SS CPS3200 Tank & Hose Needed

Advertisments by potential buyers. Post here if you're looking for a soaker.
VTSoaker

SS CPS3200 Tank & Hose Needed

Post by VTSoaker » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:29 am

I am looking for the tank and hose for the Super Soaker CPS 3200. My 5 year old found the rifle part in a second hand store and REALLY wants it to work! If you have a water pack and or hose, PLEASE contact me!!

Thanks!
JP for my son, Quinn
:)

Silence

Re: SS CPS3200 Tank & Hose Needed

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:32 am

You probably won't be able to find the backpack unless somebody has a broken water gun. If you can't find a replacement, feel free to build a homemade backpack.

Is that VT as in Virginia Tech? Grr...from Charlottesville. :)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:37 am

SilentGuy is right. Original backpacks are hard to come by these days. I'd use hose barb (shown in the backpack guide) and some putty epoxy to turn the old hose attachment port into a hose barb. Sand the inside and outside of the port and the threads of the hose barb, put some mixed epoxy putty on the sides of the hose barb, and then cover the port with epoxy putty to seal it in. You'll be able to attach simple tubing available at any hardware store now and you can use a homemade backpack.

Let us know if you need any help with this. ;)

VTSoaker

Post by VTSoaker » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:09 pm

SilentGuy wrote: Is that VT as in Virginia Tech? Grr...from Charlottesville. :)
NO, it is as in Vermont, the Green Mountain State! :D

And Thanks, Ben, for the idea for adapting to the connector! My son had me up at 6:30 this morning wanting to get it fixed NOW!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Y'all!!!!!

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:18 pm

Hmmm...just for test firing, would dunking the back end of the blaster in water work? It's obviously not very practical for actually using the gun, but it would at least demonstrate that it works and its power.

VTSoaker

Post by VTSoaker » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:36 am

cantab wrote:Hmmm...just for test firing, would dunking the back end of the blaster in water work? It's obviously not very practical for actually using the gun, but it would at least demonstrate that it works and its power.

I'll give it a go at bath time!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Today I bought a CPS 3000 off eBay for relatively cheap ($60, when the average is $127) and it doesn't have a backpack or a strap, so I'm going to make my own. I'll be sure to put a guide here on it. If you want to wait for my guide I'll probably have something figured out in a week to week and a half after the gun arrives.

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:41 pm

After successfully replacing my original CPS 3200's yellow backpack with the soft 3L Hasbro Max Infusion one today (it works brilliantly from a personal point of view), I no longer need my hard plastic yellow backpack you need.

The yellow backpack in terms of value to me is worthless, all you have to do is pay the shipping, however I must warn you it could be a bit (as I'm from the UK). Sorry but I can't help you with the hose though I'm afraid. Any questions just ask. Also I can answer any questions if anybody is interested in what I did with the 3L Hasbro backpack.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:44 pm

So the Max Infusion backpack and the CPS 3200 one use the same hose tubing? That's probably the most important factor. It looks like VTSoaker could just plug in the hose from the MI backpack.

Thanks. :)

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:54 pm

They do not use the same tubing, the 3200's hose tubing is a bit bigger, I basically had to force the mostly cut off Max Infusion backpack tubing over the hose barb using some boiling water. I've attached a picture to give a better idea.

What also needs to be considered is the adaptor on the tubing that goes into the 3200 is not fully straight forward to make from what I can see anyway, so I'm afraid I cannot help there.
Attachments
IMG_7816.JPG

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:05 pm

I'm interested that you wanted to change the backpack for such a smaller one. It seems to me to defeat the whole point of the 3200, which is to dish out loads of water without needing a refill.

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:15 pm

So, everyone has different styles, I dislike the 3200's hard plastic backpack (which is why I no longer need it), I like being light on my feet, and since the tubing to the backpack has a standard threaded connector to allow this lighter Max Infusion backpack it would go perfect with the blaster for me. I call it the CPS 3200 Lite.

It does NOT defeat the purpose of the 3200, it just gives it a different purpose, hosing people down in a far more agile package similar the CPS 1500 in capacity and firing chamber volume. Exactly what I wanted as my armoury needed some variety as before it was mostly CPS 1500's. Now I have this altered to my specifications CPS 3200 as well as two soft backpacked CPS 3000's which I can control how much I want to fill with, so it gives variety.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:29 pm

Ah...if you have 3000's as well it makes more sense, giving you the variety. For some reason I was assuming the 3200 was your only backpack gun. And I suppose the blaster portion will be lighter than a full non-backpack gun of similar capacity.

VTSoaker

Post by VTSoaker » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Aqua_Flash wrote:After successfully replacing my original CPS 3200's yellow backpack with the soft 3L Hasbro Max Infusion one today (it works brilliantly from a personal point of view), I no longer need my hard plastic yellow backpack you need.

The yellow backpack in terms of value to me is worthless, all you have to do is pay the shipping, however I must warn you it could be a bit (as I'm from the UK). Sorry but I can't help you with the hose though I'm afraid. Any questions just ask. Also I can answer any questions if anybody is interested in what I did with the 3L Hasbro backpack.

PLEASE let me know what to do to get this pack!!
and so... all I need to do is set it up with hose? Cool.

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:44 am

The yellow backpack I am offering or the soft one? If you meant the plastic yellow backpack, all you have to do is pay the shipping on it by PayPal, but be aware that it might cost a fair bit though.