Need a Max Infusion Flash Flood or something of similar shock value

Advertisments by potential buyers. Post here if you're looking for a soaker.
TimeBandit

Need a Max Infusion Flash Flood or something of similar shock value

Post by TimeBandit » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:43 pm

I've looked all over the internet for this baby and can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price. I used to own one of these and an Artic Blast, and I absolutely loved this one; the recoil was great and the sheer volume of water released by the shotgun blast was priceless. My Artic Blast's function was noticeably weaker and rather disappointing.

I need a working one quickly because I'm going on vacation soon.However, if you can suggest a model with similar firepower/ a similar feature as the Flash Flood, I'd be more than happy to buy it.

Thanks.

martianshark

Re: Need a Max Infusion Flash Flood or something of similar shock value

Post by martianshark » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:56 pm

The Arctic blast is as simular to the FF as you can get. But there are some other and more poweful water guns such as the Vindicator or Pulse Master. The Splat Blaster is a shotgun type water gun, but it's much weaker. However, reloading takes only one pump.

The water gun with the best shock value is the CPS 2000. It shoots a huge stream of water with much more output than a Flash Flood, and it shoots a lot further too. But they cost a lot of money. Smaller CPSs like the CPS 2500, 1200, or 1500 will cost less and are still pretty good. Monsters are also good.

Also, if you can't find anything, building a homemade is a good choice. Ben's APH's riot blast had output of over 50x, which is over twice as much as the CPS 2000. And it was only about $40! My PRH also had huge output. My small APH that was made out of leftovers had a blast that was about as big as an Arctic Blast's blast.

Oh yeah, and you could also modify an Arctic Blast. With a Colosus and a PC expantion, it could easily beat the Flash Flood. A pressure relief valve disable would also be a good idea.
Last edited by martianshark on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimeBandit

Post by TimeBandit » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Thanks. I'd only be interested in an Artic Blast as a last resort, or if for some reason the riot blast was unusually strong.
My sister actually has the shot blast and I like its build aesthetically, but the amount of water fired is a bit to low for me.
I'd also be willing to buy another gun with a powerful riot blast feature.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Riot blasts are only good if you have time to reload.

Even so, the only gun other then the FF or AB that has a riot blast is the Hydroblitz. I have no idea how you are going to get one on such short notice, but ebay has reasonable prices the last time I checked. (15 minutes ago. :p )
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:40 pm

The Hydroblitz's riot blasts are small, though. But they are pretty powerful and have good range.

TimeBandit

Post by TimeBandit » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 pm

I'll be sure to check it out. I'm going for absolute shock value because I'll be going up against mostly very casual players; reload time won't matter too much. Sheer drenching potential definitely will. ;)

EDIT: saw the hydroblitz around $60 plus shipping on ebay. I'm afraid that's a little over my budget. I'll probably pay $40 max. If I can't find anything, I guess I'll have to settle for a $20 store bought one.

EDIT EDIT: Just saw the edit to your first post, martian shark. This
Also, if you can't find anything, building a homemade is a good choice. Ben's APH's riot blast had output of over 50x, which is over twice as much as the CPS 2000. And it was only about $40! My PRH also had huge output. My small APH that was made out of leftovers had a blast that was about as big as an Arctic Blast's blast.

Oh yeah, and you could also modify an Arctic Blast. With a Colosus and a PC expantion, it could easily beat the Flash Flood. A pressure relief valve disable would also be a good idea.
seems very interesting. I could probably cobble together something in time. Modifying an Artic blast is also a potential solution because they're much cheaper than flash floods. However, I'm unsure as to what colossus and PC expansions are exactly.
Last edited by TimeBandit on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:46 am

Do you know how a water gun works? Water is pumped into a rubber bladder (a large, thick balloon-like thing) and is emptied when you pull the trigger and open the firing valve. The bladder on the Arctic Blast is cylindar shaped, so putting bike tubes onto the bladder will increase its power. That modification is called Colosus.

However, the rubber bladder is placed in a plastic cylindar in order to protect it from popping, and it isn't big enough for the bladder after it's colosused. So a PC expantion is usually done with a colosus. To do this, you replace the plastic cylindar that it came with, with a larger piece of pipe.

Also, there is a valve called the pressure relief valve that lets water back into the pressure chamber is the pressure is too high. But the colosus makes the pressure higher, so the PRV kicks in too soon, so most people also disable the PRV when they do a colosus.

There are guides for all of these modifications at SSC's modification section.

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:30 pm

The Flash Flood can be had in bricks-and-mortar stores (notably Argos) in the UK. Dunno about the USA.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Nice avatar, Zeda...

The HydroBlitz IMO is way too pricey for what it can do. It's design is excessively complicated, resulting in a huge blaster that's not really powerful. The FF provides similar range and power in a much smaller package and it's small size may even contribute to shock value. If size is the shock value factor here, the Vindicator or Vanquisher could be good choices and those can be found in stores.

If you can find neither the FF nor AB in stores, you may want to try out the Iron Man, which is based on the AB but with a slightly modified trigger that may be more reliable. It should be just as powerful.

Of course, the Monster XL offers the ultimate in shock value via sheer size. However, the payload from a CPS 2000 will certainly leave more people running away. The problem here is that you're going on vacation and probably can't bring something so large, so a good choice would be a medium CPS; specifically the CPS 1000, 1200, and/or 2100 are all excellent blasters for their size and are more potent than the Vindicator and Vanquisher while being roughly the same size. You can even find these CPS's for relatively good prices on eBay and they can be easily modified for more range.

Whatever blaster you buy, be aware that you may need to make repairs after a summer or two of use. It depends on the blaster you get, it's initial condition, and how much it's used.

VAJMH

Post by VAJMH » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:56 pm

I have a max infusion flash flood with 100 oz aquapack. Let's chat.
Personal Collection: Monster X, Monster XL, Helix, Triple Shot, Aquapack Devastator, Liquidator, Arctic Shock, Shot Blast, Splazhzooka
Super Soaker 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 100, 200, MDS, Bow & Arrow
XP 20, 35, 55, 70, 75, 85, 105, 110, 150, 175, 250, 270, 275, 310
CPS 1000, 1200, 1350(1-3-5), 1500, 2000, 2100, 2500, 2700, 3000, 4100