WTB: SS Aquashock Hydro Blitz

Advertisments by potential buyers. Post here if you're looking for a soaker.
SPARTAN VI

WTB: SS Aquashock Hydro Blitz

Post by SPARTAN VI » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Cannot find this thing anywhere. Do stores still carry them? I'm located in California, 91789.

Hoping to gift it to a friend whose roommates have the new shot blasts. His birthday's coming up and hopefully we can upgrade him from a rattler to something truly intimidating. :D

Heatware (trade feedback) is under SPARTAN VI.

SEAL

Re: WTB: SS Aquashock Hydro Blitz

Post by SEAL » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Well, if I were you, I wouldn't get a Hydroblitz. I've never used one, but I've heard that they're very bad for their size. I'd get a CPS blaster off ebay if I were you.

But if you don't want to spend a lot of money to get a good one, you're better off getting the best blaster available nowadays; the Water Warriors Vindicator. It's almost as powerful as some of the lower-end CPS blasters, but it can usually be brought for a cheaper price. It's also rather intimidating.

Here is a comparison of the Vindicator and Hydroblitz. Unfortunately, iSoaker apparently doesn't have the range stats for the Hydroblitz. Hmm... I'll ask him about that now.
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

SPARTAN VI

Post by SPARTAN VI » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:17 pm

SEAL wrote:Well, if I were you, I wouldn't get a Hydroblitz. I've never used one, but I've heard that they're very bad for their size. I'd get a CPS blaster off ebay if I were you.

But if you don't want to spend a lot of money to get a good one, you're better off getting the best blaster available nowadays; the Water Warriors Vindicator. It's almost as powerful as some of the lower-end CPS blasters, but it can usually be brought for a cheaper price. It's also rather intimidating.

Here is a comparison of the Vindicator and Hydroblitz. Unfortunately, iSoaker apparently doesn't have the range stats for the Hydroblitz. Hmm... I'll ask him about that now.
Thanks SEAL, I'll take that into consideration! :)

Honestly, good portion of my decision to go with the HB was the fact that it doesn't immediately look like a typical water gun. The same can be said for the soakers they have so far (e.g. SS Blast Shot and Rattler). Performance would be second, or maybe even third, as these guys are just messing around in their house. It's a house of 4 college students just looking to ambush each other as they get out of the bathroom or during parties.

He'd also like something that he can paint. So far they've taken their super soakers and painted them various shades of metallic colors. Could be bad for their health if police spot them, I'm sure. Regardless, I cannot imagine measuring a soaker's "paint-ability," so I almost threw that criterion right out.. except the HB has nice flat surfaces = easy to paint.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:59 pm

Messing around in the house?!?

Well then, if you do your fighting indoors, then I don't think you'd want a very powerful blaster (Unless you want to see some serious water damage.).

That said, both the Vindicator and the Hydroblitz are capable of some pretty heavy water damage, and you should probably stick to weaker blasters like your Shot Blasts and Rattlers.

My best recommendation in light of these new developments, is the Water Warriors Equalizer. I have one, and it's not too powerful, but better than a Shot Blast. As far as painting goes, what kind of paint would your friend use? Flat surfaces would only matter if you're not spray-painting. And here's a piece of advice; if you're worried about police, then you shouldn't paint the tip of the gun. Leave it orange.

However, if your friends really don't care about messing up their house, then get him a Flash Flood or an Arctic Blast. The Arctic Blast is now called the "Iron Man 2 Waterblaster". Both of them can unleash a riot blast, that can drench someone at close range.

I believe the Flash Flood can still be found in some stores, but if not, Amazon has them.
Here's a link to the Arctic Blast with it's Iron Man color scheme. (Although your friend may feel embarrassed using this blaster. I guess it wouldn't matter if he painted it though.)
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:03 pm

The Flash Flood and Arctic Blast's riot blasts are I think too "incoherent" for use indoors. You want something with a proper stream, so all the water hits the targets. That brings us back to the larger Water Warriors blasters.

There's a good chance the prominent Iron Man logo is a sticker; my Arctic Blast has a similar sticker saying "Arctic Blaster" [sic]. If so, it can easily be removed, leaving you with a red-and-yellow water gun.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:31 am

I think a splat blaster might be a good choice for indoors. It doesn't have very good range, but that shouldn't matter much indoors. It shoots a small blast of water, and has quick reloading.

You might also want something from the Pulse line. They shoot a nice quick stream of water and only take a few pumps to prime. Just don't get a Pulse Force. It's probably not a very good choice.

SPARTAN VI

Post by SPARTAN VI » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:42 pm

So I showed him the Hydro Blitz and he said it's too big. HAHA :D

Also seems like appearance isn't all that important; he wants something that has a larger reservoir and more force than the shot blast. He described their house rules as ambushes where they only allow 1 shot and close range. The Iron Man meets both requirements. The entire house has tile floors except for the bedrooms.

FYI, they're using spray paint (enamel?).

I've been eyeing the splat blaster for a while; will probably end up buying it for myself. Such a unique weapon.
Last edited by SPARTAN VI on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.