uk water guns

Advertisments by potential buyers. Post here if you're looking for a soaker.
Daniel

uk water guns

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:52 pm

I am looking for enyone selling water guns in the uk.

Silence

Re: uk water guns

Post by Silence » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Things you could do:
  • Keep an eye on ebay.co.uk
  • Check craigslist
  • Check yard sales

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:13 pm

I have been looking on ebay and yard sales, I have had some luck on ebay but keep on getting out bidded or not being there when it ends but still trying. What is craigslist?

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Craigslist is similar to eBay but more informal. They also don't really have a reviews system, so you never know whether to trust a seller, so sales should generally be done in person. One of my teachers, who is from Philadelphia, noted that larger cities tend to have useful craigslist communities, but the rest are nearly useless. Hence it's an option that I just threw out there - I doubt it'll be very practical.

If you're bidding on eBay, you'll need to be aware of the proxy bidding system. Essentially, whatever number you type in is the maximum amount that you're willing to pay, but you only have to pay as much as it takes to be the winner. Here's an example, using dollars since I don't have a pound key on my keyboard ( ;) ):

* Bidder A's maximum bid is $15
* Bidder B puts in a maximum of $30
* the displayed price is now $15.50, because that's all it takes to ensure bidder B wins
* Bidder C puts in a maximum of $20
* the displayed price is now $20.50, but bidder B remains the winning bidder - it's just that he has to pay more to ensure to beat the second-place bidder
* Bidder D puts in a maximum of $40
* the displayed price is now $31.00, with bidder D as the winning bidder

Note: the displayed price will always be greater than the second-place bid by one bid increment.

That's fairly complicated, but the point is: bid what you think the value of the item is, that is, how much you'd be willing to pay for it. If other bid later on, but not by enough to beat you, then you'll have to pay more, but you'll still win. If somebody beats your bid, then it doesn't matter, because you made it clear that you didn't think the item was worth that much anyway.

Knowing all this won't help if you're not willing to bid enough to win the water gun anyway. But try it and see - place a bid for the most you're willing to pay, then see what happens.

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:44 pm

I will keep an eye out on criagslist and start a new method of bidding on ebay. Thanks!

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:26 am

I have water guns, but am not really wanting to sell them. I might consider selling some of the 'lesser' guns, but the CPSes I'm keeping.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:40 am

I completely understand about the CPSs if i had any i would never sell them. Just out of interest there did you get them? How much would you want for the tiger shark ive herd that an ok gun?

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:43 am

The 2100 came along with a few other guns from cobralex (on these forums) in the US. That was back when the exchange rate was £1=$2, so I got a good deal

The 1200 was from eBay.

Actually, I'm not selling, sorry.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:57 pm

no problem. Thanks.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:26 pm

I've got a brand new Super Soaker Pool Pumper Cannon that I could sell if you're interested.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Not sure, I dont think we have a place to fill it up constantly as I would probable be using it for water fights but i will consider it.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:54 pm

The Main unfortunate thing about being in the UK, is that with our weather, most of the best water-guns seem to stay away from our stores. Back in the day, a place like Woolworths would have been your best bet, but with them being essentially dead...

(But I hear they're making a comeback soon as an online-shop)
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!