting is going on longer than we all imagined," he said, "The remaining Tempests are all uniting against us!". Monsoon nodded, "I'll be off, I'm going to take on the Tempest commander!". Toaster widened his eyes and went to oppose Monsoon's idea, but Monsoon was already out the door. Monsoon got back on the scooter and sped towards the battle.....
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:52 pm

Racer sped back to 2 in the Rebel I, quickly switching for the 3000GT, he packed up his guns and his WBL and set off for the 'chase.'

WBL in pointing out the window, Racer shot down two drivers of Tempest jeeps, he, yet again, saw the white Trueno with Ed inside piloting some great moves, Racer drove up next to Ed, "need any help?" asked Racer, "maybe... We'll see..." said Ed as he sped off. Racer followed.

There was a long strait section of road. Racer and Ed flipped their cars around backwards in tandem, driving in reverse, shooting at the Tempests with WBLs, they flipped the cars back around and drove off. Ed radioed an idea to Racer. Racer accepted...

I'm SO sleep deprived.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:01 am

Toaster was now in a rush. After hearing Monsoon's suicidal plan, he was determined to catch at least a bit of the action before the militia leader was 'decomissioned'. He scrabbled with all the supplies and water as he filled balloon after balloon and passed them to Bukan, who loaded them into Gemini clips. They only had a couple of Cs mines left, and there was no way to get more on such short notice, so the leader of the Sabres got creative. He rigged the mine launcher to be able to fire a water mine of a different sort. It would be useless against tanks, but devastating to enemy troops.
Loading up the final supplies, Toaster noticed that 20 minutes had passed. He knew that they'd never be able to get there in time to stop Monsoon, but he still heard fighting from the town square. Jumping into the cab of the Armadillo, Toaster gunned it back to the centre of 2 to rejoin the battle.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:59 pm

Force targeted a Tempest jeep with dual Douchinators and let rip. One WB made a massive hole in the side. The other hit the driver, sending him flying out onto ground. Force smiled and turned to his next target.

Suddenly, his ATV's left front wheel went flying up in the air. It crashed down again, jarring Force's body. He looked at the wheel to see that it had been holed and the tyre was ripping itself off. Then, he looked up up and saw he was fast running out of pavement. "S***!" He said. He threw the handles to the right, but the wheel in the state it was was getting no traction on the wet ground. "S***!" He said again, this time louder, "Here goes nothing."

The ATV was heading straight for a shop front. And it was almost there. Force stood up on the back, ready to jump. He dived.

The ATV plowed through the window, glass flying everywhere. Then, the fuel tank went up. A fireball engulfed it.

Force hit the ground, shoulder first. He rolled, and came back to his feet. He shielded his face from the flames. Looking back into the square, he knew things had just got worse.

Heading towards him were a large number of Tempest tanks and troops. He fired the WBL attached to his XX 50, taking out a couple of troops. He looked at the empty WBL and knew it was futile. "Oh, what the Hasbro HQ." He muttered and took the WBL off the XX 50. He threw it at the nearest Tempest, knocking him unconscious. "Give yourself up." One of the Tempest commanders sitting in a tank shouted at him.

Just as he said that, Force saw a large board land on a tank on his right, smashing the Tempest sitting in the top into the tank. Then, he saw Piranha look round from the side and stick his thumb up. In the background he heard an engine, gradually getting louder.

Suddenly an ATV appeared, flying over the top of the tank. It landed to the side of Force and headed towards him. As it passed, Force jumped on the back. "You looked like you needed a hand." Sophie called over her shoulder. She blasted the group of troops in front of them, scattering them. Revving the engine, she shot out through the gap and away from the tanks. Around them, the battle continued.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:31 pm

The battle was utter chaos. Toaster had seen a cornered militiaman rescued with a ridiculously dangerous move. The retriever had jumped a tank! And the Tempests were relying heavily on their number advantage, hoping the militia would deplete their ammunition. The Sabres were pounding away, dropping Tempests in all directions. Monkey had run out of Cs mines, and was proceeding to fire the WB mines into the infantry. It was a valiant struggle, but the militia was losing. Toaster saw this, and he got on the radio.
"This is Toaster to any militia forces. We need immediate backup in the central square of 2! We are being overwhelmed! We need help!"

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:20 pm

Spinner, watching the battle from the office block, and firing off the occasional blast, realised soon into it that there weren't anywhere near enough militia forces to prevail. He was just about to send his message when he heard Toaster on the radio. It confirmed his fears, so he gave the order: "This is Major-General Spinner to all militia members in the central square. Make your ways as quickly as possible to the tallest office building on the east side of the square. It is our only hope."

Forceuser, Toaster, and the others picked up the message. Quickly changing tactic, they turned and fought their way through the Tempest troops to their sides, aiming for the office block.

Gaining the doorway, Toaster turned the handle and opened the door. "Get inside, quickly," he ordered the rest of his troops. "I'll cover for Forceuser and his units. Now!" They filed past him through into the building.

Then came Forceuser and his units battlign valiantly against the oncoming hordes. "Quick!" exclaimed Toaster. As the last man went past, Toaster turned and rushed inside himself. His units inside slammed the door, barricading and bolting it. "Phew," said Forceuser, "that was a close one. At least we have a bit more time now. Barricade the doors with all furniture, then go for the stairway doors. We'd better make contact with Spinner. Also, we should get some snipers at the upper windows."

Spinner surveyed the scene, mightily relieved. "Good," he said, "Now to try and hold this place until those special troops I ordered arrive..."

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:37 pm

Toaster sat in the office building, shooting at the Tempests with the Red Baron. He regretted having to leave the Armadillo outside, but he'd locked it up and disconnected the weapons, so the Tempests couldn't get inside.
At least not conventionally. He saw a Tempest commander with a crowbar heading for the cab. He looked as if he was going to hit the windshield. Realizing this plan, Toaster took the guy down with a Fokker Blast. The Sabres were all on this floor, and they'd brought the still-outcold Eyleascial with them. Toaster now focussed on preserving the Armadillo, firing on all Tempests that neared it. He was refilling the Baron when he saw a rogue Tempest pick up the commander's crowbar. There was nothing he could do. The Armadillo was going to be compromised. Suddenly, a WBL shot out and hit the Tempest square in the back of the head. Turning, he saw Eyleascial holding one of the Libras they'd liberated. She was straining under the weight, but the gun was still pointed at the troops approaching the Sabres' vehicle.