SEAL wrote:Homemades aren't very good for battles.
[Raises hand slowly] I use mine in battles.
Yes homemades don't always have a trigger, but you can still make a reasonably ergonomic blaster without too much effort, just very careful design...
...and a bit of practice firing with a ball valve.
An air pressure Gorgon is an excellent blaster though, and probably the best around at the moment (although that's not saying a lot!
). It may be less powerful than an APH, with less range, but if all you want is around 40ft with a higher power and output than any other currently availble blasters then it should be perfect.
If you do, however, want the power of the CPS2000 (and beyond) then a homemade may be better for you.
It depends whether or not (for you) the flaws:
1. Generally more bulky and heavy than normal blasters.
2. Usually harder to fire and / or pump
3. Require carfeul design and construction
...outweigh the benefits:
1. Completey custom built for your requirements
2. Extreme power and range
3. Lots of fun (both building it, and drenching others!)
There are ways round these flaws though.
1. Move the pressure chamber and/or reservoir into a backpack design to reduce the weight on your arms.
2.a. Make a trigger mechanism or use a different (high flow) valve.
2.b. Dont use a hand pump! You could use a large pressure chamber with a quick fill connector (standard hose connectors will do) and use a footpump & schrader valve to pressurise the air if necessary.
As previously stated, it completely depends on what you think that you need, and you are just as good a judge of that as we are! (Though we are here to help if necessary