Wanted: Supercannon II

Advertisments by potential buyers. Post here if you're looking for a soaker.
Gaz

Wanted: Supercannon II

Post by Gaz » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:19 am

Hey guys.

This year I'm heading up the 2nd Annual Vancouver's Largest Waterfight out here in B.C Canada. (For those interested, you can find the event via Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 809&ref=mf)

I've been looking for something to really kick off this years event and I took notice to the Supercannon II. While I am aware that there's a DIY on the site, I am not capable of making such a device. I was wondering if anyone has the ability to construct me one or even has one they are willing to sell with instructions on how to use it, please let me know.

My current weapon is an Aqua Shock Hydro Blitz. I love this thing but it goes thru too much water a round. Hence why I'd like a Supercannon II as a secondary just for good measure =p

I hope someone is able to assist me here. When it comes to mods and such I fail. -_-;; Thanks a lot guys!

SSCBen

Re: Wanted: Supercannon II

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:58 pm

Welcome to SSC!

That's a pretty huge event! I remember checking out Facebook for events before and I couldn't find any. That might have been because it was winter though...

Supercannon II seems to have become a big hit once I put it on the website. I made that two years ago and posted about it here, but no one noticed. Here's one group that adopted my photo: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=11245158461

By when the event is I should be able to make you one, and I could make it in the new planned Supercannon III style which is the same thing but with more water and air capacity. That can be accomplished with a U shaped water gun.

However, please be aware that the water gun requires a bike pump or an air compressor. If you want to use a bike pump I'd make the smaller Supercannon II style gun instead of the III so you don't have to pump as much.

Also be aware that I don't think I can charge less than 200 USD for this water gun including shipping. I remember going through the prices recently and it came out higher than I remembered (which I guess can be expected because I built it two years ago). Because you don't have to worry about shipping or yourself making a little profit, you can make it for cheaper.

Another thing to be aware of is that if your reasons for wanting Supercannon II are to have a gun that goes through less water than the Hydro Blitz... well, Supercannon II isn't what you're looking for. The point of Supercannon II was to make as powerful a water gun as possible within a certain budget, so unless you put a small nozzle on or reduce the pressure, the water consumption will be high.

And don't be put off by building. If you don't think you're capable of building, well, chances are that you are perfectly capable. If you asked me 6 years ago if I'd ever build a water gun, I'd say no very clearly. It's nowhere near as hard or time consuming as you might imagine. Supercannon II is actually a very easy to construct water gun. You don't even need a drill to make it. The hardest part is putting the piston in the gun, which isn't hard at all.
Last edited by SSCBen on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:00 pm

Yep, SuperCannon II wasn't designed simply to carry a lot of water - it uses it all up in one shot. That said, it would be an effective backup if you could carry it easily. The intimidation factor might cause others to stay away while you go to refill. :p

It sounds like you need a backpack reservoir. You could probably hook it up to any primary water gun.

And finally, I'll concur that anybody can build any water gun. It's literally a matter of plugging one item into another, provided you have a decent saw (a metal band saw or a hacksaw will do).

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Ben: Thanks for the reply :D

I'm aware of the capacity of the Supercannon 2. Actually, I wanted it sort of as a "Last Resort" if you will for when my team and I pull out to reload and we've got people chasing us. Something about an unknown cannon pointed your way strikes fear into the hearts of those that are infront of it =p

I was also looking off-site at another invention -- The Water Balloon Launcher. I thought it was a very impressive design and personally thought it'd be something to carry as well in the heat of it all.

So the Supercannon 2 is governed by a bike pump? That's no problem. I'd jack the thing up before heading out to battle anyways =p

Well, I have to head to work right now, so when I come back I'll reply more into what I may decide. =p Thanks for the reply and talk to you soon!

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:57 am

Alright, there was one other gun I actually think I'd perfer to have as its tank seems to be governed by an insulated bag of some kind.

I have a picture of a guy who brought his home made watergun. I've asked him for assistance but he has yet to get back to me. If anyone has a clue as to what this is then please let me know and if you're able to mimic it, then I'd definately like anyones assistance.

Last year, this was the message about how he made the gun:

"It's a bilge pump, with the plunger mechanism modified. I used a couple of one-way valves designed for sump-pumps. It works with the 2-valve mechanism you see in footpumps and stuff"
Attachments
big watergun3.jpg
big watergun2.jpg
big watergun.jpg
Last edited by Gaz on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:08 pm

This just looks like a heavy duty piston pumper. Each pump of the gun shoots a stream. The backpack technically is just a water supply; your arm is doing all the work to fire the water.

Usually these kind of guns are good to use for a long time because they get many shots and each one is ready once the last is shot. It might be a good backup, but as a "last resort" I don't think it will work well since it won't have insane output you're looking for.

Do you have a link to the page about the gun?
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:21 pm

I think I've seen that one on Flickr actually. That's just your average backpack piston gun. It's one of the easier designs to make because it involves few parts and low pressures.

Here's one of the manufactured variety: http://www.sscentral.org/reviews/zx1000.html

Here's another of the homemade variety: http://forums.sscentral.org/33244-post15.html

All you really need to do is take a homemade piston water gun of some kind and stick the check valves on it in the right locations and directions to turn it into a one way pump. The problem with this design is the flow reduction and introduction of turbulence from the check valve right in front of the nozzle.

Edit: Drenchenator beat me to it.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:06 pm

I don't think there's a step-by-step guide on how to make a soaker like that, if that's what you're looking for. However, you could go with this design, which is meant to be filled through the nozzle. You'll want to add check valves in a standard pump configuration as seen in the air pressure homemade guide.

Make sure you use at least 3/4" valves if you want good flow/output/range. I know on some piston pumpers, there's just a small nozzle and no check valves, and thanks to the viscosity of water, the water doesn't seep out through the nozzle until you shoot. But for relatively high flow, you need check valves.